It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting - Ontario, Canada, 2010:06:03 with pictures *legit*

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I am curious where you are OP? I saw something similar about a week ago. I am northwest of TO. But it was somewhere between 11pm and 1am, don't remember the time exactly, I was outside on the driveway.

What I saw was an object traveling in a southeast direction, basically toward Toronto from where I am. What I found curious was the speed, it seemed much faster than the satellites I have seen. And also travelling in a different direction than what I normally see.

One other thing.... its direction was somewhat of a curve, it did not travel a straight line

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
I am curious where you are OP? I saw something similar about a week ago. I am northwest of TO. But it was somewhere between 11pm and 1am, don't remember the time exactly, I was outside on the driveway.

What I saw was an object traveling in a southeast direction, basically toward Toronto from where I am. What I found curious was the speed, it seemed much faster than the satellites I have seen. And also travelling in a different direction than what I normally see.

One other thing.... its direction was somewhat of a curve, it did not travel a straight line

I'm in Burlington, Ontario, Canada, near the Highway 5 and Guelph line intersection.

What you are describing is similar to what I've been seeing. Do you have access to a laser maybe?

I find that green colour lasers work well enough (red might be too weak), and I use green when I'm watching the sky each time. I consider it a vital part of the observation equipment. Just make sure it's not a plane, but I don't think it's illegal to point lasers at satellites.

I just need more grounds for this, and it would be great if at least somebody co-operated in making a civilian mass-communication attempt using LASERs or possibly other forms of light.

If you have a night to spare, just go outside between 23:00 and 03:00 (don't miss sleep though) and just sit down and watch or something for a hour or two straight. Point lasers at what you can confirm as satellites or unidentifiables, and see if they'll respond to you.

I don't know your approximate location or anything, but my guess is that UFOs could be more common in Canada than people think. I'm sure if you really watch the stars on clear nights for enough time you're bound to see something eventually.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Svoboda]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Iridium Flare

Toronto, June 3rd, 2010, 03:06:15 , magnitude -8.

I'm considering this one case closed.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Svoboda
I know you want to debunk this so much, but this was not a satellite or the ISS.

You cannot know that because that is not my intention, that is what you think you know. I guess your mind reading skills are not working.

Standard satellites or craft would be too dim for my camera to catch them. This object was very bright, and dimmed before leaving the atmosphere.

We can see that the object was as bright as that star or planet that also appears in the photo, so if you can identify the star/planet we can know (approximately) the brightness of the object.

Even if this was moving at same speed of the ISS (I don't know speed really), my camera can not get that dim of light. My camera is very low quality, so the object needed to be emitting a very bright light in order to show up in these pictures.

A satellite with large solar panels reflecting the sun is reflecting a very bright light.

From what I could read about your camera, it has a "Starry Sky Mode" that allows for exposure of 15, 30 and 60 seconds, and even the normal modes could show dimmer objects if you use longer exposure times, although that would make a streak of light instead of a point and would definitely need a tripod or a very steady hand.

I've seen these craft before, mind you. They come in waves, and I usually can't photograph them. I was very lucky to get this picture. I usually have trouble even getting Venus to show up.

If you did not identify the object how can you know that this was the same?

Make some tests with your camera with longer exposure times(the maximum is 8 seconds in normal mode) and lower ISO settings (the lower the value the darker the image, but you will get less noise) until you find the optimal values for photographing stars. Once you know those values you can use them to photograph those objects whenever you see them, and not only you will get a better image you will also get more stars to help identify the direction and the length travelled during that time.

PS: some calculations based on the EXIF information (field of view=71.5º) gave me a 19 minutes time to orbit the Earth, if that object was on orbit. I haven't seen if that's a normal time or not for a satellite.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I didn't mean to make assumptions with regards to you debunking this, but I can assure anyone this was not lens flare or a sun dog or a standard satellite like the ISS. This craft appeared just before I readied my camera. The light it gave off I believe was caused due to gas in the atmosphere reacting to the energy of the craft, crating a sort of electrical plasma.

I thought at the time that the visible star was actually Venus.

I know it's not visible in the pictures, but the object was varying it's brightness levels. The object gave off a strong amount of light when I took the picture, and I recognised it was the kind of UFOs I saw before.

My camera doesn't have any special modes. The model I used has a minimum shutter speed of one second.

