It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Census 0 - US Citizen 3 (Current Score)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

The census doesn't ask for your SS # or income level.

Southern Guardian, It's called cherry picking. I'd rather hear someone speak out against the Constitution than USE it when it's convenient and toss it aside when it isn't. :shk:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

I love the attitude of some people. "Yeah, I gave that census person a piece of my mind and sent them packing!"

Big. Freakin'. Deal.

Do you feel like a real man by busting the balls of some dude that's probably being paid minimum wage to go door to door and collect this info?

On the weekend, do you go to the VA hospital and bust the balls of the wounded?

Some people need to get a life.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

100% wrong in my case.

They asked for both sets of information regarding those questions. I told them I would only provide the number of people in the household, she wrote it down and said another census taker would most likely come by and ask the same questions again. Been about 3 weeks since that happened and no one has come back yet.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

100% wrong in my case.

They asked for both sets of information regarding those questions. I told them I would only provide the number of people in the household, she wrote it down and said another census taker would most likely come by and ask the same questions again. Been about 3 weeks since that happened and no one has come back yet.

Probably because they wanted to steal your identity. If someone came to your door asking for SS #s, I would report them to your local law enforcement.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Wow man...way to go!
You cost your area about 1300 bucks per year in lost revenue, since it's based on the population. Not to mention you are costing us all in taxes when we have to hire these workers cause you won't send your junk in like you should. If you have kids, they might be in an overcrowded school.

You are aware that the us postal service has some records of who lives at what address.

If you made a town, you could just make a sign like:

WELCOME to ASSHAT
pop. 0

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by brainwrek

The census doesn't ask for your SS # or income level.

Southern Guardian, It's called cherry picking. I'd rather hear someone speak out against the Constitution than USE it when it's convenient and toss it aside when it isn't. :shk:

I have to say that on this one, you obviously have no clue what you are talking about.

While I had no problem filling out the original Census form - the one with the 10 questions - since almost anyone I talk to can figure out that information about me within a few minutes - what most of you FAIL to understand is that THAT form is only the first part.
Many people - myself included - have received the supplement entitled - The American Community Survey - it has the same penalties attached to it and comes from the US Census Bureau.
Google up that title for yourself - but good luck finding all of the questions.
So if you want to pick nits maybe someone can say that the Census doesn't ask for your income - but this form does - it is Question # 47 and I will detail it in a bit.
And I have to say that it is waaaay more intrusive than the forms I fill out for the IRS also.
Let me briefly pass through this form and Educate some of you before you embarrass yourselves even more

Persons 1-5 Name, Sex, Race

Housing - Type, When Built, Selling Agriculture from here?, any business here ?, how many bedrooms, running water, toilets, stove, refrig, how many cars, type of fuel for heat, cost of electric last month, cost of all fuels last year, monthly rent cost, what do you think it should sell for ?, estimated taxes on this property, cost of Fire and Flood insurance ?, are one of you the mortgage holder?, monthly mortgage payment?, do you have a 2nd mortgage on it?, more about your taxes.

and ohhh, it gets sooo much better - - -

Now it goes back to asking these questions about persons 1-5 again:
state born in, citizen?, gone to school in the past 3 months?, what grade level?, highest completed grade level?, list your majors if you have a degree, speak more than English?, how well does this person speak English?, where did you live a year ago?, do you have health insurance and what kind? deaf?, blind?
Now this has to be one of my Favorite ones - (since 1 person can fill out this form for up to 5 other people) - - -
Question # 18 a. Because of a physical, mental, or emotional condition, does this person have serious difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions? (unless you are a shrink - you are not qualified to answer this question in a court of law - so don't think you can now)
18.b. difficulty walking or climbing ?
18.c. difficulty dressing or bathing ?
19 difficulty doing errands alone such as visiting a doctor or shopping
Plenty more coming now - - - marital status change in the past 12 months?, when last married?, given birth in last year?, grandkids live here?, how long has "this person" been responsible for their grandkids?, ever served active duty military?, when and where - which wars?, VA disability?, disability rating?
Did "this person" work for pay last week?, WHERE? - asks for the exact address, how did you get to work?, how many people in the car?, WHAT TIME DID THIS PERSON USUALLY LEAVE HOME TO GO TO WORK ?, how long does it take to get there?, layed off?, looking for work in the last 4 weeks?, could you work if offered?, did you work 50 weeks last year?, how many hours each week?, exactly what type of business do you work for? (a list is provided), Name of company/employer, type of biz activity?, what type of work do you do?,
Finally up to question # 47a Wages, salary, commissions, bonuses, or tips from all jobs. (these are for numbers - not yes or no)
b. self employment income
c. interest, dividends, rental income, royalties, estates or trust income
d. social security or railroad retirement
e. supplemental security income
f. public assistance or welfare
g. retirement, survivor or disability pensions
h. Any other source of income
48. Total income for the past 12 months.
And now it starts over for persons 2-5

Please pardon me if I mistyped anything in my haste, but I get rather infuriated when I see people get on here and say things that they have no freaking clue about.
Especially when they try to turn this toward a person’s politics (SG's comment like it is a "conservative" thing) just makes it that much more outrageous.

It starts with the 10 question Census form - but this form is a travesty and I can only hope that every one of you that think we shouldn't keep the gov't in check on this, receives one of these "American Community Survey's" in your own mail.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JustTheFacts

I was really hoping I would get one of these, but I didn't. Figures, I didn't win the lottery either.

