It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARTIAL LAW ALERT: Gulf Coast Evacuation Scenario Summer/Fall 2010

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

That concerns me too. The dispersants are a trade off. They delay the movement of the oil and they conceal it below the surface. They protect the pretty beaches and thus protect the tourism industry, but they impact the filter fish and the ecosystem. The effects will be less apparent this way.

If the leak is stopped, then the oil concealed below the surface will break down and the ecosystem will take care of it over the next several years, but we won't want to eat any oysters or game fish.

If the leak is not stopped none of it matters anyway.

Your concern is shared by most, and I'm afraid that the dispersant is currently the lessor of the evils, but certainly not without evil of its own.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeropointt07

These huge underwater plumes theyre not talking about,

I have looked a little bit can't find anything on these plumes. Maybe
one of the more rounded parties?
Zero has been waiting for an answer very patiently.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh there are plumes!

BP has stopped funding the Universities that were locating the plumes, but several were found that extended for miles beneath the surface.

At 5000 feet below the sea surface things don't float the way the do close to the surface. The vast majority of this oil is contained in plumes below the surface and silently and secretly moving about the Gulf.

As the oil breaks down naturally or due to dispersants, the heavier particulates linger at the depths and only the lighter stuff makes it to the surface. This tragedy is vastly different than a typical oil "spill" where all the oil floats on the water.

All the off-hand "chocolate milk" and "coffee" comments that our idiotic politicians have made here and there are a result of things not looking all that bad at the surface. A frothy reddish-brown chocolate milk is not nearly as TV friendly as thick black crude. The real damage is concealed below the waves and it may be decades before it is entirely understood.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yay! They finally gave us a deepwater disaster forum and looks like they are in the process of moving the related threads there. Good job!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Our local news just said they are gonna burn the oil .....what will this do with all the chemicals in the air that they are spraying and the natural chemicals coming from the ocean floor where the plates are ? >..Is it good to mix all of those chemicals with FIRE ???
I have my whole family who lives on the beach in Florida ...and my son and my grandchildren are on vacation there visiting the family that lives there .
They are saying everything is wonderful there and they tell me I am being paranoid when I tell them they need to leave before it gets worse ........
what is gonna happen when they light the oil on fire ?????

Also ..how many times have the POWERS THAT BE told us something that IS A LIE ??????? Since when can we trust them to tell us the truth ..

Lets not forget KATRINA .....if anyone thinks they are gonna come save the coastal peoples before they START DIEING >......THEY BETTER REMEMBER KATRINA >...............it was FIVE DAYS before they even tried to get people out and transport them ....

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by randyvs

Oh there are plumes!

BP has stopped funding the Universities that were locating the plumes, but several were found that extended for miles beneath the surface.

At 5000 feet below the sea surface things don't float the way the do close to the surface. The vast majority of this oil is contained in plumes below the surface and silently and secretly moving about the Gulf.

As the oil breaks down naturally or due to dispersants, the heavier particulates linger at the depths and only the lighter stuff makes it to the surface. This tragedy is vastly different than a typical oil "spill" where all the oil floats on the water.

All the off-hand "chocolate milk" and "coffee" comments that our idiotic politicians have made here and there are a result of things not looking all that bad at the surface. A frothy reddish-brown chocolate milk is not nearly as TV friendly as thick black crude. The real damage is concealed below the waves and it may be decades before it is entirely understood.

Does this answer your question ZERO? If you are still with us.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

They have already been attempting to burn it with limited success. Believe it or not, it doesn't burn very well, and their controlled burns keep going out.

Burning it will help the slow the spread, and protect the marshlands and beaches, but it will certainly aggravate the breathing problems.

If they burn it close to the shore, then they should issue advisory warnings for people with breathing ailments. If they are doing it hundreds of miles offshore, then it won't affect you at all.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

reply to post by CAELENIUM

This is not a personal attack, but my posts had the EPA sources not yours. My posts linked to the official pages, warnings, measurements, etc. Yours has just been conjecture. Why do you now say that I am free to ignore the EPA?

Please post a source for the supposed 3300 ppb that you claim. Other posters have tried on other threads and there is no source for that info. There has never been such a measurement.

Your supposed Georgia University in Atlanta (I suppose you actually mean University of Georgia 50 miles away in Athens) has not published what you claim.

Please post your sources, and then I will be happy to discuss those specific events, but I do not believe they ever happened, and I do not believe they ever will.

