It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Yellowtail, Seals and Stingrays Littered a 30-km Stretch of Northland Beaches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Dead Yellowtail, Seals and Stingrays Littered a 30-km Stretch of Northland Beaches

newzeelend.wordpress.com

Hundreds of thousands of yellowtail as well as many seals and stingrays were washed up along Glinks Gully and Baylys Beach last weekend, eyewitnesses said.

“There were thousands, at least 30 kilometres up. It’s not on, there’s no other excuse. The smell was horrific.” An eyewitness said
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.northernadvocate.co.nz

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This is a shocker. 30km long stretch of dead fish and seals! Wonder whether this has been some kind of poisoning or some sort of natural phenomenon?

One link says the fish were all washed up because they were chased to the shore by larger fish......???? WHAT? 30km long stretch of fish and seals and stingrays? Can this happen?

newzeelend.wordpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

It could be underwater volcanic poisoning.

I have a constant concern about Mt. Taupo and the volcanic system.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Freaky, man i just posted about a whale washing up in NYC i think that this was a effect of the oil spill

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Good call. Has this happened before due to volcanic Poisoning?

A Taupo eruption would not be good at all. In history it has had one of the biggest eruptions ever recorded.

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
On that page under the article there is a link to this story...

From North To South, and East to West Deadly Poisons Are Being Washed Up on New Zealand Beaches

Maybe that's the reason for these dead fish?

CX.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Thats crazy but I remember observing a semi similar event in Miami. I can't remember what beach it was but in 93-ish I was combing the beach for shells when I came across a sea of hammer head shark fish. They were all pups...my family and I wondered how they died.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

There have been a few cases recently of poisons washing up, but the story you linked is from 2009. Unless there is something down there still leaking out poison from a while back.

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Ah cheers for that, didn't see the date.

Thanks for letting us know.

CX.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
if you look at the second link in the OP they say its not uncommon for locals, but for strangers it might seem alarming.

also how come only pic of these hundreds of thousands of fish and dead seals is just one little tiny thumbnail pic?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
www.nzherald.co.nz...

Beach poison will kill you in an hour

"If you put a slug in your mouth, you'd be vomiting and your entire body would be tingling.
CCID: 35167 | adwidth=300

"Within minutes you'd be paralysed. Your heart and lungs would shut down and you'd be dead within the hour.

I think someone is doing this purposefully. How could anyone think he can get away with this? This must be intended.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by abcddcba

Very strange indeed. I mean how can someone possibly find this on their local beach and not be shocked at what's in front of them?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This will only get worse, DEATH WILL BECOME THE BEACH NORMAL. Thanks BP. Shove a few more golf balls down there, maybe that will work. On a good note KEVIN COSNER who helped out this new inventor, it was said noone would buy his machinge to suck up the oil in mass quantities. WELL, BP JUST PURCHASED OVER 40 MACHINES TO CLEAN UP THE MESS.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
reply to post by CX

There have been a few cases recently of poisons washing up, but the story you linked is from 2009. Unless there is something down there still leaking out poison from a while back.

That is ONLY 8 MONTHS ago ... less than a year, and have tghere been any big storms lately?
( I won't ask about geologic things, you guys are always getting tremors.)

I have not read the whole thread .. but it says a CANISTER of FUMIGANT .. where there is one, there may be more ... if there are more ... and if this was/is deliberate, is it an OZ homeland security issue?

Fumigant ... odd stuff to drop in the ocean, esp one that reacts like that to water!!

The spokeswoman said that anyone finding a canister should secure the area without touching the container, and immediately contact the council or the Fire Service. The canisters which have been found are approximately 25 centimetres high and grey in colour, and the pellets are also grey. —NZPA

Same URL:
From North To South, and East to West Deadly Poisons Are Being Washed Up on New Zealand Beaches

Half a world away from the Gulf ... what the heck ???

new topics

top topics

join