It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Korn call for BP boycott !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Korn call for BP boycott !

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/373102903e0c.jpg[/atsimg]

Korn will boycott BP products on their upcoming tour to protest against the company's failure to control their oil leak into the Gulf of Mexico which has resulted in the death of unknown amounts of organisms in the region.

And the band are encouraging their fans and other artists to follow their lead.

Frontman Jonathan Davis says: "The daily images are hard to watch. We need to do our part to let BP know there are consequences for causing something like this.

www.rockradio.co.uk...

Wow!
Is this the first movement that will get media attention about the BP boycott?
I'm really happy a known group of people get this kind of thinking! We all tought of it here, yes. But we don't alot of influence on the outside ... These guys do!!

I hope Korn will lead a good battle toward people of BP!

"The most costly their punishment, the most money they will spend to make sure disasters like this don't happen again. It's plain and simple capitalism."

BP's share value has plummeted after repeated attempts to stem the flow of oil failed. The company's Deepwater Horizon oil platform exploded and sank in April, killing 11 workers, and since then oil has been pouring into the Gulf of Mexico, with independent experts suggesting BP are being conservative about the scale of the leak.

BP says: "The company is not aware or any reason which justifies this share price movement."

Whatcha think?

[edit on 10-6-2010 by jolois]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jolois

Cool, double thread post.

Which one do I star & flag?

Oh, well, I guess I'll do both just for kicks.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Boycotting BP is stupid.

In the US, the BP stations are franchises, owned by mom and pop type people. The one down the road from me even has a breakfast diner, and gives the local kids jobs in the summer.

Put them out of business, you are hurting the local people, the local economy, and doing nothing to BP. They can still sell their product to other stations.

It is just like California boycotting Arizona. They didn't think far enough ahead to realize the people they ended up hurting were the illegals working in Arizona - the very ones they were setting out to defend.

People don't think.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
reply to post by jolois

Cool, double thread post.

Which one do I star & flag?

Oh, well, I guess I'll do both just for kicks.

Ahaha thanks dude.. And yes sorry for double post ;\

@Libertygal.. I can see your point, but you wouldn't punish BP? You wouldn't punish them after all the *@&!* they did?

I would, even if it's hurting some people, sorry ,these people need to pay.
Soon or later...

[edit on 10-6-2010 by jolois]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Switched to other post......

[edit on 10-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jolois

I never said I was against punishing BP. I am against hurting people just trying to make a living and have purchased a franchise with the name BP on the sign.

I am all for punishing BP. But not at the expense of people just like you and me that are just trying to pay their mortgage and buy some groceries.

Do the math, on the amount of franchises in the US right now, you are talking about adding a lot of people to the Government teat. So in the end, the taxpayers are the ones that will pay *anyway*?

Like I said, people don't think.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Not only does a boycott harm independent businesses and small business employees, it is stupid for another - far more selfish reason.

If we collectively "punish" BP and the government punishes them with punitive fines BP will very shortly be run out of business and THEN WHO WILL PAY FOR THE CLEANUP that will likely last for at least several years, perhaps even several decades?

In case you don't know the answer to that simple question: The tax paying minority that's who.

So, punish away... but I would have to wonder how many of those salivating for their chance to wield the metaphorical lash are *actual* members of the tax paying minority.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Yeah I guess you guys are right about this...
But I still feel like someone needs to pay now...

Oh well.. that's a so akward decision the world has to take :\

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jolois

Eh, BP is going to pay!! But we need to make sure they stay in business to pay for the long haul. IIRC Exxon is still paining on the Valdez spill.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geeky_Bubbe
reply to post by jolois

Eh, BP is going to pay!! But we need to make sure they stay in business to pay for the long haul. IIRC Exxon is still paining on the Valdez spill.

Yeah I hope they will pay!
I have a feeling this will be a very "road"... but that's just me...

top topics

join