It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people experienced something unusually personally significant this week?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It's sort of an odd question, so let me try to explain a little. For over a year now I've been "working on myself" you might say, basically delving into my own mind and finding the forces at work that compel me to do the things I hate about myself, my laziness, my drinking, my occasional outbursts of rage at hurt pride, etc. But this past week I've had some major breakthroughs, what I might consider some of the most significant events in my entire life. Basically realizing a "way out", a path to change, something that will change my direction from my previous more or less aimless searching. Last night I went to bed with a sense of accomplishment after making a particularly painful yet enlightening discovery within myself.

But enough about me. This morning I logged onto Facebook, and no less than three people on my list have made postings about amazing insights or events in their life.

One person seems to have "discovered" that he's God and has been rapidly posting things in the vein of "I love all of you", "If I see you today, magical things will happen", calling people his "children", etc.

Another is a late-50s schizophrenic I know who has had a pretty stable life for a while on meds, suddenly break out with a realization that he cares not at all about this life or anyone in it, and about how the "dam is about to burst", and stuff like that, in a rapid-fire series of posts.

Another is someone my age (late 20s) who posted a huge rant essentially on the subject of how this past week has been amazingly significant for him, and detailing what's been going on in his life and basically opening up in a way that I've never seen him do as long as I've known him.

I'm trying to figure out if this is all coincidence. Have recent times been unusually personally significant for you too? I'm not asking you for details if you prefer not to give any; I really just want to know how many other people have considered the past week or so to be of unusual significance.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

The only thing significant that has happened to me all week is that I booked a plane ticket and I am terrified of flying.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This was a tremendous week for me...attended a very important audition...lifelong goal just to get an audition like this. Three generation of experience culminating in to one person achieving a much higher level. Creativity, discipline and motivation at all time high...feel more alive than I have ever felt in my life.

I know what you mean...with the world seemingly feeling like it is coming to an ...end? change? shift?...feels very significant to have my life changing right now too.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Astrologically speaking, Jupiter and Uranus were in conjunction right at the beginning of Aries on June 8th - traditionally a Jupiter/Uranus conjunction, which only happens once every 14 years, donates the expansion of intuition. It could be that this conjunction was activating parts of the natal charts of the people you are speaking about. That's if you believe in astrology of course ...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
My car screwed up, got cut back to 2 days a week at work,but on the plus side i did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. JK Got a good report on a steak I cooked that's about it.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

i just got suitably re-employed on Wednesday, after not-working/no-income for two months...and I am rather happier now, yes-yes.

Of course, people who don't think anything happened this last week are going to be less likely to answer - right ? - so your sample is going to be skewed somewhat by that effect...

[edit on 12-6-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
nothing great here just feels like im losing my mind by each passing day

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

A few significant things have happened to me recently. In May of this year, I was diagnosed with cancer. The cancer has since been removed, and the oncologist declared me cancer-free. No chemo or anything. With the kind of cancer I had, I worry that it will come back, though. It's funny how how after such a diagnosis you start noticing the "little things" in life. A few of the little things I've noticed recently are how much little I had to devote to me. So many years were spent raising my family, working and ignoring myself. This almost killed me, being as I'm not the kind of person who goes running to the doctor for everything. The cancer was found in a routine scan I should have had years ago, but put off. Fortunately it was caught very early, so I've got a 95% chance of long-term survival. It made me realize just how much I'd put on the back burner; things I'd always wanted to do or go see but put off until I had the money. or when I had the time. I've got the time now, so I might as well make it count.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel

i just got suitably re-employed on Wednesday, after not-working/no-income for two months...and I am rather happier now, yes-yes.

Of course, people who don't think anything happened this last week are going to be less likely to answer - right ? - so your sample is going to be skewed somewhat by that effect...

[edit on 12-6-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

Congrats on your new job! I know the feeling - my business went under last summer due to the economy and have been looking for something else ever since. Whenever I hear about someone else finding work after this long dry spell, it gives me hope.

Best wishes & enjoy your "re-employment"

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I had an intensive mental health assessment on Wednesday where I was 'diagnosed' as having symptoms of obsessive compulsive disorder and depression. So that was definitely significant for me!
I had finally decided to get some help at the end of April because I had enough and it was severely interfering with my life. Long story short I have been fast tracked to receive some cognitive behaviour therapy, so lets see how it goes! Other than that my little xbox repair business just starting making profit (trust me it isn't as grandiose as it sounds).

To add good luck Mariposa5512 hope you make a swift recovery with continual health for many years to come!!

