It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US NORTHCOM Gears Up For Potential Attack On U.S. Soil?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

US NORTHCOM Gears Up For Potential Attack On U.S. Soil?

beforeitsnews.com

USNORTHCOM admits that they are preparing military operations within the United States. This is the first time in history this has been done. They will be working with DHS, state and local law enforcement on U.S. soil.

The focus of this operation will be in our back yard. This ORI is planning on defending against enemy attacks, supporting civilian authorities with fighting an unconventional foe in the U.S.
(visit the link for the full news article)

theintelhub.com...

www.northcom.mil...

[edit on 9-6-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This story has to do with the buildup of troops in Louisiana. makes me wonder about those national gaurd call ups we were talkin about week or two ago.

“For the very first time, the U.S. Air Force has validated a unit’s wartime capability to defend the homeland by fighting an enemy right here on U.S. soil,” said Col. Greg Nelson, the commander of the Kentucky Air National Guard’s 123rd Airlift Wing, which served as the lead organization for the ORI.

Unlike traditional ORIs, in this one the participants were tasked with supporting civil authorities while fighting an unconventional foe in the United States. In the past, ORIs have typically required units to deploy to simulated overseas bases and defend against conventional military forces.

“I’m pleased to say that all three units passed this new test with flying colors,” Nelson said. “We are ready to perform our mission of theater airlift anytime, anywhere, whether it be in support of our allies abroad or here at home in defense of the United States of America.”

This could be huge!!

beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Another ``martial law`` training to go after militias or whoever oppose the government when ``austerity`` measures have to be taken because the country have been taken over by the IMF or the dollar collapse.

Or Israel attacks Iran and a draft is called for...

There's several scenarios that could give the US government the excuse to use troops to actually arrest whoever they have on their lists.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

NORTHCOM went on to say that the drill will be in the Gulf area. They antcicipate no infulstructure and extreme weather conditions.

It's going to be a DRILL!

Hello? Wouldn't you prefer that are prepared in case of an emergency?

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I suggest you take a good long look at the history of the USA and (false flag or no) see how many times 'JUST' DRILLS BECAME THE REAL DEAL.

Calm people.
Be calm. Prepare. Pray.

peace

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Maybe they are secretly planning to use a nuke to stop the oil spill. That would explain the troop mobilization in that area. So many people would drive down there to protest against the use of a nuke to stop the oil spill.

second line

[edit on 9-6-2010 by St-Patrick]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Thank goodness...

This is something I've been concerned about for a long time. For the vast majority of history, we have played a role in the world which indeed "fights them over there, so we don't have to fight them here" However, as world scenarios change, it's important to be able to properly not only have pre-emptive defenses such as missile shields etc, but full on capability to throw off an attack on our soil.

This indeed is what the National and Coast Guards are supposed to provide, but given the number of miltiary engagements we are currently in, our National Guardsman and Reservists are being tapped harder than ever.

In this situation, it makes sense to ensure that the homeland defenses are not weakened as the number of national guardsman and reservists are being called to other potential theatres.

As a Proud American, I am very happy this is goin on...

[edit on 9-6-2010 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm sure they happen all over the country on an annual basis, so that agencies can be prepared.

Are they supposed to sit around knitting, instead of practicing?

Here is some information that you might find interesting. The article goes on to show how frequently drills are done, with the article stating that they have actually been scaled back. It also lists the dollar amount spent since 2005 on these types of drills.

www.securitydirectornews.com...

FEMA administrator Craig Fugate has acknowledged concerns about the large-scale exercises, but said officials are committed to other kinds of drills, particularly those conducted without notice.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

[edit on 9-6-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by silo13

I'm sure they happen all over the country on an annual basis, so that agencies can be prepared.

Are they supposed to sit around knitting, instead of practicing?

No offense, Blanca, but your ignorance is shining brightly through in your post.

The reality is that we are about to witness a major increase in austerity measures and government control that will be unprecedented. This is the reason that you will soon see US troops patrolling on US land.

