It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would your flag look like?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I have thought of this but never set out to create one.

I just threw this one together, so I can't say it is definitive, but its what I will submit.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33a15fb22ef1.jpg[/atsimg]

The Colors:
Blue- strength
White- purity and freedom
Red- sacrifice and bloodshed
Black- oppression and tyranny

A golden Phoenix rising (continually) to become a shining example (star) to the world.

Layout:
-The triangular field of blue: a three sided shape is the most simplistic stable a shape can be. Much the same way, the three branch government (executive, legislative and judicial) should remain in balance and simple.

-From the bottom, a field of black represents the oppression that a people must have experienced to inspire and lead them to freedom. The red is the blood that is spilled to gain freedom, and sacrifices that are made. The white is the ultimate freedom achieved, and centered in the flag for it is the path and way to be strived for. Above that is the red of blood that is spilled often preceding a coming oppression, which is displayed above as a warning that things may repeat unless care is taken to stay on the path of freedom and righteousness. edit: The red fields are wider than the black, because (for the bottom) more blood is spilled and greater sacrifice made compared to the narrow band of black (the few elite) who oppress. The above field of red is larger because the people will often tolerate a great many evils before realizing they are lost and action must be taken.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It would be pink and pink only. Pink is for aceptance and universal love for me. Everybody has to wear pink.
And everyone who does not wear pink is killed! And our pink tanks will invade other countries that haven't pink flags!

Yeah...I would be a really good leader *dreams*

[edit on 30-6-2010 by -Thom-]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I wouldn't have a flag. Flags sort of tend to give people hangups. I'd have a national tree and plant them everywhere. To remind us life and the planet is important too.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join