It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Life On The Moon? Is NASA Hiding The Truth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Here are three examples of what possibly point to life on the Moon. Why have these findings been brushed under the carpet? The discovery of life even in microbial form has profound implications in the understanding our origins and life in the universe as a whole.

1. According to the Journal of Cosmology, in 1970 lunar soil samples were returned to Earth by the Luna 16 spacecraft in a hermetically sealed container and photographed. These photographs were later examined by Drs. Stanislav Zhmur, and Lyudmila M. Gerasimenko, scientists from the Russian Academy of Sciences who identified what they believed to be microfossils of Coccoidal bacteria which resembled Siderococcus or Sulfolobus.

Lunar mirofossils resembling Siderococcus.
Journal of Cosmology

A third fossilized impression from the lunar surface resembles a spiral filamentous micro-Ediacaran, a species which became extinct over 500,000 years ago. In 2009, Dr. Rhawn Joseph showed this photograph to five world-renowned experts in Cambrian and Pre-Cambrian fauna, and four of the 5 identified it as a microfossil.

Lunar mirofossil resembling a micro-Ediacaran.
Journal of Cosmology

3. In 1971, the TV camera of the Surveyor space craft was recovered by Apollo 12 astronauts, after being on the Moon for three years. A single bacterium (Streptococcus mitis) was found. It was also revealed that the lunar camera was covered with a film of "organic material of unknown origin".

The Counter Claims

It is not possible for Streptococcus mitis, which is a common bacterium from the human mouth, to have survived for two and a half years on the Moon inside the Surveyor 3 camera, to be detected when it was returned to Earth on board the Apollo 12. Streptococcus mitis lives in the mouth; there is no evidence that it can survive for long even in terrestrial environments outside the human body. Further, it cannot survive outside of a narrow temperature range and therefore it isn’t possible that it could survive on the moon.

• According to NASA’s Leonard D. Jaffe, a Surveyor program scientist and curator of the Surveyor 3 components brought back from the Moon, somebody on his staff who had witnessed the biological test (which gave positive results), reported that a "breach of sterile procedure" took place at just the right time to produce a false positive result. He further claims that one of the tools being used to study the samples was inadvertently placed on a non-sterile lab bench, which was then used to collect the samples. It was that sample set which showed the presence of Streptococcus mitis.

To quote Jaffe, "It is, therefore, quite possible that the microorganisms were transferred to the camera after its return to Earth, and that they had never been to the Moon."

So let’s analyse Jaffe’s contentions:

The possibility of contamination prior to sending the camera to the moon, or after it was returned, was ruled out by the scientists who made this discovery. Was Mr Jaffe, present when the discovery was made? No! Further, he was not even associated with the analysis! He has attempted to discredit this discovery by making false statements that have no basis in reality. The hoax perpetrated by Jaffe is easily disproved.

The fact is that a dirty work bench would have contained millions of diverse bacteria. Nor could the microbe be the result of some other form of contamination, such as a sneeze or cough.

Since a droplet of saliva contains an average of 750 million organisms, if contamination of the lunar TV camera was due to a scientist's inadvertent cough or sneeze, a multitude of related bacteria, and a "representation of the entire microbial population would be expected," rather than a single species and a single organism (Mitchell & Ellis, 1971). Moreover, this Streptococcus mitis was dormant, but came back to life.

But according to Dirk Schulze-Makuch of the Department of Geology, Washington State University, Streptococcus mitis can exist only in moist environments.

So what about the Moon? It has now been established beyond doubt that there is water on the moon as confirmed by India’s Chandrayaan spacecraft. Not just buckets full, but there’s tons of it! And what about the requirement of atmosphere on the Moon for microbes to survive? Well there exist MASCONS (Massive Concentrations of gravity) on many areas on the Moon leading to the possibility of pockets of atmosphere however tenuous, held in place by these MASCONS.

But how could microbes have appeared on the Moon? In the 1970s, Hoyle and Wickramasinghe began to suspect that life on Earth could have come from space. Brig Klyce, who studies cosmic ancestry and panspermia notes that several studies point to the presence of complex organics in space. If they could survive the harsh conditions of deep space, then why can’t they survive on the Moon and Mars that have comparatively a more conducive environment? It is quite possible that micro-organisms exist in the deep craters of the Moon hidden in moist crevices that shield them from radiation and cosmic particles.

What About Mars?

