It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celente: US Financial Markets to Collapse by the end of 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Celente: US Financial Markets to Collapse by the end of 2010

www.bullsource.com

Celente predicts the Crash of 2010 will occur within seven months with a currency crises, possibly the collapse of the euro or skyrocketing gold prices, as the trigger. “You don’t put more debt on top of old debt to revive an economy,” he says. Celente believes the collapse is starting now, as the stimulus money is running out and gold is reaching new highs. He warns against investing in long-term stocks, pointing out the inaccuracies of mainstream financial show hosts.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Celente predicts more talk of war will be coming to divert the public’s attention as social unrest over the economy builds. “When all else fails, they lead you to war,” he says. If Iran gets attacked, Celente believes it will be a false flag. He forecasts a coming terrorist strike, leading to bank closures.

On solutions to the depression, Celente says we need an alternative energy and a productive capacity where products are invented, designed, and manufactured in the US, like during the Internet Revolution of the 1990s. “We cannot survive by becoming a service sector society and consuming more than we produce,” he says. Celente suggests getting in shape, supporting local farmers markets, growing your own food, engaging at the local level to direct your community, teaching children to be honest and do business cleanly, and doing business with each other.

Another wonderful analysis by Celente. He really hits the nail on the head by saying:

“When all else fails, they lead you to war”

Deception and distraction - that's what will happen when the whole thing comes tumbling down. It would not surprise me if they would reintroduce conscription and send us to the battlefields of the Middle East in order to reduce the risk of an uprise in the aftermath of the financial collapse.

and:

“We cannot survive by becoming a service sector society and consuming more than we produce”

Uncontrolled capitalism has lead to an unsaturated greed for materialism. As a result, we've created money out of thin air to cover the costs of our infinite spending that allowed us to wage wars and live the wealthy lives we now do. But the sad reality is that we have lived beyond our means way too long. At a certain point you'll have to pay the price for that - and that moment doesn't seem far away.

The Youtube interview can be watched at the source.

www.bullsource.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I think Celente said this in the past too. A lot of his forecast are fairly spot on, which is a reason I respect what he has to say. But good on you for posting it. I hope more people see this, if for anything to prepare for what might be a rocky road.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I hope somebody points out how many times this guy has been wrong with past predictions.

Most are common sense, and many are strictly ego driven lunacy.

Sometimes even a blind squirrel gets a nut.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by brocket99

I agree with you. I think he is a blow hard who is expert at using banal generalities which can always be explained through some new brewing crisis which invalidated his previous prediction as well as creates the basis for a new one.

"the markets will melt down" What does that mean? How down and for how long? All sectors or specific sectors?

If the markets go up another 500 points in the next 6 months, he will find some nefarious reason why that happened and why that dooms us for the future. "the artificial level of the DOW creates a level of uncertainty that will likely cause global currencys to implode and yada yada yada"

I just don't understand why folks give these kinds of soothsayers any credibility at all.

If you had real access to his investment portfolio I would bet that he has not shorted the market. If he shorted the market the market every time he said it was going to implode over the past few years he'd be homeless because he'd have lost all his money.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
5-25-10

Bob Chapman
First 6 months of 2010, Americans will continue to live in the 'unreality'the period between July and October is when the financial fireworks will begin. The Fed will act unilaterally for its own survival irrespective of any political implications (source is from insider at FED meetings). In the last quarter of the year we could even see Martial law, which is more likely for the first 6 months of 2011. The FDIC will collapse in September 2010. Commercial real estate is set to implode in 2010. Wall Streetbelieves there is a 100% chance of crash in bond market, especially municipals sometime during 2010. The dollar will be devalued by the end of 2010.

Gerald Celente
Terrorist attacks and the "Crash of 2010". 40% devaluation at first = the greatest depression, worse than the Great Depression.

George Ure
Markets up until mid-to-late-summer. Then "all hell breaks lose" from then on through the rest of the year.

Igor Panarin
In the summer of 1998, based on classified data about the state of the U.S. economy and society supplied to him by fellow FAPSI analysts, Panarin forecast the probable disintegration of the USA into six parts in 2010 (at the end of June ­ start of July 2010, as he specified on 10 December 2000

Neithercorps
Have projected that the third and final stage of the economic collapse will begin sometime in 2010. Barring some kind of financial miracle, or the complete dissolution of the Federal Reserve, a snowballing implosion should become visible by the end of this year. The behavior of the Fed, along with that of the IMF seems to suggest that they are preparing for a focused collapse, peaking within weeks or months instead of years, and the most certain fall of the dollar.

Webbots
July and onward things get very strange. Revolution. Dollar dead by November 2010.

George Ure
Markets up until mid-to-late-summer. Then "all hell breaks lose" from then on through the rest of the year.

