It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency drills may close Chicago-area roads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Emergency drills may close Chicago-area roads

www.chicagobreakingnews.com

A massive emergency response exercise is scheduled for the Chicago area beginning Sunday.

The practice events spread over five days will include a simulated commercial airplane crash, a simulated rail car evacuation and a simulated terrorist attack.

Road closures and detours are possible in the Chicago area.

"It is a full-scale exercise, so residents can expect to see emergency responders looking and acting as if this was a real homeland security/domestic response mission," the Illinois Army and Air National Guard said in a press release.

The exercise will begin Sunday with a si
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It appears that the powers that be are gearing up for the next major event. Starting this Sunday and continuing for 5 days. They will be staged as follows:
Sunday - Major airline crash.
Monday - Staging of the guard at Toyota Park and command center establishment at Soldier's Field.
Tuesday - Simulated meth lab raid in Bensenville.
Wednesday - CTA rail car evacuation and SWAT simulated explosions.
Thursday - Another take down event in Bensenville and simulated explosion of Nalco chemical Plant.

www.chicagobreakingnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Simulated explosion of Nalco plant.

Nalco, the same company that makes Corexit which is the dispersant being used in gulf oil disaster.

Interesting.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this, I haven't heard anything about these activities being planned until I saw you're thread

This is something that I would expect our city officials to make us aware of well before the fact. But then again what can we expect from Daley

I'm gonna have to make sure and tell my son about this, he works right there where they're planning on doing the raid on a simulated meth lab.

I wonder why they are doing so much of this in Bensonville

I also wonder if there is a specific reason behind all of this type of training right now. Although it is the time of year when the Guard does it's yearly extensive training.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Since Las Vegas turned them down on being the host city for the exercises, I guess they had to rely upon their close Chicago connection. As you know, it just so happens that Bensenville is directly adjacent to O'Hare airport. Very busy area!

[edit on 9-6-2010 by sentinel007]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Weird, this guy in my class is in the national guard, three days ago they told him to drop everything and report for duty. It might be nothing, but it's something to keep an eye on.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the post, I had no idea this stuff was going on. Maybe I should take the wife on a little romantic road trip, to check this stuff out...

new topics

top topics

join