It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intergalactic Cowboys Part 1: Fred Crisman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
No, this isn't a thread about Reptillians from Zeta Reticuli. This also isn't a thread about imminent disclosure. This is the first part in a (hopefully) long installment exploring the lives and actions of infamous disinformation agents, the spookiest of intelligence spooks, and the men who instigated and attempted to incite one of the most incendiary topics in pop culture; the U.F.O phenomenon.

The subject of our first thread is none other than Fred Lee Crisman; proto-anarchist, disinformation agent, and not-so-conspicuous C.I.A. agent.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b18f028af91.jpg[/atsimg]

A simple google search will turn up hits on this man that range from one of the most bizarre U.F.O experiences cataloged pre-Roswell, to tales of violent subterranean entities in the jungles of World War II torn Burma, to theories that place him on the grassy knoll, as one of the boxcar tramps, and a confidant of Clay Shaw entwining Crisman into the J.F.K. enigma. It doesn't stop there, however.

In the late 1960's, Fred Crisman attempted to disrupt the local government of Tacoma, Washington, because it was run under direction of "City Manager"; a form of government the CIA then and now looks down on because of it's similarities to Communism. Crisman, using radio shock jockery and even a book he had published so disrupted the on-goings of Tacoma that a re-election was called and Crisman was assigned a position in the local government.

With so much back-story, I'm sure you're pondering how the aforementioned things figure in to "Aliens & UFOs". To research this shady character's history with the subject, you have to start at the Maury Island incident. This bizarre U.F.O. case was almost perpetuated solely by Crisman. After the odd deaths of two senior Air Force members (and the disappearance of the original witness to the incident), Crisman is called back in to military service, serves for a period of time in Alaska (during which there are several UFO sightings) and then is transferred to Thule Air Base (widely known, perhaps most famously through Bill Cooper, as a station that monitors UFO activity in the Northern Hemisphere and plays or played an active role in the UFO cover-up). What I find most perplexing about the almost ferocious pace which Crisman rushed the Maury Island incident in to public view is the time which it happened; not less than a month before the supposed crash and recovery in Roswell. Even Dahl, the man who supposedly experienced the UFOs and debris of the Maury Incident first hand, described the "metallic paper" emitted by one of the failing craft, almost identical to the description of the Roswell debris.

Was Crisman an early seed in the campaign of the military industrial complex to make people who came in contact with experimental government aircraft look like raving idiots when they told their tales to others? Is the UFO phenomenon real and Crisman was simply a pawn being used by a much more sinister faction to cover up evidence as to the existence of intelligent extra-terrestrial life?

Here, in a F.O.I.A. requested FBI document on Fred Lee Crisman, one can find more black tape than an electrician's tool belt.
www.majesticdocuments.com...

However you feel about Crisman after forming your own opinions on the subject, it is undeniable that he is seemingly everywhere in the conspiracy world; even after his death he was connected by a third party to the Inslaw Affair. I'll close with a quote from author Kenn Thomas that says of Crisman; "He had one foot in the intelligence world, the other in the world of con-men and bums."

[edit on 11-6-2010 by hungrydirt]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
*Note to self; from now on, when attempting to put effort into an "Aliens&UFOs" thread, don't. Rather, post something about how believers/skeptics are mentally handicapped, how "X" sighting is garbage, etc.

Once upon a time, I would have at least found a couple of people who would loved to collaborate on a thread like this. What did Bob Dylan say?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Wait a damn second here, are you an attention seeking whore?

You posted your thread on a Friday night and less than 45 minutes later your throwing a tizzy because you didn't get the attention you personally feel is owed to you for your efforts. I see this all the time, people put time and effort into a thread and then get all hurt if they don't get immediate attention, regardless of the time of day and date they were posted. Half the United States is sitting in traffic right now, going home for dinner, checking ATS is going to have to wait an hour or so, can you handle that without feeling all rejected?

Bumping your thread because your not getting the attention you desire is no different than trolling.

Give your thread time, if it has merit (and it does, as I have some comments to make, but you already showed your hand and mentality, so I know they would be wasted on you) you will see (hopefully) a productive discussion as the evening wears on.

Geez.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

To be honest, it's a disenfranchisement with a lot of the forums in tandem with a lot of cyclical, fruitless threads that pop up endlessly that get fed by the same trolling juveniles that don't actually want to critically think or have meaningful discussions. I'm sorry for coming across as an "attention whore".

Just wish people would stick to positivity and forward-thinking discourse, and that includes me. Taking your own medicine is sometimes difficult though. I think your assessment of me is a bit skewed and over-dramatic, but I won't waste the energy to convince you of it. Thanks for stopping by.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hungrydirt

To be honest, it's a disenfranchisement with a lot of the forums in tandem with a lot of cyclical, fruitless threads that pop up endlessly...

On this we agree 100%! Sometimes frustration gets the best of all of us, me included. I apologize for coming across the way I did.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Thanks, and no hard feelings. I'm working on a few other of these short bio-blurbs, dissecting or at least exposing these disinformation agents and cauldron stirrers of yesteryear. If only we knew the reason behind the blatant misdirection the intelligence community used against the UFO problem in the early decades of the 20th century, we would know it all, wouldn't we?

That's why I feel a sort of affinity with these old creeps; they brushed shoulders with the truth.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Great new fresh topic. Well done OP!

S&F - keep them coming!

There are whores everywhere - some even dress up as trolls...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I've never heard of him, so I appreciate your thread and hope you make more of them.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Let me catch my breath... that picture seriously made me laugh. Thanks for the warm words and the laugh!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hungrydirt

I like the title Intergalactic Cowboys, it is very evocative. But what does it mean in context of this thread?

