It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NEW Black Death

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It literally lurks everywhere in our environment. Inside and out.
Sometimes we can see it, other times it's hidden.
It affects all of us in one way or another, but for some the effects are severe, and even fatal.
It's symptoms are commonly misdiagnosed as a whole host of other illnesses.
Many aren't even aware they have it. Many doctors refute it even exists.

BLACK MOLD TOXICITY

Some of the same toxic molds found in homes and schools are concentrated and weaponized into some of the most powerful biological weapons on earth, the T-2 Mycotoxins. This is because of the effect they have on the brain and nervous system. What these biological weapons do to a person in a matter of hours can be similar to what they do to a person over a period of time when concentrated inside a home or school.

curezone.com...

Many instances of "Sick Building Syndrome" are caused by black mold.
en.wikipedia.org...
Once Airborne in the heating and ventilation systems..there is no stopping it.
en.wikipedia.org...
Those who are already immune compromised, are at a greater risk. However black mold itself can be responsible for immune suppression.

Health Effects of Black Mold

There are several black mold health effects, which vary according to the amount of toxic mold present in the surroundings. Like these health effects, there are several ways in which a person can get exposed to these health hazards, including inhalation, skin contact and ingestion.

Allergy
One of the major problems associated with black mold is allergy. Allergies are triggered, when the mold causes the immune system to react, in order to defend the body against the anticipated danger. These allergies may range from runny nose and sneezing to more complicated conditions, such as asthma.

Poisoning
Like the various other fungi, black mold also produces volatile organic compounds (VOCs), in the process of absorbing the nutrients by degrading various substances. These VOCs tend to spread in the atmosphere in the households contaminated with fungi. In such circumstances, the person being exposed to these compounds is invariably exposed to and thus, experiences irritation of the central nervous system and mucous membrane, which in turn leads to conditions such as headaches and memory loss.

Invasive Diseases
Invasive diseases are opportunist infections, which are caused due to exposure to certain microorganisms, that are otherwise not at all harmful to humans. When exposed to toxic mold, the immune system of a person deteriorates significantly, which in turn makes the person vulnerable to these invasive diseases. Though very rare, the chances of contracting invasive diseases cannot be ignored.

www.buzzle.com...
www.buzzle.com...
FULL LIST OF EXPOSURE SYMPTOMS:
rantery.awardspace.com...

Think you have nothing to worry about, or it'll never happen to you?
It can happen to anyone:

(CBS) Since the movie bearing her name appeared, everyone knows who Erin Brockovich is: the working mother who traced illnesses in a small California town to groundwater contaminated by Pacific Gas and Electric.

After the case was settled for hundreds of millions of dollars, Brockovich got a big promotion, and now divides her time between her job and motivational speaking.

She lives in a million-dollar home near Los Angeles, with her third husband, Eric Ellis, and the youngest of her 3 children - 11-year-old Beth.

Brockovich says it is the house she always wanted. The bonus she got from winning the lawsuit made her dream possible. But then it turned into a nightmare, 48 Hours Correspondent Susan Spencer reports.

For months, touring her home required a hazmat suit. The house was filled with slimy black mold called Stachybotrys

www.cbsnews.com...

More info:

Notice the suits and masks needed to clean it up? And yet we are told..oh just use bleach to clean it up.

There is a ton of information and disinformation out there on this subject.
Some say black mold is the cause of most of the health problems that plague us now, but because it is everywhere, doctors are more inclined to dismiss it as a problem and diagnose patients with other ailments.
Iam urging EVERYONE, if you have chronic symptoms as listed, or you have found black mold in your home, TAKE ACTION NOW
The results could be devastating if you don't.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I can't believe that I missed this aspect of illnesses entirely! All the science fiction books I've read about toxic mushrooms, and I failed to realize that I may be affected by this myself.
I live in a house that's over 80 years old, and the pipes are rusty and leak quite a bit. I have also started getting allergic reactions to an unknown substance. I haven't gone to the doctor yet because I try to make my parents dismiss it as something else, since all I get are itchy rashes and overactive tear glands. But my tonsils feel really sore in the morning when I wake up after sleeping with the window closed.
What do I do now??? >.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You created a wonderful but disturbing thread.
Good work !

