It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hey y'all! new gal from mississippi here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hey! I've been visiting this site for over a year and finally decided to join! I'm excited about learning new things and making new friends

So here's a little bit about me...I'm a 22 year old girl from Mississippi. Laughing is one of my favorite things to do, and I usually consider myself to be a pretty happy person. In December I will graduate from nursing school. I don't know what kind of nursing I want to do, but I love labor and delivery, surgery, and the ER. I guess I'm a blood and guts type of person haha. I also really enjoy working with psychiatric patients.

The main reason I joined this site was to learn more about the oil spill in the Gulf. I don't live on the coast, but I live close enough that Hurricane Katrina caused significant damage to my town. We didn't have power for at least a week after Katrina. I want to know if a future hurricane could pick up the oil in the gulf and how far that oil could be spread. I try not to worry about things, but I also want to be prepared if something does happen.

I'm also interested in ghosts. I haven't always believed in them, but I have personally seen and heard strange things in several antebellum buildings in my town.

I guess that's about it for now.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
hi Miss
welcome
blood and guts?
some of our wounds are self inflicted so you don't have to worry about first aid...
second or third aid will do

hope you like it here and hang out lots

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Hey whats up look forward to seeing you around! Till then!
Flag to get you started!

XxRagingxPandaxX

[edit on 8-6-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

[edit on 8-6-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Howdy from a fellow Mississippian. Welcome to enlightenment (unless you believe everything you read)

Enjoy.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hello fellow southerner! Welcome! A very nice mod , most likely Sauron, is about to show up and tell you that you don't have enough posts to start a thread

But don't worry that's just how it works, glad to have ya .

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hi there, I look forward to hearing your input on the oil spill threads. I started a thread about the oil spill and the upcoming hurricane season, titled: Oil Complicates Forecasts On Hurricane Season Eve. I'd love to hear your input on it. Here's another flag.

--airspoon

[edit on 8-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Welcome, you will find out lots of info here, sometimes a bit too much
It gets even more addicting once you have joined.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Welcome aboard I'm sure you will enjoy being a part of the community more than being a lurker

If blood and guts is your thing you picked the right profession, I have a friend who is a nurse and she never spares the gruesome details when she tells her work horror stories

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Welcome aboard girl, from one southerner to another! Enjoy your time here.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
just listening to jeff rense
benzine way high vegetation dying.
toxic rain on cars in texas
oil on fishing gear
where there shouldn't be oil yet according to the Gov.
hush money paid
threats to the rig crew

sounds like the dispersant may be worse then the oil

if true...you'll most likely know first on ATS

discussing how the EPA said the WTC air was safe and it wasn't
and the support is non existant for them now

tourism is dead

what happens when the mexicans get the oil deth on the beaches?
are they going to head north to LA...arizona

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
welcome aboard or on the board (i think that makes some kinda sense) from the west coast!

hope ya have a good time here and dont get razzed to much.

stay safe and much love

oh ya if ya need anything let me know.. err i mean one of the more experienced members know! lol (lol ERR dosnt get flaged by spell check trip on that)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hello, and welcome from one southerner to another......stuck in Idaho at the moment

Look forward to seeing you around Ol Miss

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mississippi_smile

Welcome to ATS beautifuls. You remind me of my mother. She's from the South and really wishes she could go back. How is Mississippi?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Welcome Mississippi. After you graduate if you do choose working with psychiatric patients your membership here should give you much remedial training in that profession. There is nothing that a future patient will tell you that you will not have encountered here first.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mississippi_smile

Welcome to ATS mississippi_smile! I'm not sure about the questions you posted in your introduction but I sure hope that doesn't happen. Out of curiosity are you anywhere near NCTC?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Thanks everyone! Y'all are so nice
I have to admit I feel a little overwhelmed though; this site is huge! Jackflap, I've never heard of NCTC. Is it a school? ManBehindTheMask, Mississippi is great right now. Very hot and humid right now though.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Mississippi girls rock! welcome! I have friends in mississippi and am really concerned about the disaster myself. this site is the greatest for finding things out a week before the main stream media reports them, so i've felt more on top of what's going on due to ats and i take it from your post you probably feel the same. well, i'll talk (or post) with you soon.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Hi , welcome aboard .

I was born and raised to the east of you , many moons ago . ROLL TIDE !

Enjoy your stay here , and another flag to get you started . And I ain't gonna whistle Dixie for ya !

top topics

join