It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man claims earthquake over 9.0 to hit San Fransisco

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

He reminds me of the dumb guy in Full Metal Jacket who goes nuts.

Either way this kid will hav to live with that video for the rest of his life, once online it never goes away

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Don't start turning this thread in to something it isn't. We here at ATS are a community we do not I repeat do not take the mickey out of disabilities so please go and peddle your stirring stick somewhere else.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Poor lad is probably right too.

Imagine that. Out of all the entries for "prophet of the year" this guy wins it!

Worse still, because he was right, the survivors elect him their new leader.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
reply to post by Signals

Don't start turning this thread in to something it isn't. We here at ATS are a community we do not I repeat do not take the mickey out of disabilities so please go and peddle your stirring stick somewhere else.

You obviously haven't read the whole thread...

When you speak for all of ATS please read it first, it sort of makes it more legit.

Peddling a stirring stick? Hell, those can be had here for FREE, why would I try to sell one???

Turning this thread into something it isn't? What exactly is it, then?

It was created for the sole purpose of making fun of a guy with an obvious disability.

Is this acceptable on ATS now? If so, that's really disappointing to me...

"Move along Signals, I assure you we are not making fun of RETARDS here"

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Signals]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Golden Gate Collapses!!!!

9.1 Sumatra earthquake

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

It's nice to know that ATS has become a place where we can make fun of the mentally challenged while denying ignorance..

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Hey, is this the thread where we make fun of retarded people?

I have a 12 year-old with a condition very similar to this (I'm guessing Autism, some have said Aspergers, but we have never received an exact "condition" name to call it) Anyway, she's obsessed with fire alarms and emergency vehicles and personnel. Sometimes her and I chuckle about some of the goofy stuff she comes up with....because she can see some of it's goofy. Would I let her make a video like this? Maybe, if she understood the ridicule that would come with it.

It's pretty disappointing to read some of the comments here though. People in general, suck.

OP, you can still fix this thread...

HOW ON EARTH DO WE KNOW HE HAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH HIM ?
He might just be at it, a bad actor.

This is why I said "I dont know what to make off this"
and fix this thread how ?
I am sure if an admin thought something was wrong, they would act.

It is what it is, a video, and nobody knows if he is at it, or ill or just playing the fool. If I thought for 1 second the lad had some mental disorder I may not have posted it. If San Fransisco falls into the sea, then It was worthwhile posting.

Get real, nobody is poking fun, its a funny video
Lighten up.

[edit on 11/6/2010 by shauny]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
MOD NOTE

Please stay on topic and discuss the earthquake claim and not the messenger of the prediction.
Further rude remarks will be removed.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Not got much to add but he has a you tube channel here.

www.youtube.com...

Sorry but this just gets to me in a way i can not explain.

You could check out some of his other vids if you think there is something to this me i do not but would be strange if he actually did call it.

This was entertaining if nothing else.

Keith

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I dunno.... I feel it is getting down to crunch time.... tied up all my loose ends..... prepared in every way I can...... just waiting now.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Nice modding Jimbob.
I fail to see how my post was off topic. I stated he was probably right and that i was going to check out his other vids. Which i did.
My post was no more offensive than any other that is remaining in this thread now or the OP's. So lol is offensive these days?
I realise many people here have no sense of humour and reported posts but just shut the thread down instead if it's that big a deal and not remove all it's content.

Your post was so far off-topic, after our staff has announced that discussion must remain on-topic, that we had no choice but to remove it.

Really? 4th post in and not a mention of any staff announcing anything.

It's alright though you will remove this post as well.

Anyway in the interest of keeping this post revelantish here is another vid seemingly about a puddle.

It seems to me he is very interested with the weather and maybe thinks there is a correlation with heavy rain and earthquakes. At first i thought he was a budding weatherman wannabe and funny but now i think he has more of mind for it and feels a soaked ground may be a cause of earthquakes.
I don't know just trying to keep my post on track.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by pazcat]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Well Mellisa i can see what you mean there.I too as a lot of other's just have this feeling that something big is about to occur.

Or is that just paranoia a little too much ATS possible but one can never tell there is so much happening right now that anything is possible lets just hope its nice if anything at all.

Keith

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Come on mods, at risk of this post also getting deleted,

this is ridiculous.

The OP has smileys in it and is laughing about the whole deal. Check the youtube vids, they have hahahahaha written above them.

Either close the whole thread, or don't remove the replies that are in the same nature as the OP, wich is being tolerated.

Be consistent.

Sorry OP.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

I agree in part this is the most suspect and ridiculous Prediction since Blossom Goodchild but its hilarious and i think the mod's are doing a fine job as funny as it may be he just mite be the one to get it right it's a funny world after all.

Keith

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Now I feel terrible. I thought the guy was just having a few laughs. Does it say somewhere on his profile he's autistic or did someone discover his condition through alternate means?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
What would an earthquake of that size do to surrounding states? Since I'm in "Origone" (he's not the first/last to pronounce it that way), how would it affect me?

Seems like a generic prophecy...

CX

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mishmashum
Now I feel terrible. I thought the guy was just having a few laughs. Does it say somewhere on his profile he's autistic or did someone discover his condition through alternate means?

I don't think it says that he is, but when you have seen people with conditions in the autistic spectrum, it's quite easy to spot in a person.

That said, we are not always correct are we.

As far as not discussing the lad is concerned, i think that is a good call if people are clearly taking the mick....however....as has been already pointed out, if he does have Asperger's then there's the possibility of this just being one of his obsessions.

Sometimes they get it right, and often they do not.

Some people with Asperger's are great at copying what they hear too, whether that be in sentences they hear or what they read in books and on screen. I know people like this who sound like they could easily work in a hospital as they appear very knowledgeable when it comes to medical terminology.

Unfortunately it's very much learnt and copied though without the understanding behind it.

This lad may well have just read all this stuff, including the earthquake prediction off the net and repeating it as best he can.

I think the only way to take this thread further is to politely get in touch with the guy and ask him where he got his information from. Maybe a comment on his Youtube channel or something.

At least then we'll know whether this is worth discussing further or not.

CX.

[edit on 12/6/10 by CX]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
As comedic as it may be...

I have a bad feeling about this one.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join