As mentioned earlier, one of the prerequisites for life is water. So how could life exist on Mars in the absence of water? But wait! Here’s what Viking I and II discovered:

Hydrogen Densities (Probably Water) on Mars with Viking 1 and 2 Landing Sites Located (VL1 & VL2).

Where there’s water, there a possibility of life!
Courtesy: LANL

For those of you who are interested, heres’ an interesting thread I found on ATS… Scientific Evidence Of Life On Mars!! Why is NASA Obfuscating The Truth?

NASA seems to have screwed up this one!

www.worldlingo.com...
journalofcosmology.com...
www.liebertonline.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.space.com...

[edit on 12-6-2010 by OrionHunterX]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Life . We live on ONE planet, in ONE star system. We can make all the predictions we like as a species, we can stroke our egos as much as we want, and throw theory after theory at eachother about other worlds and what we may find on them. But one thing we cannot know because of our limitations ,is what is possible.
Increasingly it is becoming apparant that life as is far more tenacious and powerful a force than we first believed. There are some organisms which live in volcanic magma, others which live exclusively in sulphur rich pools in caves, never seeing the light of day. There are even lifeforms on our own planet which can and do exist and thrive in anioxic (spelling?) environments, something which until thier discovery was utterly outside the bounds of our collective understanding, and yet, they existed.
Every time biology speaks these days, theres a new animal, or organism, living somewhere increasingly crazy. Its got to the stage now where scientists are willing to postulate that there may be lifeforms in the gassy atmosphere of Venus, and that life may in some form reside also on Titan, due to thier predictions of what chemicals they expected to find there being shown false by the readings they got from the last mission to pass there. Apparantly they expected to find acetylene ,but didnt , and thereby they assume there are some microbes there, consuming the missing chemical, which would explain the results. Slowly we awaken to a hard and unfriendly truth. We cannot know what lies beyond, till what lies beyond lies behind.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
umm would you be so kind as to provide a link to this life form that lives in magma I think we would all like to see proof of that one thanks.
as for the moon they did find the camera wasn't cleaned right but the Bactria was in hibernation UNTIL they added air and water back it did not grow on the moon it just did not die ether .
so im am sorry to say there is NO life native to the moon .
no matter what kind of life you have it will take gas and liquid of some kind to grow .
may not be o or o2 may be Mathian lakes and that gas they are talking about that they live in at -280 but the gas a liquid are there.
life must have something to metabolize .
no way around that one.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Interesting perspective.
Since the moon is exposed to huge amounts of radiation it may be worth noting that here on Earth we have seen forms of life grow in Nuclear power plants that are exposed to massive amounts of radiation and they are thriving. If "LIFE" is as ancient as many make it out to be and all indications point to that, then life will find a way to grow and thrive in many environments that we simply cannot fathom.

It does not surprise me one bit that there could have been life on the moon at one time. Personally I think we need to start thinking outside the box and stop limiting our search for life only on "Earth" like planets that are orbiting Stars in the supposed [sweet spot].

LIFE is ancient whether it be a microbe or a full fledged intelligent form. It would have experimented in all types of environments and situations literally BILLIONS of years before man first walked the Earth. We and our understanding of these possibilities are new comers to this realm.

Just a thought.

PEACE
Slay

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
There are many theories and possibilities as to exactly what is being hidden on the moon, and I haven't been able to decide between them, but I do agree and believe that they are hiding something. Photoshopped photos, silly and unconvincing reasons for not returning, edited communications .. I believe they are hiding something, and I think that the whole "we never went to the moon" thing was orchestrated to distract conspiracy theorists (and other intelligent people) from looking into what they are really hiding.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I always find it amusing when scientists "discover" new things about the universe and they act all excited and surprised.

It is so incredibly arrogant and irrational to think that this one planet is the only place in an infinite universe that has life on it.

I believe that life is the rule rather than the exception. I believe that there are all kinds of life forms that can thrive in all kinds of environments, like they do on earth. Just widen the spectrum of conditions and I'm sure there are life forms that can exist in harsher conditions that exist on earth.

When the schientists discover all kinds of life existing in all kinds of places - I won't be surprised at all.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

Perhaps not in magma (There's none on the Moon or Mars for that matter!) but microbes called extremophiles live in conditions that would kill other creatures. Archaea, some bacteria and a few protists can survive in the harshest and strangest of environments.

'Black smokers' can produce temperatures of 350 C (662 F), but archaean microbes are still able to flourish.

A black smoker.
Courtesy: The Guardians

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Reminds me of Jurassic Park and the quote...."life will find a way".

Seems fitting.

new topics

top topics

join