And I could identify the craft as the same, but that doesn't mean it was identified by nation or model. They're unidentifiable, but they're unique in their own way.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Svoboda]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Svoboda, can you tell us where these photos were taken more exactly? Which neighborhood? Also, what direction were you facing?

The fact that there was an iridium flare visible from that location at the time you provided, and the fact that these flares occur infrequently, and that many people are not familiar with what they can look like (I've never seen one myself)... all suggest that it probably was an iridium flare.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

Tearman, since the moon is visible in the photo, the location of the flare in comparison to it can be done.

Yoursky
puts the moon at 21.5° altitude and azimuth 129.3°. The flare occured at altitude 41° and azimuth 140°. Thus, the flare was above and to the right of the moon at that observation spot. Just as it is in the photos.

Pretty conclusive that the light in the photos is indeed the Iridium satellite.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I didn't mean to make assumptions with regards to you debunking this, but I can assure anyone this was not lens flare or a sun dog or a standard satellite like the ISS.

Well, as you wrote "I know you want to debunk this so much" that looked like an assumption, but lets forget about it.

My camera doesn't have any special modes. The model I used has a minimum shutter speed of one second.

The EXIF data says it's a Panasonic DMC-FX35, and this site shows it has having several modes.

And I could identify the craft as the same, but that doesn't mean it was identified by nation or model. They're unidentifiable, but they're unique in their own way.

That shows that we have different opinions about what identification means.

To me, a light that behaves in the same way as another light that I have seen before doesn't mean that I can identify that light as being the same as the other, it only means that they look the same and have the same behaviour, but I cannot know if they are the same or not.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

After reading your post, I looked through the settings and found the mode you were talking about; I didn't notice it before. At least now I got a tripod so if I see any more I might get better images next time.

I'm not a pro either, I'm just trying to establish that they're ubiquitous among the stars at night.

That and there's been quite a few lame hoaxes lately, I'm just trying to establish some credibility here.

Tearman: +43° 22' 39.75", -79° 50' 23.72" facing East Southeast.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Svoboda]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Svoboda

Thanks for the exact coordinates, Svoboda. Your location drops the magnitude of Iridium 55 down to a -1, but that's still brighter than Vega, the star visible at the top.

The time and position relative to the moon and Vega still confirm the identity, though.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Why'd you post these as UFO's yet your claiming that they are nothing else but alien spacecraft? You nor I or the people here know what exactly they are but you shut down everyones guess as what they can be. Did they IM you and say "Yo dawg look at me all up here in the atmosphere and shizzle! Did you see Scarlett and Sandra kiss yo?!? Imma fly around in my ship some mo!" Im buzzin...i love this site haha!!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RaymaNcouldbe
Why'd you post these as UFO's yet your claiming that they are nothing else but alien spacecraft? !

I meant that the technology was alien, but it could have been under human control. These objects can correct their trajectories artificially.

With regards to flares or anything like that: I'm talking about a glowing metallic sphere high in the atmosphere. The one in the picture is much lower than what I usually see of the altitude of these craft. The light wasn't being reflected, it was being generated.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Svoboda

Svoboda, I hope this clears things up. It shows side-by-side, part of one of your photographs, and the predicted location in the south-eastern sky for the flare from Iridium 55 at the time and location you specified.

Your UFO is exactly in the right spot at the right time to have been the flare from Iridium 55.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Tearman]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave

I live in Florida and I had I guess just the opposite experience.

The object I saw was amazingly bright. About the size of a basketball. It drifted down from the sky and I lost track of it before it reached the ground.

Not trying to hijack the thread but it seems many of of are seeing a lot of bright objects in the night sky around the same date and time frame. Maybe it is just coincidence or we are just more aware.

More info on my sighting at:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

I"ll take your research into consideration. I could be mistaken, but I still hold my opinion that this was some kind of alien probe, because of the colour really.

I'm going to start waiting up to see the ISS, to compare.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Tearman

I'm going to start waiting up to see the ISS, to compare.
Can I suggest something more? You can visit heavens-above.com to find predictions for when future Iridium flares will be visible from your location. Why not plan on viewing a few of these flares to see if they look anything like what you saw. Heavens-above predicts visible ISS passes as well.

Oh, one more piece of information. If what you saw was Iridium 55, it should have been moving up and to the left. Details: www.heavens-above.com...

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Tearman]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join