It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fourth Wall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This was a night like any other for Vincent Rellington. He liked to take a walk with his Beagle Pringles after dinner. Tonight he had pork chops and apple sauce, his favorite. So he was awfully put off when he realized there was a giant insect like creature following him. "What the f-" Whoa, whoa buddy you can't say that here! "Huh? Who said that?!" Huh? This can't be happening... Hello? "Yeah, I can hear you... Who exactly are you? God?" He swallowed. "The Devil? And why do you narrate everything I do?" Um, well you see here's the thing. I'm a writer and you are a fictional character I'm writing a short story about. "Oh... Well I don't think I like that idea. Tell me, what was this story going to be about?" Well I figured alien insects would inva- "Stop!" Huh? What's wrong? "So you were just going to make an alien invasion happen on our world just for your sick amusement?" Well I never thought of it like that. It's just a story. "Just a story? Just a story? Well for all you know I could have kids and what not!" Well I wasn't going to go that far back into your past. "Oh? And why not?" Well, you see, Vincent, Vince? "That's fine." I was going to um... "Kill me off weren't you?" Uh, yeah. "Great, just great."

"Um, guys?" The seven foot tall insectiod chimed in. "Yeah, that's getting annoying. Look, are we going to do this whole invasion thing or... Cause I'd like to hit up a pizza place on my way home if not, we kinda eat all the lifeforms on a planet when we invade."

"What? Is he serious?" Yeah, I was going to make them eat everyone. Like locusts? "You are a very sick man." Look I have no idea how you can even hear me. "Oh? So that would make it all right for me to be some cockroaches supper?"

"Hey! I'm standing right here dude." Look, Rodney."Rodney? You were gonna name me Rodney?" Look, that's neither here nor there I'll get to you in a minute. "Whatever, I'm eating his dog then." He reached down Grabbed poor Pringles and ripped it to shreds, eating it.

"Pringles! You sir are twisted" Hey I didn't eat your dog man. "Yes but you could have stopped it. You could put me on a tropical beach somewhere sipping a Mai-Tai but instead you have Jimminy Cricket's mutated cousin eat my beloved Beagle!"

"Again, bro, I'm standing right here, no more bug jokes please." The bug-dude was getting Antsy "Oh, not you too."

Fine, you only had him for three days. "Hey! You can't do that to me... Oh, well that's actually better." Your welcome. "That still does not excuse the fact you are willing to kill off an entire world for some short story no one will ever read." You don't know that. Suddenly a rock hit Vince in the eye. "Ouch! You evil evil man!" Who says ouch after getting hurt? "You made me!"

"Um, hi, guys?" Rodney raised his hand, or rather, claw. "Space alien? I think I know what happened." Oh do you now? "We can travel interstellar distances and we are just bugs." Good point, please continue. "Now, I think somehow there is a breach in the fourth wall." The Fourth wall in fiction? "Yeah, like how Ferris Bueller talks to the audience?" How do you know who that is? "Never mind that now."

"What are you people talking about!" Vince was on the verge of a nervous break down. I was surprised he was handling this so well thus far. "Why can't you just write Vince walked home and Rodney left. The end?"

"He can't do that Vince. It would create a larger rip in the fourth wall. Soon, all fictional characters would be aware of the fact that they are essentially slaves to some crazy guy at a desk." I'm sitting right here... "Sorry. The only way to close this breach is to destroy the universe of it's origin. Ours." Vince fell to his knees, sobbing. "I could eat you first?" He weakly shook his head no. "Oh, very well." So... how should I do this? How does one destroy a universe? "Have George Lucas make prequels?" Zing! Oh, I got it. The whole universe buckled, shook and crunched.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Ummm... sorry, but, is there a point to this?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by vyrox

It's a short story. I figured that was point enough. I guess not enough for some people.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
OHHH.... Sorry.
My fault on that one.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Zorzenon

Whoooooosh! How trippy! I giggled the whole way through. Thank you for brightening my day (the weather is lousy here).

Favourite quotes:

"What the f-" Whoa, whoa buddy you can't say that here!

The bug-dude was getting Antsy

All the best.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jeanvaljean

Thanks
. Glad you enjoyed it. It was quite difficult for me to write a short story with no expletives. All the rest of my work the F bomb features prominently, but I wanted to put up one up on here.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I don't want to be a star and flag whore but... Please? I only posted this for people on here to read it cause this is the greatest source of minds I could find, (regardless of the tea baggers and beckiods). And, I'd like some new readers to my site. And, yes, I used "and" at the start of a sentence. Suck on that.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Zorzenon

I seriously liked the way you made the interaction between the writter and charecter's seem very real.Very interesting way to do it.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KrillsAngelWings

Thanks a lot. I kinda forgot this was on here lol. Hopefully I can write another one with no curse words in it (not likely) and share it on here. If anyone is interested in reading more of my work send me a message and I'll give you a link to my site. Hope that doesn't count as advertising!

edit on 11/17/10 by Zorzenon because: My damned shift button...

top topics

join