It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilgrims besiege church to see 'blood' run from image of Christ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Thousands of pilgrims have overwhelmed a small church in Argentina after blood was said to be oozing down the face of an image of Jesus Christ.

Daily Mail

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Ahhh yes, the old bleeding statue.

Maybe someone from the Vatican will show up with a Holy Band Aid.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
could be rainwater, seeping into the statue, those things are plated with gold leaf (sometimes) and underneath is a cheaper metal.

I think water has been building up in a crack somewhere, and rusted away some steel/iron, and it has leaked the red rust water from its head.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

'If this is something wrought by God, it will have continuity, and if it is of men, it will disappear,' Father Gandur said.
'As a priest, at no time have I wished to create false expectations,' he said.

This actually took me by surprise. To see the church not simply claiming it's a divine sign and milking everyone for donations. Perhaps the priest is truly a man of God. A rare thing today.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

This actually took me by surprise. To see the church not simply claiming it's a divine sign and milking everyone for donations. Perhaps the priest is truly a man of God. A rare thing today.

I hope he's being 100%.

Interesting days we live in.

EDIT: Add pic from article...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d1911b5e9e5.jpg[/atsimg]

peace

[edit on 15-6-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

That is because none of the claim of bleeding status and virgins are real and only visions of hope and miracles for those that believe in them.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Gday all,

I call Hoax, all these bleeding statues and paintings get caught out in the end.

Blessed Be:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The authenticity could easily be tested via testing.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kernoonos
Gday all,

I call Hoax, all these bleeding statues and paintings get caught out in the end.

Blessed Be:

they do?

do you have any information about any other incidents of this same type that were later proven to be something else, whether just a mis-interpretation of the situation or a straight-up hoax?

i'm not challenging you personally, it's just that i've wondered about this kind of thing for a long time and so far i don't think i've ever ran across any authenticated de-bunking of such things. i may do another search this evening, myself, and i'll share anything i might find.

but in the meantime, if you know were there is that sort of information, i would be very interested to read it!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Extreme Pilgrim

from the article:

The pair reported the substance to Father Gandur, who took samples of the substance to be scientifically tested to see if it was human blood.

we'll have to wait a day or two for the result, i guess.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Somebody is messing around with the naive superstitious (church) folks again.

FACT: Theres no way blood or any liquid will flow from ANY statue without the work of a hoaxer or prankster.

A prank like this is endless fun, many times over and over since it involves messing with with poor naive superstitious (church) folks. They are being fooled like USUAL! Apparently, its nothing new though.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Shine71]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Local priest Father Jorge Gandur said the 'ooze comes from one of the wounds on the left side of the forehead of Christ produced by the crown of thorns'.

Read more: Daily Mail

OK, first of all, this is a pic of The Last Supper. Jesus hadn't been forced to wear the crown of thorns at that point. Why does he have wounds from the crown of thorns at the last supper?

Either the artist who made the image was an idiot or the priest needs to go back and read his Bible again to get his facts strait.

Maybe both.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

i just noticed the name of the town:
Yerba Buena
which means "Good Herb"
(or "good grass" according to babel fish!)

hee hee!

Jesus says: "LEGALIZE it!"

[edit on 6/15/2010 by queenannie38]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

i just noticed the name of the town:
Yerba Buena
which means "Good Herb"
(or "good grass" according to babel fish!)

hee hee!

Jesus says: "LEGALIZE it!"

Funny observation but, not quite factually accurate.

Yerba buena

Yerba buena (Clinopodium douglasii) is a rambling aromatic herb of western and northwestern North America, ranging from maritime Alaska southwards to Baja California Sur. The plant takes the form of a sprawling, mat-forming perennial, and is especially abundant close to the coast.

Name
The plant's most common name, the same in English and Spanish, is an alternate form of the Spanish hierba buena (meaning "good herb"). The name was bestowed by pioneer Catholic priests of Alta California as they settled an area where the plant is native. It was so abundant there that its name was also applied to the settler's town adjacent to Mission San Francisco de Asís. In 1846, the town of Yerba Buena was seized by the United States during the Mexican-American War, and its name was changed in 1847 to San Francisco, after a nearby mission.

Wickipedia

It's interesting, San Francisco was originally named Yerba Buena too.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

well, it's a regional thing.
and where i live, yerba buena is a name used for the mint plant.
as well as one other plant that shall remain un-named.

i live in New Mexico

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

It's very likely to be called a hoax, if it even got far enough for an official from the vatical to investigate, there are a few that have ever been announced as a true miracle, this is out of thousands over the years.

They seem to do a good job at debunking hoaxers. despite other things..

[edit on 16-6-2010 by MR BOB]

new topics

top topics

join