Thank you for the effort.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Elaethyr

unadulterated pure essential oil

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus
reply to post by Elaethyr

unadulterated pure essential oil

Quite a vague reference for a cure...
WHICH essential oil are you speaking of?
Some are TOXIC.
First off, if you think you have a mold problem, get somebody who is a professional to test your home. Yes, it costs a bit, but compared to medical costs- peanuts.
If you do have a problem, GET IT REMOVED OR GET OUT.
Minor problems can be fixed. But if you have Stachybotrys, literally you must treat everything in your home as if it were a flea or fire situation..dump it all.
It literally sticks to almost everything including fabrics and clothing.
www.mold-help.org...
There are many sites that offer ways of ridding your body of toxic mold.
Be wary of those that try to sell you a quick fix pill, or a book.
I have been passed on the knowledge, that sometimes a good body flush is in order.
Lots of water, green tea, grapefruit juice.
No sugar or starches.
Lots of garlic, as much as you can tolerate.
Omega 3 fatty acids.
Lean meat only.
Nothing processed.
Vitamin supplements as well.
Lots of fresh air, and sunshine.
And most of all- use the body's natural way to get rid of toxins, SWEAT IT OUT.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
We had a really horrible black mold problem in our basement from repeated water damage. The carpet was filled with it, the bead board on the walls was thick with it and it was GROWING. It got to the point that even if our clothing was washed, dried, and immediately removed from the basement, you could still smell it. I had a new baby and was pregnant with another and I got really sick. It was a very bad sinus infection, and I was pretty much bedridden for a week. My baby and I went to stay with my parents and my husband hired a basement waterproofer to come in, remove EVERYTHING, waterproof it, and $10,000 later it worked. We don't have any more flooding, all the drywall, carpet, pretty much anything that mold can live on is gone, a heavy duty dehumidifier was brought in, and it is amazing how clean it smells now. I can actually go down there now.

Anyway, black mold is sooo dangerous. I am sure our problem wasn't nearly as bad as many places, but I got SICK from it. I'm just glad it was me and not my baby! Good post.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

The new black death? Seems a tad over the top, unless it was just word play, but still...

Stachybotrys chartarum is listed as a "rare disease" by the Office of Rare Diseases (ORD) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This means that Stachybotrys chartarum, or a subtype of Stachybotrys chartarum, affects less than 200,000 people in the US population.
- www.wrongdiagnosis.com...

Maybe a couple of hundred years ago this was a problem but nowadays with the increase in understanding of mold and the awareness in the importance of air quality/ventilation I can't see this being a major problem.

Anyway, I suppose some awareness of any potential problems is always good

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

The new black death? Seems a tad over the top, unless it was just word play, but still...

Stachybotrys chartarum is listed as a "rare disease" by the Office of Rare Diseases (ORD) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This means that Stachybotrys chartarum, or a subtype of Stachybotrys chartarum, affects less than 200,000 people in the US population.
- www.wrongdiagnosis.com...

Maybe a couple of hundred years ago this was a problem but nowadays with the increase in understanding of mold and the awareness in the importance of air quality/ventilation I can't see this being a major problem.

Anyway, I suppose some awareness of any potential problems is always good

Correct, it is rare.
My son is suffering late stage right now.Had I only known a year ago what I know now....

Symptoms of black mold illness are broken down into stages. Stage one, or short-term exposure, is associated with symptoms such as red, irritated or itchy skin, sneezing, headaches and itchy, watery eyes. Stage two, or on-and-off prolonged exposure, has symptoms that include nose bleeds, excessive and constant fatigue, short-term memory loss, rashes and sores, chronic sinus infection and bronchitis, ear infections and pain in the joints and muscles. Stage three produces more serious symptoms such as long-term memory loss, blindness, brain damage, cancer, bleeding lungs and even death.

www.ehow.com...

I have no need to sensationalize, only inform. Call it a play on words if you want to. To me it's very real.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

AccessDenied.....

Thank you for starting this very interesting thread.

I know a little about this area & you are correct.....it is a very serious problem.

For your interest, here is a very interesting new technology company that has developed possibly the only way to address this problem.

The technology is a spin-off from the group's very advanced infection control & sterilisation technology, which is based on advanced enzyme technology.