Things you can look forward to in the next 12-18 months:

1. Increased Taxes
2. pension and retirement funds taken from the people, then consolidated, reorganized and redistributed by the government.
3. Loss of 1st amendment and 2nd amendment rights.
4. Travel restrictions

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFelt

No offense, Blanca, but your ignorance is shining brightly through in your post.

The reality is that we are about to witness a major increase in austerity measures and government control that will be unprecedented. This is the reason that you will soon see US troops patrolling on US land.

1. Increased Taxes
2. pension and retirement funds taken from the people, then consolidated, reorganized and redistributed by the government.
4. Travel restrictions

And I mean every offence when I say that your fear mongering is showing through! Just because you think your a prophet of doom, doesn't make you one! Are you sitting with a pen and paper to check off each of the items on your list as they happen?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

reply to post by HunkaHunka

As an a sheep, shill, and government apologist, I am very happy this is going on...

Here, I took the liberty of changing your last statement for you. Do you have a golden ticket?

I bet you don't, so wake the F up.

as a nutjob foil hat alex jones sheep i am blabbing about nothing

:]

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Neocon4life]

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Neocon4life]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I suggest you take a good long look at the history of the USA and (false flag or no) see how many times 'JUST' DRILLS BECAME THE REAL DEAL.

Calm people.
Be calm. Prepare. Pray.

peace

The day of 9/11 the "REASON" F-16's did nt intercept in time was due to confusion if it was a DRILL as they did the same DRILL recently.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Ok since everything is surfacing and in our faces, i have one question to ask:

*WHY?*

iF THEY ARE GOING TO DO THIS AND ITS OUT IN THE OPEN, THEN I WANT TO KNOW.

aNYONE?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

reply to post by HunkaHunka

As an a sheep, shill, and government apologist, I am very happy this is going on...

Here, I took the liberty of changing your last statement for you. Do you have a golden ticket?

I bet you don't, so wake the F up.

Your statements are correct, but your attitude isn't.

I'm not sure when it is going to happen... I can't agree with the timeframe.

But I'm not saying it won't happen soon.

As well, it's not fear-mongering to know what is going to happen and tell it like it is. Some call it prophesy. I call it paying attention.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Question for those of you that know about the inner workings of US military. How usual is it to have leave canceled after it had been approved?

I haven't really found an appropriate thread to ask this in and I don't really have enough to start a thread.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
Question for those of you that know about the inner workings of US military. How usual is it to have leave canceled after it had been approved?

I haven't really found an appropriate thread to ask this in and I don't really have enough to start a thread.
They dont cancel a planned leave unless a unit has a surprise deployment no t meaning war just a deployment and the person has a critical needs skill

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

That is what I was afraid of. I say this because I have a friend that is a medic. He had leave scheduled for 2 weeks around July 4th. My wife and I were planning a big party for him. I found out yesterday that his leave was canceled and he "might" be home for Christmas. I don't have anything more than that nor do I know what reason he was given for his leave cancellation. Of course it could mean nothing but I still worry for him.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by janon]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

1. Increased Taxes
4. Travel restrictions

And I mean every offence when I say that your fear mongering is showing through! Just because you think your a prophet of doom, doesn't make you one! Are you sitting with a pen and paper to check off each of the items on your list as they happen?

I'm not fear mongering, if you can't handle the truth, then that's your problem.

I think however, that you have some major misconceptions about what is actually occurring.

But just to play along, please point out for me one thing I stated that isn't true. These weren't just pulled from the old proverbial hat, they are actually documented measures that will be in place soon.

Here are some links to help you on your path to enlightenment:

Lot's of tax hikes coming in 2011

The government wants your retirment

The government has plans for your 401k

Small Arms Treaty with the UN

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Thanks for the information. I have read them, and they are all speculation, based on options the government might be looking into. None, not one of the things on your list per previous post, are shown to be set in stone, based on any of your links.

I'll agree, it's nice to have a heads up, but as for your links, until any bill regarding the things you listed gets a vote on it in congress, I don't see any of them happening in the time frame you listed of 12-18 months.

Sorry to rain on your fear mongering parade.

That Political Chips link, was particularly obnoxious, in my opinion. Garbage!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join