It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb Scare at CNN Building in Hollywood Prompts Closures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Bomb Scare at CNN Building in Hollywood Prompts Closures

laist.com

"At approximately 7:24 p.m., a suspicious package outside the CNN building at Sunset and Vine was reported to the LAPD prompting the closure of surrounding streets and nearby stores such as Amoeba Records. Sunset was shut down between Wilcox and Ivar and Cahunega from Selma to De Longpre. Word spread on Twitter that the incident was a "bomb threat," but officials with LAPD Media Relations emphasized it was a suspicious package and no threat had been made."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If I did this wrong, I apologize. I haven't posted to Breaking News before. I know this is not a very worthy news source, however I have former co-workers working on Hollywood Blvd who told me about the bomb threat closing the road and I don't see it in the MSM yet (although it supposedly occurred at the CNN building). I searched first and did not see anything else on the subject (unless somebody has posted while I've been typing).

laist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I don't see this as alternative news, am turning on ...gulp...CNN.

I wonder if this will end up being more of the same powder substance found in 2 or 3 different states yesterday including a Fed bulding ? If so it must be a pretty big network of people trying to scare the American population.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It's probably nothing or one would think it would be on CNN already, seeing as how it is their building. However, my friends who were there during the closure are wondering why it is not on the news? I guess it is normal for the road to be closed for red carpet events... for bomb threats, not so normal.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
From April 2009, right? Pretty old news but interesting.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by ListenD]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Yep, April 2009 - its okay we all get in a hurry and make mistakes.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ListenD
OP please tell me you are kidding... You do realize this story is from April 2009, right?

[edit on 15-6-2010 by ListenD]

Ha! No, I totally missed that, very good catch!! My friends are telling me Hollywood Blvd was closed TODAY due to bomb threat, and wondering why is it not in the news, and one of THEIR friends posted the link to this story, which was the only thing I could find on it, so I thought that must be it. But I guess this story is for something from last year, so it must not even be connected. Sorry about that! I will try to get more info and a better source!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
If so it must be a pretty big network of people trying to
scare the American population.

I don't think they are trying to scare
the people.

I think they are trying to scare the government.

What better way to shut the government
down ???

Bomb Threats !!!!
Suspicious packages !!!!!
Powder in mail !!!!!

doing these things every single day
would almost bring the government
to a stand still as they have safety
procedures they have to follow
on every single one.

Multiply that by 10,000 everyday.

Government employees stay home.
Government non functional.

NOTE: I am NOT advocating violence or terrorism
or implying it in any way. Just making
a point to the OP.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well, I found this, but it still is not a credible source. www.wehodaily.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
...and this, again from LAist, and just about as much info as before, but today's date. This must be what they were referring to. laist.com...

Regardless, looks like it's basically non-news. Oh well, sorry for wasting your time, all.

top topics

join