Aeris Environmental

www.aeris.com.au...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

In January 1993, an infant in the Cleveland, Ohio area -- the first of 27 -- suffered acute pulmonary hemorrhaging. The children bled from their airways, their lungs infected with some unknown illness. One of the children died. An investigation into the cause of this terrible outbreak found that each of the homes where the sick infants lived sustained serious water damage. Within these houses, the greenish-black fungi Stachybotrys chartarum (S. chartarum) was discovered. It appeared the children's infections were caused by toxic mold.

The Cuyahoga County coroner re-examined all of the infants in the area who had died between 1993 and 1995, including those thought to have died from SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome). Six children were found to have lung tissue showing signs of pulmonary hemorrhage. It has yet to be proven definitively that the mold caused the deaths of the infants. But the question looms large enough that medical and public health professionals around the world began to wonder, if this mold is a health risk, just how extensive could the problem be?

home.howstuffworks.com...

We are only beginning to understand the effects mold has on our body.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

well you are correct about dangers-one should study up and be convinced themselves on what and how to use and which ex. 1 drop wintergreen=1 adult aspirin(even on finger), cassia bark will burn you could cause blindness etc., I'll leave it at the three thieves during the black plague that never contracted it, and the police forensic lab test against viruses

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'm at still at stage one, I guess.
Phew!
Well, I would move out of the house but I'm a minor, and there's no reason for me to be emancipated. I would try to convince my parents to move out of the house, but I've already tried this for various reasons and the only thing standing in the way of that is my dad's rather arbitrary family ties to the house.(His parents are renting the place out to us.)
As for the rest of your offered solutions, I am in a very healthy lifestyle and have been since about middle school. Maybe this is why I'm still only in stage one of the exposure. I have observed stage two symptoms in my little brothers and sisters, mostly nose bleeds and fatigue. I myself seem to be skipping over certain things and my short-term memory appears to be affected.
Since they're savage little idiots, they don't listen to their big sister about consuming the right things. I believe I'm the only one out of all of them that can turn down Hot Cheetos and other junk food with no effort. I'm in charge of consuming the leftover beets they've left(and beets happen to be one of my favorite vegetables), and I'm learning how to shuffle, which is very much like aerobics and makes you look awesome.
As a family, we consume Indian foods because of their usage of different spices, lots of juices made from citrus, and that sort of stuff. My mom's a health nut, whereas I dig up obscure information on alternative treatments. We make a great team.^^
thank you for all the data on black mold, but I don't think we can remove it anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
For the US people here: My husband works the rental desk at a large box home-improvement center (key color is orange) and there is a mold abatement product out there. It's highly specialized, but easy to use. I know we will be using it (hopefully preemptively) when we remodel our kitchen and bath (we live in a ranch, where all the plumbing is grouped together in the walls between these rooms). I do know you are supposed to remove as much of the "infected" materials as possible. The product works along the same principle as the stuff they spray on smoke damaged building materials, which I thought had to be a hoax, until I smelled, or didn't smell, the results. I'll pick his brain for more details when he gets home.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
We have mold in our bathroom because it is hot, humid and dark. The mold is little black spots at the top of the wall. We use bleach and it goes away for about a month then returns.

Where I grew up as a kid and was constantly sick had mold in the entire wall back at the bedrooms and in the bathroom. I was sick at least 3-4 times per month, the doctor was my home away from home
, but then we moved and I wasn't sick any more. But we moved when I was 8.

Since then I barely ever get sick, I think the last time I was sick was about 4 years ago, other than some allergies and headaches. My mom was pregnant while living at our old home that was very moldy, and I was born with a very serious nose, throat and mouth problem and they did not expect me to live. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

And now my mom has macular degeneration at 41 and is slowly losing hair(not much gone though), she also has anxiety and depression and is tired ALOT.

I am a person who is tired a lot but I am also an insomniac and have irradic sleeping patterns so I don't think I have that problem at my house. But staying up regularly 20 hours and sleeping between 5-10 hours is not good for you that's for sure.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I can't say for certain whether the health concerns of the previous members are due to black mold or not.
They say all one can do is leave home for a couple of weeks and see how you feel.
It should never be discounted as dangerous, or not considered as a possible cause for illness of any kind.
It is so common in our environment that one has to wonder, what the hidden agenda of the medical community is to not believe in it's harm or toxicity.

new topics

top topics

join