Why are you doing your best to discredit my blog ? My sources are published in my blog. Hit the links that I insert for you in my entry prior to this one. Why if your sources are real, do you not insert your links ? Because you are the one who is not legitimate. As regard to the UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA publishing their measurements, they are the measurements made personally by and published personally by one lady professor SAMANTHA JOYE. Wether the UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA want to discredit their employee is their choice to make. Her honesty is not in doubt. She stated her personally made measurements of atmospheric METHANE CH4 [natural gas] to be 10,000 times above the normal. That might not frighten you, but I think that it will frighten most people. Being afraid of high levels of METHANE CH4 [natural gas] is basically common sense, since obviously METHANE CH4 [natural gas] is highly explosive. METHANE CH4 [natural gas] is all the more dangerous because it does not have any odour. When used for household heating and cooking it is usual to add an odour to it, so that the householder can smell if there should be a leak. As soon as atmospheric level of METHANE C4 [natural gas] reaches 5% there will be explosion.

But much more dangerous than METHANE CH4 is the absolute 100% carcinogenic lethal poisonousness of BENZENE C6H6. What drew my attention to the presence of BENZENE C6H6 in the material, mostly methane C4, emmitting from DEEPWATER HORIZON 252 is that there was flames and fire reportedly observed in the plume. I watched the live feed personally and behold I was watching occassional flames. Apon investigation I found out that BENZALDEHYDE C6H5CHO is giving up its oxygen atom in reacting with the METHANE C4 and thus the methane becomes Carbon Dioxide and Water, but the BENZADEHYDE C6H5CHO becomes BENZENE C6H6. So thus, just by monitoring the live feed provided by BP Plc, we can see that there is certainly no shortage of BENZENE C6H6 emmitting from DEEPWATER HORIZON 252. Remember that exposure to BENZENE is 100% lethal. It does not kill immediately, but will certainly sow the seeds of death, that will hit you further down the road. Preganant mothers will suffer deformed offspring and still birth. Future generations yet to be are going to be "microcephally" and other defects and still birth. According to the EPA "Environmental Protection Agency" any release of more than 10 pounds of BENZENE C6H6 must be reported to the offices of the EPA immediately. I wonder how many tonnes of BENZENE C6H6 the DEEPWATER HORIZON 252 has released ? It is a gasious vapour that will quickly bubble to the surface and will certainly be reaching land.

CO2 + H20 = CH2 + O3 > CH2 + O3 = CO2 + H2O

> SAMANTHA JOYE of Georgia University 01 <
> SAMANTHA JOYE of Georgia University 02 <

[edit on 15/6/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I have posted all of my links. Have you read them? You posted one link, I read it, it was a blog and some odd organization.

The reason I discredited your link is because you fraudulently labeled it as an "EPA Source" when it actually was not.

As for JOYE. I searched UGA for a professor by that name and I found a law professor, but nothing else. Please share your link for that one with us.

If you have real data, or real professors, or real sources, I would be happy to discuss them. I have reviewed everything you have written (except the video, I can't pull up a video from here). I haven't found anything credible yet, except for your cursory knowledge of the subject. You do seem to understand the science, but you also seem to believe everything you read on the internet. (Except me for some reason?)

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I JUST READ THE FIRST PAGE OF YOUR THREAD AND I'M SORRY THAT I DID.

I live on the west coast of Forida and I'm worried about how this will effect me and my family.

I decided that because of this thread I'll stop reading the fear mongering that is posted on ATS.

I've read alot of it in the past few days and after reading yours I became so ill I thought I needed to call 911.

Whatever is going to happen will happen and no one can stop it so I'll just get as prepared as I can and wait for the Emergency Broadcasting Alert to comes across my TV and it won't be a test this time.

I'll read other threads from now on but no more of doomsday crap on ATS.

I hope other members will do the same because all of these threads are good for is to instill fear and I have a feeling that they are posted to do just that.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by MagicaRose]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Our local news just said they are gonna burn the oil .....what will this do with all the chemicals in the air that they are spraying and the natural chemicals coming from the ocean floor where the plates are ? >..Is it good to mix all of those chemicals with FIRE ???

I'm sure you know of the Biblical and Hopi details concerning this possible ele. I have been hoping not to here them involve anything close to fire with this. The Bible tells us after the sea becomes as the blood of a dead man. 1/3 of the earth will be scorched. Take it for what it is worth.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver
Looking at that map, I can't help but wonder why is Mexico so silent on this? It will do as much damage to their coast as it does to the US.

Actually it won't... Because of the gulf stream and weather patterns...

Unless there is a freak hurricane of course...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

I'm sorry Magica.

