It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Physicist Describes Vast UFO Cover-Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

"Some UFOs are intelligently controlled extraterrestrial spacecraft, and this is the biggest story of the millennium."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b14fbe8723ad.jpg[/atsimg]Nuclear physicist Stanton Friedman has devoted more than 50 years to pursuing the scientific truth of UFOs, and was the original civilian investigator of the legendary 1947 Roswell, N.M., incident.

These words are not the rantings of a deranged individual looking for attention or a comfortable straitjacket. Stanton Friedman is a maverick of sorts. Employed for 14 years as a nuclear physicist for companies like General Electric, General Motors, Westinghouse and Aerojet General Nucleonics, he worked on highly classified programs involving nuclear aircraft, fission and fusion rockets.

In 1958, UFOs caught his attention, and Friedman has since lectured about this subject at more than 700 colleges and professional groups in all 50 states and around the world. "After 53 years of investigation, I'm convinced we're dealing here with a cosmic Watergate," he told AOL News. "That means a few people within major governments have known since at least 1947 that some UFOs are alien spacecraft."

"There's been no shortage of strong, negative proclamations from debunking groups and individuals who refuse to examine the evidence ... to support the notion that some UFOs are of extraterrestrial origin." Friedman cites many cases of UFO encounters experienced by competent, reliable eyewitnesses, including one involving Japan Airlines.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fdbf18bbba7e.jpg[/atsimg]One of the most credible sightings of a UFO in history is from a series of images taken aboard the Brazilian ship Almirante Saldanha on Jan. 16, 1958. The Saturn-shaped object was witnessed by the ship's crew and several scientists. The UFO approached the island, making a steep turn before flying away quickly. Juscelino Kubitschek, then president of Brazil, confirmed the authenticity of the photos.

"A 747 over Alaska encountered something that was twice the size of an aircraft carrier, that flew circles around the jet. They reported it to the ground, where both the UFO and the 747 were picked up on radar. "The explanation from debunkers was that it was Jupiter! Boy, airplane radar can pick up Jupiter? It was totally ludicrous. You're fighting the forces of 'evil,' one might say -- arrogance and ignorance."

While some scientists through the years have quietly suggested Earth has been visited by ETs, Friedman is the most outspoken. He's especially irked by the attitude of scientists who use radio and optical telescopes in the search for extraterrestrial intelligence, such as the SETI Institute in California.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a6a7b6f7619.jpg[/atsimg]
One of the best UFO pictures ever taken, this object was photographed by Paul Trent over his McMinnville, Ore., farm in May 1950. A subsequent Air Force investigation determined that "an extraordinary flying object, silvery, metallic, disk-shaped, tens of meters in diameter and evidently artificial, flew within sight of two eyewitnesses."

How exactly would one go about obtaining a flying saucer? One way is to just wait until an otherworldly vehicle develops some mechanical problem and simply crashes to the ground. Roswell, N.M., comes to mind. In July 1947, something crashed outside the small town that, according to the initial official report, was a flying saucer. Authorities quickly changed that story, claiming it was merely a weather balloon that had fallen from the sky.

Thirty years after the Roswell event, Friedman met military personnel who were involved with the events of 1947 and he says they eventually stepped forward to advance the account of a crashed spacecraft and dead alien bodies. Because of Friedman's dogged determination, the Roswell UFO legend was born.

Flying Saucers and Science: Stanton Friedman

Source: www.aolnews.com...

I like this guy and his determination. I am sure someone at ATS will disagree but that is all good with me as I have no idea to his history. On the face, he seems dead on to what I beleive when it comes to UFO/Aliens.

Not to mention he was one of the origianl civilian investigators at the Roswell site. I am surprised he is even alive, and not having been bumped off by the M.I.B's or the Aliens living in our midst.

Well UFO experts. Is he legit? Can his words be trusted? or is he a nut?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
There's another topic about this right on the main page.

Still good work and nice find.

I find this very compelling. Maybe both threads can be merged?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

A good place to discuss the biggest cover up in history is here:www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

Thank you for the heads up. I made an alert to the Mods.

It happens.

Thank you again. Take care.

(I also suggested the other OP get the 3 flags I got here
)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Stan Friedman still waving his blacked out pages of documents? According to him, the blacked out parts are all about Alien UFOs. But really, the blacked out parts could be about a lot of sensitive information unrelated to UFOs. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, I guess. He's a big believer in aliens.

But in the decades that Friedman has been waving around his sweaty pages, he still hasn't come up with the absolute, sure-fire, undeniable bit of evidence that link UFOs with aliens of any kind. It's all circumstantial conjecture.

Now, maybe somebody in the government who knows told him the real poop. Or at least what Friedman believed to be the real poop. But Friedman hasn't seen fit to tell anybody about it. So much for the "truth," I guess.

All that time and effort. And we've basically still got nothing.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Is there anywhere I can view the rest of Stanton Friedman's speach ?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Closing duplicate topic. Lee63, please re-ask your question on the other thread "Cosmic Watergate" one...

top topics

join