It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okaloosa County isn’t taking oil spill orders any more knowing they could go to jail

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kerontehe

thanks for explanation.

reason for asking this is non logical behavior where your government still doesn't call for international help so i thought maybe there is a way that states can override this rule.

i know that pride is hard to crush and call for help but that hole isn't getting smaller and my personal opinion is that BP doesn't have a clue what to do.
and Obama talks only about money which will be payed.

i'm not sure that victims of this disaster can eat money, grow money, fish money.... to them it's only paper.

and for the end.... I'm glad that you realize who are HEROES now.
help those people and very best luck in cleaning this crap.
can't help from here but best wishes

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Patriot
Local municipalities shouldn't have to rely on the federal government for any approval, whatsoever that might be. Screw the feds and their inability to properly respond to this disaster. This regime (and that's exactly what it is) is utterly clueless and driven by pure ignorance of anything outside of their little world. Damn the feds.
Yes, I said 'damn the feds!' Come get me obama. If you dare.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by The Patriot]

Sheriff Richard I. Mack has said it all. This is a fact, the county Sheriff has MORE power than the Pres. That is true, he is the elected official BY the people and NOT an electoral college, and so the Sheriff is the true LAW enforcement man, he has the ultimate authority in his county and can disregard federal orders. this has happened in Wyoming, Montana and several other states, Sheriff's have actually taken the federal government to court over different things and won. Do your own research, i have not the time. Just sayin'.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

S&F. Good for them!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Kudos to these men and the locals of said county!!!! May the rest of us from the Gulf states follow their lead.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
An example of true leadership? In my country? This just can't be...

It's very pleasant to see a true leader. What this country needs is more people like these. Someone not afraid to break the rules for the greater good, someone who actually cares.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

It looks like this leak may have to burn it self out so we need to start mitigating the damage now and this video is the way to do it IMO!

The Well in Mexico flowed for 9 months ... and then they "topped" it with something on the order of a HUGE sombrero shaped piece of concrete .. which finally stopped it from flowing!!

PB may have to make an 4 Olympic Swimming-pool sized Concrete Sombrero with a wide, wide brim to slide over this hole in the sea ... That way the pressure is equalized all around the hole and th cap will fill and then the fill will eventually turn to asphalt ...

That is if the big bubble building under the well head does not go poof.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Perhaps a real ray of Hope!!

This was on Facebook today ... and it looks like a wonderful thing. It will cover many of the problems.

Now all we need is a different way to flame off the gas!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join