It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Will It Be? Death's Law of Three...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Who could I be?
Here in this tree...
Pondering now victim three.

I haven't read the full thread yet...but I'm of the belief we've seen the three. I think the first was Tony Randall, then Reagan, then Ray. All I can say is...I'm glad that I saw Ray Charles in my life because it hurt me horribly today to see he had passed.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
1st Death: Ronald Reagan aka Ronny Raygun

2nd Death: Ray Charles

3rd Death: Ray something, or something Ray

Tony RANDALL

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Losonczy
I haven't read the full thread yet...but I'm of the belief we've seen the three. I think the first was Tony Randall, then Reagan, then Ray.

I think we just figured that out like 30 seconds ago.

Good job.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by Losonczy
I haven't read the full thread yet...but I'm of the belief we've seen the three. I think the first was Tony Randall, then Reagan, then Ray.

I think we just figured that out like 30 seconds ago.

Good job.

Sorry...I hadn't gotten to that post yet. Great minds think alike. I think that's the 3.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm rooting for one of a few family members. LOL. There I will let that be my insensitive moment for the night :-)

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
randall, reagan, and charles were all in the entertainment biz... I think that each threesome has to have something in common besides the sound of their names... like vocation or relative stature.

Since Randall was almost a month ago...

I'm still betting that there's one more to go...

(God forgive me for replying to this thread)

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
randall, reagan, and charles were all in the entertainment biz... I think that each threesome has to have something in common besides the sound of their names... like vocation or relative stature.

Since Randall was almost a month ago...

I'm still betting that there's one more to go...

Well, last night I was sufficiently satisfied (or rather creeped out) realizing Tony Randall rounded out the three.

But now, I'm inclined to agree with you and consider Randall may be part of the previous trilogy rounding off Estee Lauder and Alan King.

Dead People Server...

Estee Lauder (entrepreneur) -- Dead. Cardiopulmonary failure. Died April 24, 2004. Born July 1, 1906. Created and marketed high quality, expensive cosmetics Obituary

Alan King (comic/producer) -- Dead. Lung cancer. Died May 9, 2004. Born December 25, 1927. Borscht belt comic who was a common figure on TV, particularly on Friar's Club roasts, bit part as a golfer in Sunshine State IMDB

And you're right, the sound of the name or those types of similarities aren't supposed to have anything to do with it. The third to Reagen/Charles probaby won't even be in entertainment.

[edit on 11-6-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
What about the Taco Bell dog?

Heehee

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by nutzobalzo
What about the Taco Bell dog?

Heehee

Nutzo

I'm with Nutzo...it's definately the dog

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Tony, Reagan and Charles

Three no more

They Ruled Cinema

TRC

Tony, Reagan Charles

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I am going to guess Billy Graham(sp). Hope I am wrong. Actually I hope its no one.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I feel that Tony Randall was the first of that particular triad: Randall, Reagan, and Charles.

I think the Pope's death will coincide with the end of the summer, in perfect symmetry to Reagan's death at the beginning of the summer. I believe in the law of three, but also in the law of symmetry--that a death will "open" something and a related death will "close" something.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
One more thought -- it would be interesting to see someone do a research project where they go back through the celebrity obits and locate the "triads" of celebrities...to see if this law really bears out. I may do it.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay
One more thought -- it would be interesting to see someone do a research project where they go back through the celebrity obits and locate the "triads" of celebrities...to see if this law really bears out. I may do it.

Sounds useful!

A celebrity is someone who is famous for being well known.

And a celebrity must die as part of a triad of celebrity deaths.

It follows that there is a universal natural law underpinning this.

I am so pleased to have been enlightened once more on this important subject matter!

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Masked Avatar,
The law of three is an urban legend that even people with no inclination to read message boards like ATS are aware of. I work for a semi-conservative company where whenever a celebrity dies, people will ask: "well who are the next two going go be? there's gotta be three, ya know!" Where did this "triad" theory come from? Why does it seem to have such a wide appeal? Is there anything to validate this theory? It seems there might be -- why not do the research and see if there is any pattern? I know that a pattern does not automatically prove anything--but it sure is interesting. Obviously there are some ATS people interested in this topic--or else there would not have been so many posts, and so many people reading the post--including you, I might add.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well if we're going to talk about the superstition and not just speculate on the next victim, then I'll say this...

The mind can't even recognize an order to anything without there being at least three in a given set. It's the minimum to a series, or anecdotally the smallest amount of legs to support any "table" or theory.

Yes, you can go back through the dead people server I posted links to earlier and count off every third death as being "proof" if you like, but it's less proof of anything than just how the human animal thinks and perceives the world around him IMO.

I think it's just a given that when presented with any two new pieces of data or information, that we either speculate on the eventual third to come, or simply wait for the boot to fall and reorganize it as a "set" in hindsight.

So this being the predictions forum, who's next? Someone is. It's guaranteed. And though there will be no real correlation to the previous deaths in any true causal effect or even obvious relationship, we will draw correlations nonetheless. It's what we humans do Masked Avatar. How do they do it where you come from?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join