It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I create cool avatars?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I didn't want to download any of that stuff so I guess there is no alternatives.

I did design a new Avatar though, 100% my own work other than the red flag.

What do you think of my new avatar?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I like it Misoir. What does it represent?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bonsaisert
reply to post by Misoir

I like it Misoir. What does it represent?

I just did a quick mental reflection on all the Avatars on ATS and I said, "How can I make mine different". So I jsut decided to mixed colors in the back and put stuff I like on it. In really liked the part with the UFO with the beam over the ATS symbol, like it's being abducted.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Misoir.....

I think the best idea is to get one really good avatar & never change it.

I can't believe the way people just change their avatars all the time around here.

I mean.....really.......

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Mine is a simple GIMP crop and scale job.

I put a tutorial for making a basic avatar in the Member's Art forum, there's a link in my signature (hot sexy avatars!)

TheAssoc.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I use paint myself - I just procure a picture I like that will fit nicely in a 160x320 and then crop it. Not as technical as some, but just as cool.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8a6bd82c0da1.jpg[/atsimg] [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c402f3d29ed.jpg[/atsimg] [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a5faac8a76b7.jpg[/atsimg] [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b376ae7be9a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
OP if you want to design one yourself then you should get acquainted with a program like Photoshop or GIMP. Its very easy to find tutorials online for all levels. Once you actually develop some skills and learn how to use the tools you can pretty much design anything you imagine. Again though, there are literally millions of tutorials available online for all levels, good luck.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I use Photoshop (various versions) and have been for well over 10 years

I have a thread in BTS Member Art somewhere

[edit on June 13th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I use Photoshop (various versions) and have been for well over 10 years

Yup that's how GEL made MY avatar that I currently have, Did a fine job as well.

Misoir, as picky as you are, I would still consider getting help from an Avatar Veteran, which you can locate easily in BTS.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Can anyone explain how I can get a moving background? Im completely clueless here

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Is there anyone who can help me create and post a avatar? I have one in my photos and I am following the Tutorial but somewhere I am getting stuck on the blank back ground upload. Where do you get the blank back ground to up load on your computer so you can select it from your hard drive?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
As you can see my avatar needs help, this is the first time I have seen my avatar showing up on the very last post I posted here.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I used GIMP in the creation of my avatar. Worked pretty good, albeit it's not Photoshop.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Just using this thread as a test to see if avatar change went up.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I used to have the same one for years, but just this last week I updated it. A fellow ATS member helped by adding the twinkle and glow. I'm very pleased with it now! Avatars are so fun, and they help you find where you were as well when you return to a thread. Good luck with yours!

xxxx
Prax

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Praxilla]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Where do I find a clear avatar image?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Just using as a test.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowRamesses

I have two different sizes (clear gif) images stored in my media portal account.
*160x400
*160x360
If you need one, let me know.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by Misoir

Misoir.....

I think the best idea is to get one really good avatar & never change it.

I can't believe the way people just change their avatars all the time around here.

I mean.....really.......

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Uh huh. Wise words.

Lol

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I use Paint.net to make my avatars, as you can see it has not went well so far. Still figuring out how to resize a pic without it going all strange looking...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join