It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Stepped Into the Gates of Hell" Prison Nightmare for [van der Sloot]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Though it was widely believed that van der Sloot would be sent to the "infamous" Lurigancho Prison (Peru's worst of the worst) he is currently held in the "tourist" section of M.C.C. without the possibility of parole.

It appears to be a rough road ahead. Can't say that I'll shed any tears for him.

For now, van der Sloot is being held in his own cell at Miguel Castro Castro, not far from the prison director's office. If he is convicted of the murder charge, he faces 15 to 35 years in prison. Most of that time, Griffith said, likely would be spent in the "tourist section," where inmates from foreign countries are held.

"They try to keep the tourist section cordoned off so other prisoners can't get in, but during the course of your stay, you'll have to leave your dormitory and interact with other inmates," Griffith said. "You're going to have to go to the administration center, you're going to have guys coming in who shine shoes, bring drugs into a section, come in to prepare food, etc. Any one of these guys, for a $100 bill, will slit your throat. The prisoners would be lining up for the opportunity."

Peru prisons are said to be some of the worst in the world and many don't believe van der Sloot will have an easy go of it ... some believe he will be targeted and won't survive and others believe his stay at M.C.C. is temporary and Lurigancho is in his future. Send him. I hope they do.

Not Over Till It's Over

Griffith said van der Sloot could still wind up in Lurigancho Prison once he is sentenced. "He is probably being held at Castro Castro in the interim," Griffith said. "Even if they don't move him, he's still stepped into the gates of hell.

"You ever see MSNBC's 'Lockup,' the program that covers all these American prisons?" Griffith continued, "Let me put it to you like this. These guys on that show think they're tough, but if you sent them down to Peru, the prisoners there would make them into women.

I'm telling you. You just don't know how bad it is. Van der Sloot has no idea what's coming."

[edit on 15-6-2010 by LadySkadi]

mod edit: fixed page stretch

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Duzey]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
National Geographic expose on 2 of the world's toughest prisons:
(1) Santa Murtha - Mexico
(2) Lurigancho - Peru - mark 26:15

[edit on 15-6-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
And getting a hotel room with Van der Sloot is hell too!

I guess his karma came back and bit him eh?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Yeah you wouldn't want to end up in lurigancho. It's basically escape from new york............. except you can't escape.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
What about the prisons in Mexico? Are they as bad as the prisons in Peru

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

There are some in Mexico that may be as bad. That National Geographic Video is a 2-prison expose, one is Lurigancho and one is a prison in Mexico. Also, at the bottom of the article it lists a few of the world's worst prisons. Makes America sound tame.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I remember watching those segments. I was reading something the other day, but I can't find it now, where a victims mother was able to bribe one of the high ranking inmates (a daddy) at the Peruvian prison to let the guy who molested her child live, but make his life a living h***, which they did. So Van der Sloot really messed up when he decided to kill someone in Peru. He will definitely get whats coming to him

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

Even if he doesn't get sent to Lurigancho - M.C.C. isn't a cake walk. From the article:

Griffith also pointed to other conditions at the prison, which he says make it anything but a paradise, as some news reports are suggesting.

"Approximately 500 inmates, including 135 women, have brought lawsuits against the guards in that prison for physically abusing them," Griffith said. "Recently, a new warden took over. He was murdered the first day on the job. So this is what we're dealing with. If they got to the warden the first day, can you imagine what could happen to van der Sloot? It's insane."

Yep - Karma...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I know a particular family member or two here in the United States, who will probably be taking that money that he tried to extort.....and using 100 dollars of it in a certain Peruvian prison.......

And it serves him right, they know they will never see their daughter again, and at this point they probably would rather remember her the way she was.....and the way he will be....leaving that place in a body bag......

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Here is a great first hand account of a Peruvian visiting Lurigancho. Link

To think of a prison running the way this one does, just boggles the mind.

I hope that JVDS ends up suffering the entirety of his sentence, rather than him being allowed to escape through death, regardless of the prison he ends up in.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by sporkmonster]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Sadly, I think this prison is too good for him.

I hope nobody get's $100.00 to go at him, because that would shorten the torture I think he needs to be subjected to, for the rest of his life.

Hopefully, with all his notoriety, the prison is keeping him away, completely from any general population there. He's probably a cash cow, to anyone that gives an interview about him there, or his case.

I hope they are making him eat, doo, doo!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Im sure the coward will at some point,kill himself.Hell waits for him and the devil is impatient...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
Im sure the coward will at some point,kill himself.Hell waits for him and the devil is impatient...

You know, I can almost see him paying someone to kill him, versus suicide or the living hell he will be put through.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

[Lurigacho] is 10,000 prisoners in a place built for 3000 and only 100 guards.

The Prisoners run the show. If he is sent there, one can only guess at his fate.

My guess: it will depend on how much money he can come up with to pay his way [maybe] that works for awhile. Mentally, I wonder if he's tough enough? Doubt it...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Good, hopefully he'll burn in the "gates of hell"

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
And getting a hotel room with Van der Sloot is hell too!

I guess his karma came back and bit him eh?

Poetic justice.
I hope he gets a 800lb cell mate named "Jose'" that has a [Certain fetish] for thin Gringo boys.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I hope he gets a 800lb cell mate named "Jose'" that has a [Certain fetish] for thin Gringo boys.

I could care less for the preferences and demographics of the inmates - I just want a co-ordinated effort to get this guy.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e01a0c2fdbb4.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well...Sloot is going to be as endangered as Jeffrey Dahmer. Goodbye killer. Glad I didn't know ya!

[edit on 15-6-2010 by brilab45]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'm glad I didn't meet him either. He's a deadly guy.
THis is the worse case scenario....there's a better one for him.
He gets sentenced to 15 years, and with "good-time" serves six or seven.

Hmmm.

Even then he never tastes freedom again. He's extradited to the US, where he becomes the first person EVER to receive a life sentence for an extortion charge.

American prisoners will fall in love with him too, and want to make him their bride. Provided he's not too used up from the Peruvian prisoner's hungry affections. Come to think of it, maybe they will put him in the same cell with some really, really mean guy from Alabama.

Maybe they will pair him up with OJ, and they will fall in *love*.

Or maybe they could send OJ on down there to him? Oh, sorry. OT. Wishful thinking.

Just a thought..........

[edit on 6/15/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
And ... now we're reading that his lawyer has quit, due to receiving death threats.

There is no love lost for this dude, from the Peruvians [or most anyone else]

He's in trouble...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join