This is the problem with too much speculation. It affects my wife the same way. She grew up along this coast and hearing all the different topics out there along with the talk of Gaza and 2012 and NK, she has a hard time thinking about our little boys growing up in this world.

Please read the rest of the thread. No armed men are going to come evacuate you, you have my word! You also have my word that if they try, I will be ready to defend you.

The situation is sad, but there is still hope. Keep up the positive thoughts and remember to ignore 80% of everything you hear or read. Research and qualify all the opinions that you come across, and hope for the best, while you prepare for the worst. That is all that any of us can do!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm guessing if they started Martial Law in the Gulf region they would eventually just declare it for the whole country then,.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I'm guessing if they started Martial Law in the Gulf region they would eventually just declare it for the whole country then,.
reply to post by America?

Damn straight. they wuold have to do it that way to keep everyone in line.
If Martial law is declared all bets are off. The green light for anything goes will be on.

Magica,
It is hard to know what to do. I don't think there are any fearmongers on this thread though. That's a no brainer darlin.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hey! I found Professor Joye!

Here is a link to her blog, it is very informative. She is actually pretty upbeat about the situation so far. She says conditions are ideal for microbial degradation of the oil plumes.

gulfblog.uga.edu...

Still reading and looking for air quality measurments, but I do like her blog. It seems she is onsite, so maybe her air measurements that you quoted were at the Deep Horizon site?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

I'm sorry that our attempt in trying to keep this community informed has frightened you. It was not meant as a gloom and doom thread. With the small amount of information being released, we at ATS often try to get together to discuss ALL possible and plausible scenarios. There are dangers for those who live along the coast. This thread is meant to discover what those dangers are and how to prepare for them. Part of denying ignorance is accomplished when we view these possibilites and determine their validty. Once again, my appologies.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by ohioriver
Looking at that map, I can't help but wonder why is Mexico so silent on this? It will do as much damage to their coast as it does to the US.

Actually it won't... Because of the gulf stream and weather patterns...

Unless there is a freak hurricane of course...

It won't take a 'freak hurricane' a normal one will do. Look at the hurricane maps for 2005 and 2008. Our conditions are currenlty favorable for a season similar to those.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I have posted all of my links. Have you read them? You posted one link, I read it, it was a blog and some odd organization.

The reason I discredited your link is because you fraudulently labeled it as an "EPA Source" when it actually was not.

As for JOYE. I searched UGA for a professor by that name and I found a law professor, but nothing else. Please share your link for that one with us.

If you have real data, or real professors, or real sources, I would be happy to discuss them. I have reviewed everything you have written (except the video, I can't pull up a video from here). I haven't found anything credible yet, except for your cursory knowledge of the subject. You do seem to understand the science, but you also seem to believe everything you read on the internet. (Except me for some reason?)

Your responses are full of EGO and you seem to suffer a psychosis that might lead you into a conflict. I am not interested in engaging in any kind of EGO TRIP with you. You complain that one should not believe everything on the internet, but then are you not also just some one on the internet yourself ? Should I ignore you as well then ? My motto is "One should be for others as one would want others to be towards one self".

My blogs are for those who are interested in knowing the TRUTH.

As regard to Professor SAMANTHA JOYE of GEORGIA UNIVERSITY you will find her web pages at the links below.

> SAMANTHA JOYE of the University of Georgia <
[url=http://gulfblog.uga.edu/]> SAMANTHA JOYE of the University of Georgia

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Several folks have asked what we are measuring out here. My group is measuring concentrations of dissolved methane, higher alkanes (like ethane and propane), inorganic carbon, and oxygen; inorganic and nutrients; oil and colored dissolved organic matter; dissolved organic carbon; hydrogen sulfide; and major salts. We measure rates of oxygen consumption and methane oxidation.

Professor Joye is measuring dissolved Methane as one of her tests! There are also plenty of pictures and she is not wearing a breathing apparatus. Another scientist and expert that is not worried about air quality I guess?

More Methane Concern, emphasis mine:

Finally someone asked whether there is a “methane cloud” emanating from the wellhead. The plumes we’ve found are enriched in methane as well as higher alkanes. The dissolved methane concentrations are higher than we’ve ever seen at comparable depths on previous Gulf of Mexico cruises. Some of the methane is almost certainly venting to the atmosphere but those fluxes have not been quantified yet to my knowledge. Scientists on board the R/V Cape Hatteras will be quantifying atmospheric methane fluxes about two weeks from now. One of our major goals for this cruise is to map the methane concentration fields around the wellhead. We’ve made good progress towards achieving that goal so far.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join