It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Souls?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
If you save off your soul patch, will your soul escape through the hole?

Can anyone give me their personal definition of soul as I am wondering how different various members would define it?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
If you save off your soul patch, will your soul escape through the hole?

Can anyone give me their personal definition of soul as I am wondering how different various members would define it?

This 'definition' is kind of what I'm trying to discover. If a soul can be defined, it takes a huge step towards knowledge of its existence.

What do you mean by soul patch? What is the hole that the soul is escaping through?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I believe if the the mind were a vast world, the subconcious is a continent...The soul is your higher self, residing within this space.
So I conclude the soul is part of the mind and the mind is a free entitiy of the body.

The soul is the "bird" that can be let go and come to return. I prefer the word spirit because it sounds more like a free entity. The spirit or higher self is energy in a vibrational state--energy which we are not aware of unless we are visiting the subconcious continent, for this is where the bird resides.

Awareness of the subconcious allows one to free the bird to learn, see, train for things we would have no other opportunity in this life to confront.
We can access anything in the world through the eyes of the bird.--But it is the mind that filters and interperets the input and turns it into knowlege and wisdom.

In the event of death, the body dies and then the mind dies, The bird is set free as a ball of energy which eventually disipates and becomes one with all other things--All other things being the greater number 1.
All things and energy eventually combine to form the greater number 1 and concludes the contraction of energy as matter space and time.

remeber these are opinions dont blast me here.
Kristine

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
i personally believe that everyone has a soul, and that your soul is your concious (spelling ?). ALSO, i would like to add that reincarnation, like the little kids saying there like ww2 casualties and they have all kinds of information on the person and stuff, i guess can be a way of proving there is a soul. just a thought

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Why do you all assume the body would sweat, do you think everyone who dies runs a fever. As for body fluids and excrement the study I heard about, the bed with the patient in it was on weights, and at the moment of the death each of the patients lost weight at that moment, I doubt sweat would evaporate that quickly as for body fluids and excrement, it would stay in the bed with the patient and even though the patient might pass it, the weight of it would still be there since the entire bed was being weighed.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxKrisxx
I believe if the the mind were a vast world, the subconcious is a continent...The soul is your higher self, residing within this space.
So I conclude the soul is part of the mind and the mind is a free entitiy of the body.

The soul is the "bird" that can be let go and come to return. I prefer the word spirit because it sounds more like a free entity. The spirit or higher self is energy in a vibrational state--energy which we are not aware of unless we are visiting the subconcious continent, for this is where the bird resides.

Awareness of the subconcious allows one to free the bird to learn, see, train for things we would have no other opportunity in this life to confront.
We can access anything in the world through the eyes of the bird.--But it is the mind that filters and interperets the input and turns it into knowlege and wisdom.

In the event of death, the body dies and then the mind dies, The bird is set free as a ball of energy which eventually disipates and becomes one with all other things--All other things being the greater number 1.
All things and energy eventually combine to form the greater number 1 and concludes the contraction of energy as matter space and time.

remeber these are opinions dont blast me here.
Kristine

I can kind of see something in this. Am i right assuming that our thoughts and memories are some sort of energy? On death, I would have thought that this energy would have to go somewhere rather than just disappearing (correct me if I'm wrong)

I quite like the idea of the soul becoming one with the universe, it's a nice, unselfish thought.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Thats what I mean. The energy of the m ind must go somewhere. I beleive when it no longer has the body, it continues on to a greater place to become a greater 1

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Perhaps our "soul" is the energy we are made of, since that's really all we are (at least, thanks to Einstein, we can think in those terms). Some is in the form of matter, some in the form of heat, some even in the form of electricity. When we are born, and as we grow, we collect energy from our surroundings, indeed from the universe itself. When we die, we release that energy. Is it possible that energy has a "memory?" Now we need to know the fundamental makeup of the universe. What is matter made of? What is void made of? All deep questions that science is trying hard to answer.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by amantine

Even if the dying person lost that weight in sweat urine or excrement, wouldn't those materials still be on top of the scale??

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by red_leader

Sweat would evaporate though so unless you kept the dying person in a polythene bag, you wouldn't be able to weigh it. A good way of hastening their demise though

top topics

<< 1   >>

join