It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phobos 2 Picture: is it a UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I was doing a little bit of research about lost Mars Probes when i came across some interesting Photos and info regarding the Soviet Phobos 2 Probe. I knew that Phobos 2 had been lost and also knew that it had taken some strange images before it was lost but had never really looked at them closely before. I just wondered what you guys thought? I was unsure as to what forum to post them in so if a Mod thinks they are in the wrong place please would you move them to the right forum?
I did a Boolien search to see if it had been covered before and found other interesting images but nothing to do with Phobos.

This first image is and infa red image of an object estimated to be about 7 miles long.

This second image was taken just before contact was lost with the Space craft. I just thought id add that this image is a shadow cast on the surface of Mars from the Object above. I think it was taken from the Planet facing camera.

A lot of you will prob have seen these images before but i would like to know what your opinions are, is it a Natural but as yet undiscovered phenomenon or is it a UFO?

www.marsnews.com...

He is an interesting link regarding the Soviet Phobos Mars program from Marsnews.com

Again if this has been disscussed before i appologise but could not find anything relating to it on the ATS search engine

EDIT:Edited for addition.

[edit on 11-6-2004 by Janus]

[edit on 11-6-2004 by Janus]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Very interesting. I have never read of this before. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Strange, very strange indeed.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I knew that Phobos was missing, but the strange photo's?
Think i'm gonna load up Photoshop and look a little closer...

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Im thinking of firing off a couple of emails if i can find the addresses of the Scientists who worked on this project. But i think ill hang fire on that till you guys have a chance to disect the photos. Id love to help but my knowlage of Photo shop is rudimentary at best.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Yup that a great one a mystery of space probes id say. At least the Russians had the balls to publish the pics. They compared it to the monoliths from 2001.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Ive dug up a couple more link regarding the Phobos 1+2 dissapearences(SP)
www.skiesare.demon.co.uk...

www.unexplainable.net...

www.skiesare.demon.co.uk...

I cant comment about the reliability of the websites that these link to as its the first time ive come across them but they make interesting reading.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Very interesting indeed. I think that the photos along with the disappearance of the probe make this an interesting find. Thnaks again Janus! BTW, Janus, you get my vote for way above.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Thankyou very much!
Im looking for a good indepth report from NASA at the moment but i cant find anything. NASA doesnt seem to have much to say on them. They stick with the view it was a computer malfunction. Which may or may not be the case.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Well it seems that the object that Phobos 2 caught an image of wasnt the only strange thing that it caught during its short operational life. It also caught some strange formations on the surface as well. I havent posted the images themselves as one is copy righted. but you can see them on the link below. What needs to be kept in mind is that the image resolution is not great and formations on Mars surface have a strange habit of looking like one thing an then turning out to be something completely different.
I still cant find anything from NASA regarding the Images i initialy posted.

www.marsnews.com...

new topics

top topics

join