It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US tests bio weapons on citizens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This is not breaking news. This has been out there for years. Just search youtube. There are many government films out there.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1

Wait.....what???

Does anyone have access to this supposed report? I figure this would be huge news!!

I request that members here help me find this report, if this report is true and this Dr. is actually a credible source and not a pawn this could be Huge.

I don't know about this particular report, but absolutely, we used to do this all the time. They didn't use actual war agents, but what they thought were atypical non-pathological bacterial strains. The sorts of things they could detect by growing out cultures, that you wouldn't normally see, which didn't (they thought) cause actual disease.

One of the things they used in, I think, San Francisco was Serratia marcescens, because it has a VERY easily recognized appearance in a Petri dish. At the time, they didn't think it was the sort of thing that you could catch, but unfortunately marcescens is one of those things you can't easily fix if you DO catch it, and you can, although generally only immuno-compromised individuals got it. So if you had AIDS, or were on immune suppressants for transplants, or if you had leukemia and were neutropenic, you could in fact get it and then you'd most likely die.

I don't know what they use these days for that function.

I do know that in certain areas of the country, DC for one, and there are a few others, that they test the classified biowarfare agent detection systems by tossing a very carefully engineered plastic compound into the air. The plastic particles are designed to have the same weight and size as the spores, viruses or bacteria they're supposed to simulate. It's very expensive.

A few years back there was a pretty large demonstration in DC, we had some giggles at the thought of taking a bag of tularemia simulator to the top of a nearby building and causing a happening while the city was too packed to evac. We managed to restrain ourselves.

<< 1   >>

join