It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing words on regular t.v broadcasting that would never be heard years ago.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This evening I was watching a movie with Clint Eastwood on the ion network and while words like bull*hit and a couple others were censored. I heard God *amn said a couple of times by different characters in the movie. It was not censored at all. Isn't this a violation ?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Depends on the network and time.

As the years go by, the regulations seem to get lighter.

I remember when I was a kid (early 90's) watching the Dick Van Dyke show and seeing they slept in 2 different beds.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
No. I don't believe so. You can file a complaint.
I too think some of the stuff on TV is just a little crazy thats why I only watch 1 or 2 hrs a week.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I can remember when Beave saying, "Golly" was damn near cussing.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
What's the issue with G__ D____? They are both words that appear over and over and over in the Christian bible and the Torah [don't know about the Koran].

There are words that are clearly profanity, however, those two particular words are not profane, they are simply offensive to certain religions and adherents of same.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

I don't think so if its a cable channel. You should familiarize yourself with language guidelines and ratings systems. Take for instance Comedy Central's Secret Stash, they regularly show uncensored shows, nudity even.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin
No. I don't believe so. You can file a complaint.
I too think some of the stuff on TV is just a little crazy thats why I only watch 1 or 2 hrs a week.

File a complaint?

That's ludicrous!

The FCC is a tyrant organization, continuing in it's quest to censor the public for no reason.

If you don't like or agree with what is playing, you should change the channel, that's why we have thousands of them.

There should be NO censoring on TV, exept IMO the nudity for daytime and such, as far as language goes, who cares?

They are just words. The words are meaningless, it's the context that should be looked at.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

join