It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Really Happening In Grand Isle Louisiana - You Won't Believe This!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

In the Immortal words of the Late Sam Kinison,
SAY IT, SAY IT, OH OH OH!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I express my compassion and love to all of you that are afraid and those who are being directly affected by the oil spill.

000 0 --0---this is a positive vibration---0----0---- 0 0 0 0 0 for you

[edit on 16-6-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I was wondering if it is prison folk doing the supposed clean up and this is why there is armed security with them and no one is allowed talk to time.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
This is simply the way very large governments and very large corporations behave. They are only beholden to the acquisition of money and power. That is it. Beyond that, they serve no purpose.

You want to know what it is like to live in a world run by machines? Look around!

BP won't clean it up because there is no profit in it.
The government won't clean it up because it gives them power.

The sooner people realize that machines are running the world, the sooner we can begin breaking them up.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
So why do we have this video with footage of loafing "workers" and yet on another thread we are being told there is a "media black-out" and are being shown that well known reporters are not allowed to get that close to the incident scenes?

This seems like a lot of conflicting information. And most of the information we ARE getting seems to be contrived to elicit emotional responses rather than unbiased news presentation.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Aw, poor workers - it's in the 90's. SHEESH!!! I did construction work for years, often doing 12-14 days in 100 degree heat. We didn't stop every hour for a break. We sweated alot and we drank gallons of water.
These are your typical American workers today (or non-workers if you like). They get uncomfortable and they think they're being abused. We have turned into a nation of wussies.
They only way these beaches will get cleaned is if we replace the oil with sweat. If they don't sweat the oil will stay there. It's that simple.

That video is heart wrenching. Dying baby birds is one thing that truly ticks me off. I can feel my blood pressure shooting sky high right now.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This may have been said already but along with paid workers not cleaning up the beaches they will also not allow UNPAID volunteers to help with any clean up efforts. They're getting thousands of offers to help from all over the country and they're not accepting any of them

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The long term affects will be staggering. This morning I did a little research on exactly what will be our best case senario from an evironmental stand point.......I started a thread on this linking to a report I found on the Exxon Valdez spill. This report was written 10 years after the incident. Please notice that only 270,000 barrels of oil was dumped by the Exxon Valdez into the ocean. As of yesterday with the new estimates of 60,000 barrels of oil coming out of the well head daily into the Gulf, that presently equates to 2.5 million barrels roughly.......

Here is the thread on what the Exxon Valdez spill looked like 10 years after the spill. Don't worry, I am not into ATS's scheme of flags and stars......Just passing on information.........

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Making a video is an honorable idea....but it won't work. We are seeing enough on the news and it isn't working.

Focus your rage where it will do the most good. Grab a shovel and your hip waders and lets all schedule our vacation time and we will all show up on the coast and start cleaning it ourselves. We can't depend on anyone else to do it.

Not very likely to happen is it? It's easy to want someone else to do it.

It is time for us to quit say "THEY SHOULD"

It's time for us to start saying "WE SHOULD"

......but what do I know?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

Why is there a car that runs on air being released in India very soon and yet Obama says essentially it is a hard road to find alternative energy...like the technology a developing country has somehow made within cost and distributed to its people.

Because Obama is an empty suit stuffed with an agenda and because the oil companies have been buying and suppressing new alternative energy developments.

Obama is a greater disaster than this BP disaster imho.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Looks like they are hiring a bunch of low life slackers to do the cleanup. They are just there to milk the system and go home with the loot. Sad!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Why when i do see video of the people they have hired to clean up, they are usually just standing around or milling around each other ?

i mean it looks to me as if they are doing less work and moving slower than the Work release convicts who work in chain gangs picking up litter...

is this the best and most motivated people BP can find?

DISGUSTING

~meathead

PS yes i realize thier are probably some very decent folks down there,and i dont mean to detract from those who are putting thier elbow grease where thier mouth is. but why do i not see any video of these people on the msm

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
What gets me is who the f$^k do these private firms think they are? if that was over here or the UK we'd tell them to piss off but why do they have so much power in the US?

<< 1   >>

join