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

The only thing significant that has happened to me all week is that I booked a plane ticket and I am terrified of flying.

I really feel for you, I detest flying and probably will never do it again . Maybe you will experience something as you fly, like realising how strong you are to face your fear head on?

In answer to the op - Im still waiting.....................

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I had an awaking experience, involving past life regression and a UFO sighting in the past week. I too would say BS to this. BUt the fact is yes i'm telling the truth. I have recently consulted a therapists. I was afraid i was seeing things due to the constant research i am doing on a thesis paper. I am very strong willed and have served in the Army as 11B. i have seen the aftermath of our current conflicts. I have had nightmares for years as do many of my fellow brothers, but the past few nights have been different and left a lasting mark. fearing sleep can not be healthy which is why i have sought professional help. The ufo was not seen while dreaming But i would rather not elaborate on the sighting even though the two are connected. I would like to think i have a scientific mind and want to truth no matter if my hypothesis is correct or not.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I noticed that when people make threads on websites that contain thousands of members, asking a specific question, most people who reply will (having an interest in it because they can talk about their selves and feel as an important part of a community) say that yes, they experienced this. This is of significant interest to me, personally.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
My partner and I both had "epiphany moments" this week. Some of what I realized made me literally smack my forehead lol.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Just a few random comments

OP nice job looking into yourself and taking care of the "Know Thyself" goal!

and
Jupiter conjuct Uranus!! Dang!!! We should all be gambling - that's a huge transit and can make SIGNIFICANT changes, usually positive but also things like life-changing car accidents and surgeries, etc could be associated with that.

and third...

big thing? I graduated with my Master's Degree!!! Woot!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Yeah, the loomming in the air of a war and not just iran and isreal, but north and south korea around the same year. JULY 4TH 2010 TIMELINE. AND ANOTHER STOCK CRASH, BECAUSE OF IT. This is how i feel and it is getting stronger by the days pass. I hope it's wrong. The air is getting thicker and thicker it seems.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
After months of personal and spiritual growth I finally broke down big time for some reason. I dont know why exactly I have my suspicions.

Since the end of may til now I have been re-living all kinds of old habits and dark thoughts, painfull memories, unbalanced emotions ect ect. It al cumlated in a falling out towards my mother me calling her everything in the book after she said she thought about doing away our dog.

As I am writting this I feel a lot better after listening to some chakra opening meditation tones I came accros here on ATS. Feeling that what I am going through is something I have to because it shows very clearly what I have not been solving, but buffering.

Yup turbulent times. The new norm was me being peacefull and centered more and more. Now I feel a form of quik sand again. That is live an adventure ups and downs all part of the whole and nothing without reason.

In reaction to the OP.
I always thought I was lazy. This is not the case. When I disconnect from my direct surroundings in favor of a fantasy world or nowadays ATS ( closer to reality, but still very much the same ), I stop caring for it. My direct reality/surroundings. This manifests as a form of lazziness, but im not apathetic or egotistical in those respects. Their were times I was very involved with my own direct reality, when I was very much in the middle of it and I knew what it meant for me and at those times I would excell in things I would otherwise not look upon for a moment.

Just saying as I believe that such workings are in many cases the fundamentals of lazziness.

Kind regards.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I think I have had a few things happen in the last couple weeks actually. I posted a thread about how I saw what I thought was Venus just slide across the sky then poof disappear. I was informed it may have been Jupiter. I don't know about that stuff, I just know I have been watching this same planet, star, for months, in the same place, and seeing it all the sudden slide was rather startling.

Now the second thing is a bit odd too. I drive a cab, that's why I have been able to watch the above mentioned star, planet, as I park in the same place every morning.
Anyone that drives for a living knows mileage is very important. I am very aware of my mileage as I have a very tight boss and it cost me dearly to go over.
Long story short, I somehow went 6 miles when I only actually went about one and half miles to my knowledge. I know this because I had checked the speedomiter prior to job. So where I went I have no clue. Felt like a time warp or something.

The last thing probably has a simple reason, but was still odd. I had a mirror fall off the wall for no known reason that I can explain. Yes it's been there a long time so maybe just gave away, but was still strange.

So, those are my few things...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
hey freinds, i gota good one!

this week first time ever i had outa body experience. like i astral projected.
i tryed for three nights straight answer third night it happened. and it was awsomely intense. i shot up to heaven like realm and felt the presense of golden angles around me. changed my whole prespectiv on my spirtbody/ soul.

yes thing a definatly comeing to a head. its going to be a mass awakening! we can feel it right now
im off the astral plane homies- 0ne lov-peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join