I recognize the sociological significance of the ACS, other people don't. They don't understand why anyone would be interested in the information that's requested, how it affects the general medical history of the country, or the financial situation on the community level. In some cases they don't choose to obey the law, but, whatever. I'm not the one that will be fined or worse for some righteous cause or experiment in individual sovereignty.

Just answer the questions and stop hating America.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom or Death

you do realise they have to count the number of members of a household and refusing to tell them I think is a 5,000$ fine to not answer. but all the other stuff you can state you take the 5th. at least that is what I did.

Miranda Rights - you have the right to remain silent
Census: head count to see how many representatives go to Wdc.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
Nothing wrong with giving a head count, but the census has no need to know the social security number of myself, my wife, or my son. They have no need to know our household income for any reason.

I have no problem giving the number of people living there, but names and other personal info arent needed.

Yeah, you do not want the government knowing your social security number or how much you make. Thank goodness the IRS and SS Administration are private entities not related to government at all or else the government might have this info already and your paranoia about putting it down on a census form may be pointless.

Oh....wait.

Then again, the fact that they do not ask for those things kind of makes what you said even more confusing. So you do not want to give the government information they already have but do not ask for. Got my vote.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustTheFacts
I have to say that on this one, you obviously have no clue what you are talking about.

While I had no problem filling out the original Census form - the one with the 10 questions - since almost anyone I talk to can figure out that information about me within a few minutes - what most of you FAIL to understand is that THAT form is only the first part.
Many people - myself included - have received the supplement entitled - The American Community Survey - it has the same penalties attached to it and comes from the US Census Bureau.
Google up that title for yourself - but good luck finding all of the questions.
So if you want to pick nits maybe someone can say that the Census doesn't ask for your income - but this form does - it is Question # 47 and I will detail it in a bit.
And I have to say that it is waaaay more intrusive than the forms I fill out for the IRS also.
Let me briefly pass through this form and Educate some of you before you embarrass yourselves even more

Nope. Afraid it would be you that does not know what they are talking about this time. You may have gotten them together for some reason but they are not part of each other or the same thing. The ACS is a completely different survey that is sent out monthly, not every 10 years. If you do not like the questions on it, that is one thing but to claim that you protest the Census because of questions on the ACS makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom or Death

What exactly is your reasoning?

Specifically, what is the evil in the census?

What can it be used for that you object to and how would that happen?

Can you please explain with specifics what it is you are protesting by wasting tax dollars and depriving your community (family + friends) of basic needs?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I am starting to be of the opinion that some members in this thread are overly paranoid individuals. They are seeing conspiracies where none exist. They are taking an innocuous questionnaire, or visit from the Census as a tell tale sign of a one way ticket to a FEMA camp.

To me it would be hilarious to see grown people act in such an absurd manor, especially knowing that some of those same people are purported supporters of the United States Constitution. It would be akin to watching a grown man throw a temper tantrum in the middle of a store.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by denynothing

It is basic information "they" already have,
"they" just want confirmation.I am NOT
complying!
Ten years ago I would have sent it in like
a good little citizen.This day and age,no
way.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Why?

Especially given that you understand that the really important agencies already have this information, what is your reasoning now?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Because, I don't want to that's why.
I have a bad feeling about this census.
I will say how many live here but that's
all.
I haven't had a census taker knock on
my door in weeks.Both times they were
here,I was out once,the other time I didn't
hear the doorbell.I was downstairs on my
computer.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This is one of the reasons why I don't trust the census.
This information,in the wrong hands could spell disaster.

www.opednews.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Because, I don't want to that's why.

That is solid 3rd grade reasoning at its finest right there. Do you honestly believe that is an answer to anything? You my question is still - why don't you want to? I have to believe you are an intelligent adult who realizes how silly and childlike that answer seems especially when logic carries itself out to the inevitable - question remains, just different phrasing now.

I have a bad feeling about this census.

Can you explain it?

I will say how many live here but that's
all.
I haven't had a census taker knock on
my door in weeks.Both times they were
here,I was out once,the other time I didn't
hear the doorbell.I was downstairs on my
computer.

Tell you what, if you plan to respond to me and still not actually respond to anything I said, do not bother.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

This is one of the reasons why I don't trust the census.
This information,in the wrong hands could spell disaster.

www.opednews.com...

Explain to me how having GPS coordinates of your house does anything. Also, explain to me why they need census workers or to bother you at all to do that.

Have you sued google streetview yet?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

The nazi's used the census to track down the jews
during WW2.They(nazi's),changed the census to a
racial profiling.
I stand by my feelings about THIS particular census.
I admit that I am not the epitome of mature woman
hood.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

The nazi's used the census to track down the jews
during WW2.

They also used IBM to track down the Jewish people along with the other groups they were hunting at the time. How goes that IBM boycott?

They(nazi's),changed the census to a
racial profiling.

You think that is what is happening here?

Who would be the target this time?

Who is keeping count?

What part of the government would be in control of census to genocide transformations?

I stand by my feelings about THIS particular census.

I am not trying to change your mind. I am trying to understand it. You seem to be the only one willing to respond to the question of "why" although I am not sure I feel it has been any more productive than being ignored was.

I admit that I am not the epitome of mature woman
hood.

As long as you know how "Not gonna cuz I don wanna and thats the only reason i need to give!" come across.

Thanks for at least taking the time to try and answer. Apparently you believe in it at least that much more than the other pseudo patriots here.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join