It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the lack of UFO threads indicate something?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Reports of Aliens took off after the USA exploded the first nuclear bombs.

Now just suppose the Aliens knew of some great impending doom, like 2012, facing the Earth in the future. First they visit and "abduct", ie rescue the lcuky few from the approaching catastrophe.

Even so, do they really want to die with the rest of us? Of course not, so, taking a wide safety margin, just in case of mechanical breakdowns, they choose not to be wreckless and come here any more. Result? Less sightings and less thread on ATS as the end might be very much more nigh than we think.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
*Good* UFO sightings usually come in spurts with some down time between the sightings. These are the good sightings though...aka Stephenville UFO wave and Phoenix lights etc...to name a couple of the more recent ones in the last decade or so.

We'll have another good sighting before long though - We are due one.

Go check the MUFON website in the meantime - They have reported UFO sightings almost every day, all over the USA.

www.mufon.com...

[edit on 15-6-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This is just my humble opinion, but I think some folks have just been to intimidated by the non believers or debunkers on ATS which wont sit still for a mere posting of a little orb or distant light. The big cry of where is your proof when all a person may have is a simple cell phone at the time. I mean face it, I don't think most people leave their houses through the day thinking they are going to see a ufo so they better bring plenty of gear to be prepared. Not to mention how fast it can happen at times. Most people seem so dumbstruck they are even seeing anything, much less stop to think of trying to film it.

I don't think the ufos have quit showing up. I actually think they are showing themselves even more so now. There are still lots of postings everyday all over the net. I just think with the big debate about this around here lately, you might not see so much here for awhile.
That's my two cents anyway...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Non-believers and debunkers should never deter anyone from posting a new never before seen UFO case.

I really dont think anyone would be intimidated by posting something *new* that hasnt been discussed here before. I find it hard to believe that anyone would be gun-shy about posting new content on a subject in which people crave new content.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Everyone is too distracted with oil spills and martial law and new world orders and economic collapse to pay attention to something that is comparatively less important. That includes the hoaxsters. Who can afford helium these days?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse
This is just my humble opinion, but I think some folks have just been to intimidated by the non believers or debunkers on ATS which wont sit still for a mere posting of a little orb or distant light.

I am in total agreement
with that statement.
Most folks post here for answers
and get the blood sucked
out their veins before they leave.
Vampires, I tell ya !!!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

After seeing the way posters of UFO sightings are treated here I am not surprised if there are fewer threads. If I were fortunate enough to record something I felt was a legit UFO, ATS would be the very last place I would post it. I suspect lots of others feel the same way.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I've posted about a couple of UFO sightings a few times and not been attacked for it. Maybe it's the way the member makes the claim? I dunno?

Summer break is coming up for schools and colleges so this section will be heaving with UFO sightings, YT videos and crop circles. On a similar subject, UFO researcher Kevin Randle has an article on his blog that talks about why the great 'close encounter' cases don't happen much anymore...Demise of Ufology.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
I've posted about a couple of UFO sightings a few times and not been attacked for it. Maybe it's the way the member makes the claim? I dunno?

Same here mate. One of my first threads at ATS was about an up close experience I had with 3 UFO's back in the 90's. I wasn't flamed once, and that's simply because I didn't profess to know what they were and I didn't speak a whole heap of gobbledygook about galactic federations, 2012, alien agendas, channeling and the like. I left it open as a mystery.

IRM

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
People finally know what a bloody Chinese lantern looks like and thanks to Phage we can all recognise Venus and the ISS . We have learnt that bad cgi don't make a good UFO. We know that rockets go wrong and produce pretty spirals in the sky. We worked out that if it has flashing lights especially red and green its a good bet that its just a plane. So there you go education is why there are less ufo sightings and subsequent threads We Have Seen It All Before.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Kevin Randle is known to bend the truth to fit his needs. Ive never really taken what he says seriously.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

This is just my humble opinion, but I think some folks have just been to intimidated by the non believers or debunkers on ATS which wont sit still for a mere posting of a little orb or distant light.

Good post yigsstarhouse, hope you don't mind me using your post to base my comment on.

I don't think it’s the fact that it's the 'little orbs' or the 'distant lights' it’s the claims that go with them.

If we do not scrutinise what people have seen, how can we get any closer to what they have actually witnessed? Do we halt any rational logical discussion, because every sighting of a 'little orb' or a 'distant light' is obviously a UFO?

Should we just accept everything that is posted? Or should we give people an answer, i.e. Chinese lanterns' etc. Which would give them some kind of closure?

The problem is that the believers 'want to believe' so badly they will not except a rational explanation.

Yes UFO's exist, but the truth of the matter is, nobody knows what they are.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

Ask yourself this why are more posts appearing on the net ..........
Mobile phones and why are the videos and pictures bad.......
there on mobile phones!

Mobile phones have tiny sensors so have many problems because of that even with their 8,10,12 mega pixels you will still get a better picture from a DSLR with only a few mega pixels due to bigger sensors and better optics.

Just keep your phone camera for taking pictures of aunt Betty's cat, the kids birthday party etc thats all they are fit for snapshots.

Just because you see a light in the distance doesn't make it an alien ufo

I have asked this before for all the videos we see on youetube of lights in the distance over cities ,towns etc that are supposed to be UFO's WHY do we never see the same lights from below, is it because the people in that area can see what they really are ie not UFO's.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I have learnt my lessons not to post new information on this site anymore. There are too many people on here just waiting to attack you any way they can think of. Its a shame that ATS no longer promotes free speech and sharing of information.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten

I have learnt my lessons not to post new information on this site anymore. There are too many people on here just waiting to attack you any way they can think of. Its a shame that ATS no longer promotes free speech and sharing of information.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by rajaten]

If YOU were really confident about what you post, you would do it or is it because when someone posts counter information that puts doubt on what you post YOU cant handle it!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

You bring up a good point. I wonder how much of the recent upheaval has been artificialy created in order to keep our eyes on the suits, rather than our eyes on the skies? I know my interest in politics has not changed, but mine started at a high anyway, but perhaps others may have changed thier perspective... Could all the recent madness be an attempt by the governments of the world to keep us looking at the mundane?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
There's currently a UFO wave in Italy at the moment. If you have your bags packed and wanting to travel. Other than that its a case of watching and waiting for the next outbreak or reports. As mentioned before some years are hot in activity while others are low.

top topics

join