It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thankyou ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Thankyou ATS

I know that this may not be the best place to post this but i want all the mods and the members to see it.

I just got to say i arrived here on April 21, 2010, i was a total beginner, had very poor social skills and i found it hard to comunicate with people.

But due to the mods (Mainly Greeneyedleo) i was able to learn how to post threads correctly and how to interact with the members. One member by the name of anon72 who i met on my first day here explained that this was a very different forum to most other sites. And i learned this the hard way by getting some abuse/warning and general grief in my first ever thread. I made Enemies and friends.

But due to the helpful nature of the Members here and the staff i was able to learn how to react/interact and respond to people here on ATS and guess what that saved my life.

I suddenly didnt annoy people in rl anymore, the people at ATS taught me valuable life lessons which i never got growing up and i now understood how to behave.

I am 19 and Thanks to ATS you saved my Social life, to you this may not seem like much but untill i found this site i sat at home all day, now i have a real social life and a steady Girlfriend.

Thanks a Bunch Guys and Gals.

Kind Regards True-Seer

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
All that and more...

ATS has left my breath minty fresh for over six years now...

You were just joking about the girlfriend right?

Internets Monkeys, not just for Mom's basement anymore...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Well one things for sure this place feels like my second home, a place i can go to explore my Mind.

And nope i wasnt joking about the girlfriend thing, i've had them but never really knew how to behave like a man, i needed to grow up i suppose. Atleast i am a man now and a contributer to rl.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I am 19 and Thanks to ATS you saved my Social life, to you this may not seem like much but untill i found this site i sat at home all day, now i have a real social life and a steady Girlfriend.

You did right to capitalize "Girlfriend".
I like your post -- it's honest and direct.

See you on the boards

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I agree forums like ATS will help your social communication skills, it's helped for me. I went from not being able to start people up in conversation to being more conversant since I could read what other people talked about, and I discovered I wasn't as odd as I once I thought I was.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Oh ofcourse i did and she is the most lovely person i have ever met, funny enough she saw me using this site at a friends house and well she said wow i thought i was the only one who believed in this stuff. It went from thier lol.

See you on the boards

Kind Regards
True-Seer

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well you seem like a nice person,
so you must be a fast learner.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Great post. Glad things are going well for you.
Cheers.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

You discovered you wernt as odd as you thought you were, well all i can say is i understand how that feels

Kind Regards
True-seer

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Oh i have always been a fast learner in everything i do, I have a natural talent if i dont know how something works i will sit thier and figure it out on my own.

I once spent 8 hours fixing a power drill lol

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Sometimes it's just a matter of finding the right level on the Mothership.

I shall now celebrate on your behalf in the customary manner.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

OMG!

*I'm sorry, I've nothing else to say, just that*

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Erm i dont know what to say, Still trying to figure out how a group of dancing Germans can be used as a celebration lol.

Rofl lovely video thanks.

Kind Regards
True-seer

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Why are you posting the top secret video of some of our male staff?!?! Me thinks your in trouble now!!!!

And thanks True Seer for the kind words
Its always nice to see a positive thread about ATS and staff

[edit on June 14th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Hey I gotta agree. This place has helped me structure my thoughts a lot better than I have been able to before and lately I have been engaging in conversations with a lot of people I typically wouldnt have. Its kinda crazy what kind of an impact this place has made on me in the past few weeks since I joined up.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

lol if thats a top secret video of the male staff, were is the female version i would very much like to see that

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RaymaNcouldbe

Yep i know this site is just wondeful i felt out of place when i joined, kinda like omg i'm in way over my head, but now its like home, absolutely wonderful.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by True-seer

lol if thats a top secret video of the male staff, were is the female version i would very much like to see that

Shhhhhhh!!!! Dont talk about that!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

you shouldnt have said that now i'm really interested in seeing it.

Can you share it just with me please

Kind Regards
True-seer

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Yeah...you never know WHO might just happen to see posts like this....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join