Originally posted by hungrydirt
The subject of our first thread is none other than Fred Lee Crisman; proto-anarchist, disinformation agent, and not-so-conspicuous C.I.A. agent.

There are very strange things about Ms. Chisman's life to be certain, but what evidence do you have that he worked for the CIA? You make the claim, as if weird aspects of his life as proof enough.

...then is transferred to Thule Air Base (widely known, perhaps most famously through Bill Cooper, as a station that monitors UFO activity in the Northern Hemisphere and plays or played an active role in the UFO cover-up).

And that means what? In later life Bill Cooper believed there were no UFOs, the phenomenon being a hoax perpetrated by the New World Order.

Originally posted by hungrydirtEven Dahl, the man who supposedly experienced the UFOs and debris of the Maury Incident first hand, described the "metallic paper" emitted by one of the failing craft, almost identical to the description of the Roswell debris.

He actually described it as "slag". That seems quite a bit different than the paper supposedly found at the Roswell Crash.

Was Crisman an early seed in the campaign of the military industrial complex to make people who came in contact with experimental government aircraft look like raving idiots when they told their tales to others? Is the UFO phenomenon real and Crisman was simply a pawn being used by a much more sinister faction to cover up evidence as to the existence of intelligent extra-terrestrial life?

Well, was he? Simply asking the question isn't enough, provide at least some sort of theory in answer...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Thanks, and no hard feelings. I'm working on a few other of these short bio-blurbs, dissecting or at least exposing these disinformation agents and cauldron stirrers of yesteryear.

In the case of Ms. Chisman, I don't think you've really exposed anything. The Maury Island Incident has long been dismissed as a hoax by credible researchers.

If only we knew the reason behind the blatant misdirection the intelligence community used against the UFO problem in the early decades of the 20th century, we would know it all, wouldn't we?

It may not have anything to do with aliens, but more Earthly reasons.

That's why I feel a sort of affinity with these old creeps; they brushed shoulders with the truth.

Not necessarily. If, for the sake of argument, they were tasked to spread disinformation, it doesn't mean they would know why.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

The thread title is simply pointing, in a comedic light, to the men who were assigned with the task of going out into the uncharted realm (at the time) of UFOlogy and making the story in to what it is today.

If you actually read through the report, there was "metal paper", reported by both Dahl and Crisman, let me find it for you.

Dahl also recovered samples of sheaves of lightweight white sheets of metal that fluttered like "newspapers" out from the inner ring of the troubled UFO to the ground

That's Dahl's report.

I don't believe much of anything Bill Cooper has to say, to be honest with you. There would have been much easier and efficient ways of disseminating the "falsehoods" that Cooper would claim later in life.

I actually don't make the claim about him being a C.I.A. agent, several sources do. The core of the earth is molten nickel and iron, but I've no first hand proof of that either.

Yes, I believe Crisman is one of many people who were used to spread disinformation in advance of the experimental craft flap at the end of the forties. That isn't to say there can't be E.T. controlled craft, but I think these company men were more concerned with deflection rather than deception.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Again, they brushed shoulders with it; that in no way alludes to my reasoning that they knew what was going on; those are your inferences.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

If you actually read through the report, there was "metal paper", reported by both Dahl and Crisman, let me find it for you.

You're right. I confused that with other material Chisman and Dahl claimed to have found.

I don't believe much of anything Bill Cooper has to say, to be honest with you. There would have been much easier and efficient ways of disseminating the "falsehoods" that Cooper would claim later in life.

I could hug you.

I actually don't make the claim about him being a C.I.A. agent, several sources do. The core of the earth is molten nickel and iron, but I've no first hand proof of that either.

In context of this discussion, you did make the claim. Regardless of who actually makes the claim, what is the evidence for it?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

It doesn't seem like there is any hard evidence of it, to be honest. There is a very linear list of events that surrounded Crisman, however, that are too coincidental to be mere coincidence, if you get my drift. The guy is friends with Clay Shaw. He has been pegged as being in Dallas the day of the J.F.K. assassination. He is involved with one of the most famous pre-Roswell UFO cases known in America where people actually vanished and whether by mere happenstance or some other dark motive died. His connection to Riconosciuto and the Inslaw debacle; another exploitation of information by the intelligence facets of the government.

This is high strangeness that lets my mid-level skepticism bend and thusly break. It could all be mere coincidence, but it just smells a little too fishy to me.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This guy could be part of the missing link to the early cover up theories.
Good thread..

Anymore highlights of this guy or is information about him naturally suppressed?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hmm, It is difficult to say what to think about this Fred Crisman. He is definitly a loroufull person worthy of considering to be in some kind of bif play that went on.

For that matter I would say that he is somewhat to colourfull, like a possible decoyflag if things go screwy. Interesting to note is that while he claims to have been a commando in Birma, it seems there is no credible proof of this claim it is clear that he was at one time in the army.

On a sidenote; thinking of it makes me remember the foxholes in Europe and a certain US intelligence agent trying desperatly to appear as a European farmer while putting a bullet in between my....ah it doesn't really matter anyways, for me there is always a do-over button available.

Back to the main topic. He is somewhat to colourfull and I feel that he is a middleman picked up by agents during the second worldwar to create some nice false flags and do some dirty work.
I would guess that if the # hit the fan he would have been sacrificied. Interesting to note is that he only became 55 years old of age. Since he has a life as a soldier behind him as well as working in the military in his later life one would have thought that he would follow an ordered healty life. Is anything still existing of his official cause of death? It would seem there is a date of death but everything else seem to have vanished into thin air.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by AncientShade]

top topics

join