It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Animal Prints - Help Needed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Well I'm affraid my friend had no success finding any other prints, so that leaves me to conclude it is simply superimposed dog prints....
thanks for all the feeback

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I say it's a wild dog. coyote or dingo.

I've seen lots of coyote tracks in the hills around my nieghborhood. They are the back paws over laping the front paws. Some dogs, coyotes at least, make almost cat like hopping movements when galloping or preparing to make a big jump or pouncing motion. the hind legs land in the space of the front paws allowing the animals body to explode out like a loaded spring generating lots of power. Some freerunners (athletes) even do this.

The paws if you look at them are sliding forward slightly due to it's forward momentum when it landed in the mud there, along with the distortion of the tracks again on the back side of them due to the animal pushing off the muddy ground. This along with erosion due to the wet conditions made the tracks seem stretched out and larger than the animals real paws really were.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Enumbra: Excellent critical thinking.

I also think that you're correct. It looks like a canid front paw imposed over a back paw. It's also pretty exact, it might even have been placed from a stamp-ish device, but that's just speculation on my part.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Most likely, it was a wolf's print. But we can't be too sure until you upload it to the site.

Werewolves are not real, so, trust me, it doesn't belong to a werewolf.

Maybe it does belong to a dog, you're just looking at the wrong breeds, Have you ever seen a rotwielers paw? It's HUGE!

Then again, who said it belonged to a cainine? Maybe it belonged to a mountain lion or even a small bear . . .

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
not cat, missing thin claw structure. Not bear either, they tend to look more humanish (why bigfoot is usually bear prints)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join