It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Blackwater's Erik Prince Moving to the United Arab Emirates?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Is Blackwater's Erik Prince Moving to the United Arab Emirates?

www.thenation.com

Sources close to Blackwater and its secretive owner Erik Prince claim that the embattled head of the world's most infamous mercenary firm is planning to move to the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The Middle Eastern nation, a major hub for the US war industry, has no extradition treaty with the United States. In April, five of Prince's top deputies were hit with a fifteen-count indictment by a federal grand jury on conspiracy, weapons and obstruction of justice charges.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thedailybeast.com

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Its a pretty interesting read. Apparently this dude was importing illegal weapons into Iraq - and has murdered people who have spoken about such things.

Also, Halliburton has recently moved its headquarters to Dubai.

Looks like they are setting up for the long haul.

Go to 7:15 for the punchline.

www.thenation.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15/6/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Great, so now he'll be able to run his operations from the Middle East, still getting American contracts I'm sure. He will probably have even more free reign from Dubai, allowing him to wreak much more havoc.

At least there is a little justice in that he may not be able to come back if he is indicted here. IMO, Prince is one of the world's main obstacles to peace and I'm afraid it will only get worse if he sets up shop in Dubai.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
like rats jumping ship to me.
Or should I say cockroaches?

maybe America is too hostile territory
for poor Erik ..... lmao

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Anyone who actually takes Scahill as an unbiased, reliable source is an idiot.

The moron has an anti-war agenda and surely doesnt have 100% factual information into the workings (read under the table deals) of such a firm.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

I don't take any source as 100% reliable. In fact, I see this source just as reliable as FOX News or CNN, if not more so.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
Anyone who actually takes Scahill as an unbiased, reliable source is an idiot.

The moron has an anti-war agenda and surely doesnt have 100% factual information into the workings (read under the table deals) of such a firm.

So what if he has an anti-war agenda? let me guess your comment make you pro war i assume?

I stopped watching the tv, latey so i could care less if the info is 100% factual.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

He seems to be particularly focused on Blackwater and other PMC activity - and may have an anti-war "agenda", though from my view - it seems he is just one of very few people who actually reports on PMC activity (and if that makes him "anti-war" - so be it) - This does not make him unreliable though.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

For one, since day 1 Scahill has incorrectly identified BW as a "mercenary" firm. That is simply untrue, yet he knows its an emotional buzzword.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

What else is a Private Military Contractor?

mercenary:
influenced by greed or desire for gain

Sounds about right to me.

What need is there for a Private Military if it does not come back to this definition?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
If he moves to the United Arab Emirates then that country will have him as the metaphorical prince. Though a more accurate metaphor would be saying he's going to be the Pirate Prince of the Emirates. Now he can sell arms more easily to Egypt. I feel for the people there if his arrival is imminent.

Erik Prince: Pirate Prince of the Emirates

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

How about force protection? EP details?

Using the little definition you posted there, everyone is a merc since they go to work for personal gain.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
what you smoking that you don't know blackwater is a merc outfit. i live in nc they hire exmilitary they arm them then send them in to hotspots to run check points . they is what a merc is a military for hire. but i thought there was a law stating merc outfits couldn't legaly operate in us.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

You just contradicted yourself.

You stated they run checkpoints. Thats a security matter, not a military matter.

Seriously, if you want to debate this, try actually knowing about it before you make yourself look like a fool.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I'd like you to explain EP details, if you wouldn't mind please.

As for "force protection" - its just spin! Propagated by government and the PMCs themselves to soothe public opinion and blur a persons understanding - the equivalent of calling cleaners "sanitary engineers".

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

In depth details, or just a general overview of what EP work is all about?

I'd be glad to answer any questions without revealing too much info.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The guy who wants to destroy Islam is moving to UAE?

irony.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Of course maybe he wants to destroy American Constitutional democracy even more than Islam?

That could be it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Maybe the hookers, strippers & child prostitutes are cheaper over there? Or at least easier to get in any event.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
...erik is gonna go where the money is because he's a capitalist and, afterall, thats the american way, eh?...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join