It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Animal Prints - Help Needed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Hey Guys,

Firstly I dont know if this is the right Forum but I'll give it a shot..

My Friend went bush walking earlier today I sent me a few pics, he mentioned it was just out of Melbourne, Jelly Brown Hill, the prints look dog like but they dont match a typical dog print, not to mention the prints are huge.... I dont know how to upload the pictures so if someone could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm keen to get some feedback, as I've googled extensively and cant come up with anything...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Definitely a werewolf print

line

get the pictures on photobucket or some other image hosting site and then just copy and paste the url, that'll do.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I'd like to see the photos, along with a measure, or ruler, yard stick, or whatever. Just saying............when I get out of a swimming pool and my footprints are seen by others, you know, the water on the bottom of my feet, people proclaim, "Oh my God! Have you ever seen footprints like that before?" Yeah, I have big feet and they are absolutely flat. lol.

Apparantly, to others, I am a freak, lol, so I suppose there could be freaks in the rest of the animal world as well. Just saying.............

And I can't help with uploading photos. I will learn one day how to do it, if I actually have a fantastic, unbelievable photo I gotta get out.

I'm not trying to be a jerk. I have seen animal prints, too, that I couldn't explain in the context of what I had always seen.

I'd like to see the photos, by the way...........

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Hey Headshot, Thanks for your constrcutive input..... you might be on to something...

Ok think I have managed to work this out find links below;

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed5cc7ee1249.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fdd99c7ba69b.jpg[/atsimg]

The second shot compared with a shoe is my mate who has a size 14 shoe...

Feebback welcome.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Probably a dingo, or a dingo/feral dog mix.
Highly unlikely, but maybe he stumbled onto traces of one of these:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

Interesting never thought of a dingo, very unusual to get dingo's around these parts infact we dont.. I checked out dingo prints much like dogs.. and as for tasmanian tiger well there extinct, well as far as we are aware... but cheers for the link. Interesting thought.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Front paw imposed onto a back paw.

in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It looks like a dog stepped on a larger dogs foot print, covering up the two middle toes in the bigger dogs print.

I am pretty confident that's what that is.

edit: hivemind.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by thedarklingthrush]

[edit on 11-6-2010 by thedarklingthrush]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Definitely think you may be on to something with the comparison to the Thylacine. The extra toes tell me it's not canine.

Must be one BIG animal!

uqconnect.net...

www.cryptomundo.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

That's precisely what it is; and given that the whole area seems awfully muddy, the poster should have been able to find several tracks that would confirm this.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Just called my mate, asked if there were any other prints, said there certainly was but didn’t think to take any additional pics, as the purpose of the print was to compare to anything he could find online... his going back tomorrow to hopefully take more pics... given its winter here and raining quite a bit I'm hoping he can get more shots.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Aren’t the back paws the same size at the front paws? if thats the case doesn’t explain why the back feet appear larger...

My mate considered what you’re suggesting but was adamant this wasn’t the case...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Double post...

[edit on 11-6-2010 by downunder666]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Interesting print, but rather than a double dog print it looks to me more like an emu print with a dog print over the top.

best pic I could find

See how the middle pad and the sides look like your print.

Unless there's a very strange emu out there somewhere

cheers

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The front paw would hit the ground first with the back paw making the second impression, this print seems to be the opposite. Very interesting post I am going to keep track of (pun intended).

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
What you have is indeed a hind track superposed on a front track. The larger one being the front. Given the size of the front impression I would say that you probably have a Wolf/husky hybrid running about (or other similarly heavy-chested canid like a Rottweiler).
Definitely canid, perhaps even wolf, though I don't know the area you are in and the likelihood of a wolf being accidentally released there.
Dogs will register 4 toes on each foot with the front being somewhat larger.
I've been tracking animals for 30+ years so I do have some knowlege on this.
The hind foot is the farthest forward showing all 4 toes and the proximal pad but it destroyed the 2 front toes of the hind track leaving you this 6-toed animal track with 2 proximal pads. Superposed tracks like this are more common among wild canids than pet dogs but it does happen. If this is a consistent pattern then you may have a wild canid on your hands.
There should be more tracks to take pictures of. It would be helpful if you could measure the size of each foot impression and the distances between them. Hope this helps.

eNumbra, star for you!

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Hey cheers for the information, greatly appreciated.. here in aus we don’t get wolfs, well that we are aware off... So i'd rule that out, possibly a dog of some type, interesting you mention the prints being superimposed few other members have mentioned that, and given you experience I take your word for it... Also interesting you mention it could be wild.. very unusual, the wildest dog like animals we have are dingo's or fox's that said we don’t get dingo's around this area and that print would have to be one big fox... my mate is going down today to try and get some more images, just like i suspected it poured down rain last night, so hopefully he can still get some pics... will come back with our findings...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
That picture is as Animal said a dog, possibly two. What I make out is that there is a large dog preparing for a run by the impression on the larger portion. The front paws are striking in a way similar of a trot.

When dogs run they often hit the back of their front paws with their backs as they push off giving off odd tracks. We have a lot of coyotes out in Ohio that leave similar(much larger) prints when they brake for a pounce and brace to sprint.

Finally because I notice a size difference theres also a possibility of a mother and her pups. A pup usually follows its mother's tracks very closely and often stand directly in them giving off an odd shape due to size difference.

Hope that helps ^_^ Nothing out of the ordinary though!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Good post. Bingo. Possibly feral? Or some domesticated dog mixed w/ wild canid for size? Justa thought.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

It might be a wolf. Check google images for wolf prints. It looks canine to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join