It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS ate my hamster!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thats it....time to go!

After a few years lurking I decided to take the the plunge and join ATS, I could then add my comments or point out something worth debating.
As a 'member' you do get see a little more of how things work and I must admit, it isnt what I thought it would be guys.

Some members are so shallow and simply looking for an argument.

Some are happy to just tag onto endless lists of 'friends' and have very little input other than the most vacuous content.

Some topics or questions get almost no, or very little attention, while others that just scream " S H I T E " get pages of airheaded support.

I dont doubt coconut milk is a tasty beverage, but the finer points of fruits & shoots are not what I joined ATS to debate. When viewed alongside numerous " I had a dream & IM scared " spam, I dont think its worth keeping this up.

I doubt very much if I will reach the point count required to enter the 'serious subjects' forum, given that quite a few of the posts and replies lapse into another 'I told you so' thread. Nibiru Yes Vs No, moon landings, govt corruption all vary from serious to contentious subjects, but always entertaining. But lately a few threads have just gotten surreal and have gone some way to being the last straw for me at any rate.

If you think Im wrong, then Im obviously on the wrong forum and I'll move on !

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Tie No Bows!

How Odd?

If you've been a lurker, then you've seen all the topics and posts, and had already formed your opinion, and then decided to join, so what is the issue?

As a member, you have less adds, faster page loads, and U2U capability. You don't get any sillier topics or posts?

If you don't like the topics that are S H I T E as you put it, then why do you read them? Go to the topics that you find interesting. There are more than enough topics to go around, you are not forced into the craziest one, unless those are the ones that grab your attention the most.

If I see a headline "Loch Ness Monster found in Florida Swimming Pool" then I probably won't read it. If I see a headline that "Free Energy is proven from Coconut Milk and Tesla Magnets" I probably won't read it. But if I see a headline that Israel's PM states something at UN meeting, then I will read it.

In my experience, ATS is ALWAYS at least 1 week ahead of the MSM, in breaking news, and sometimes ATS is a month or more ahead of MSM with facts and figures. ATS is ALWAYS on point when debunking crazy claims, or vetting out sources of information. ATS is ALWAYS quick to move frauds, hoaxes, or Skunk works to where they belong, and the members on ATS are ALWAYS more than willing to tell a crazy person that they are a crazy person!

I hope you enjoy being a member, and I hope you don't spend your time complaining about your voluntary decision to become a member?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

As the above poster said.... why Join? if you'd already been reading for years, then you'd know what to expect.

ATS is 90% absolute crap and 10% worthwhile reading.... I think most people know that, but the 10% makes it worthwhile.

It's like UFO sightings..... almost all are absolute bollocks, but the one's that aren't, are worth reading up on and considering.

Your post just screams of "Whining" and is just pointless.

Read the topics that interest you and keep away from the crap, simple.

[edit on 14/6/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
...and another one wants to go out with a

*BANG*

[edit on 14-6-2010 by AccessDenied]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Alright - take your hamster by the paw and keep on movin - your choice!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I am soooooo disappointed.

I was looking to read the gory details about the unfortunate hamster. I had visions of SO and Simon with bibs on, with a little hamster on it, and cutlery in their hands.

I cry fraud! I feel cheated! This is not the ATS I know and love!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Yeah blah blah blah, who ate your hamster? What did it taste like?

new topics

top topics

join