LEAP 20/20
2010 Outlook from a group of 25 European Economists with a 90% accuracy rating- We anticipate a sudden intensification of the crisis in the second half of 2010, caused by a double effect of a catching up of events which were temporarily &laqno; frozen » in the second half of 2009 and the impossibility of maintaining the palliative remedies of past years. There is a perfect (economic) storm coming within the global financial markets and inevitable pressure on interest rates in the U.S. The injection of zero-cost money into the Western banking system has failed to restart the economy. Despite zero-cost money, the system has stalled. It is slowly rolling over into the next big down wave, which in Elliott Wave terminology will be Super Cycle Wave Three, or in common language, "THE BIG ONE, WHERE WE ALL GO OVER THE FALLS TOGETHER."

Joseph Meyer
Forecasts on the economy. He sees the real estate market continuing to decline, and advised people to invest in precious metals and commodities, as well as keeping cash at home in a safe place in case of bank closures. The stock market, after peaking in March or April (around 10,850), will fall all the way down to somewhere between 2450 and 4125 during the next leg down.

Harry Dent (investor)
A very likely second crash by late 2010. The coming depression (starts around the summer of 2010). Dent sees the stock market­currently benefiting from upward momentum and peppier economic activity­headed for a very brief and pleasant run that could lift the Dow to the 10,700-11,500 range from its current level of about 10.090. But then, he sees the market running into a stone wall, which will be followed by a nasty stock market decline (starting in early March to late April) that could drive down the Dow later this year to 3,000-5,000, with his best guess about 3,800.

Richard Russell (Market Expert)
(from 2/3/10) says the bear market rally is in the process of breaking up and panic is on the way. He sees a full correction of the entire rise from the 2002 low of 7,286 to the bull market high of 14,164.53 set on October 9, 2007. The halfway level of retracement was 10,725. The total retracement was to 6,547.05 on March 9, 2009. He now sees the Dow falling to 7,286 and if that level does not hold, "I see it sinking to its 1980-82 area low of Dow 1,000." The current action is the worst he has ever seen. (Bob Chapman says for Russell to make such a startling statement is unusual because he never cries wolf and is almost never wrong)

Niño Becerra (Professor of Economics)
Predicted in July 2007 that what was going to happen was that by mid 2010 there is going to be a crisis only comparable to the one in 1929. From October 2009 to May 2010 people will begin to see things are not working out the way the government thought. In May of 2010, the crisis starts with all its force and continues and strengthens throughout 2011. He accurately predicted the current recession and market crash to the month.

Lyndon Larouche
The crisis is accelerating and will become worse week by week until the whole system grinds into a collapse, likely sometime this year. And when it does, it will be the greatest collapse since the fall of the Roman Empire.

WALL STREET JOURNAL- (2/2010)
"You are witnessing a fundamental breakdown of the American dream, a systemic breakdown of our democracy and our capitalism, a breakdown driven by the blind insatiable greed of Wall Street: Dysfunctional government, insane markets, economy on the brink. Multiply that many times over and see a world in total disarray. Ignore it now, tomorrow will be too late."

Eric deCarbonnel
There is no precedence for the panic and chaos that will occur in 2010. The global food supply/demand picture has NEVER been so out of balance. The 2010 food crisis will rearrange economic, financial, and political order of the world, and those who aren't prepared will suffer terrible lossesAs the dollar loses most of its value, America 's savings will be wiped out. The US service economy will disintegrate as consumer spending in real terms (ie: gold or other stable currencies) drops like a rock, bringing unemployment to levels exceeding the great depression. Public health services/programs will be cut back, as individuals will have no savings/credit/income to pay for medical care.

Full Article Here

Get ready!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
im waitin for the detractors to back them selves up
show me a list.
as I have said before i look after other peoples assets
I don't look for work
it comes to me based on my work

the financial news letters that toe the MSN line
that 70 percent are OUT OF BUSINESS becaus their clients LOST
the 30 percent
that pay attn to Chapman Celente aj et al are still in business because the clients can still afford to pay them.
simple.

if you actualy pay attention to what these people say and use some
.......due dilligence...........

well the rest goes without saying

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

True. I don't live and breathe by every prediction they put out as some of them have strayed or never happened. The only thing that strikes a nerve in me is the fact that all them people combined have spelled out a gruesome scenario, all essentially running on a similar timeline. All I can say is 'prepare for the worst, and hope for the best!'

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

You're suggesting that the 30% of the folks who did not lose all their cash were listening to him when they exited the market. 30% of folks are out of the market at any given time.

If you stayed out of the market over the past 24 months you were a fool.

Regardless of the global situation, you are still going to be able to make money in the markets. The blow-up in Europe will create significant investment opportunities. The Gulf oil disaster will create investment opportunities, rising interest rates will create other opportunities. There are also real estate opportunities.

It depends on what your time horizon is. If it is 7 years or more, you are going to make money in the market.

Keep flexible, buy fixed income as a hedge against the volitility of the equity markets, invest for tax efficiency and you'll do just fine.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If they try reinstating the draft because of WWIII, there's only one thing to tell them.
"HELL NO WE WON'T GO!!!"

top topics

join