It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Aliens Use Money?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Aliens certainly don't use Earth dollars. Someone will remember that and get it.

I always assumed Aliens had advanced way past money. They now all get whatever they need as long as they work for the benefit of their species. You know some sort of weird, galactic-style communist paradise.

Either that or their government grew so big that every alien citizen works for their government. They wouldn't be as materialistic as us, but what they do want they are allowed to have and share with everyone else.

Who am I kidding, their economy probably collapses just like ours does when the price of resources change, which is why they are constantly looking for new planets full of resources to exploit. They too suffer as economic slaves under the money monopoly where the wealthiest 1% of the species holds 95% of the money.

Greed is universal.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Of course aliens use money, the trouble is that they don't have any.

That's why you see all these aliens, fresh in from Mexico, serving Big Mac's and French Fries in the fast food restaurants of Texas, Nevada and California.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Hey Blackout. Aren't you using Doomsday Rex's avatar? Or are you one and the same? Enquiring minds would like to know.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Yeah I thought that was who it was...
Sorry blackout...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
If we all have the same God it is feasible that the currency of aliens the same as ours here and that is effectively and for all practical purposes good deeds, good will, good works.

It isn't any advancement of the self we can control or monetary accumulation that will last beyond a scant hundred years of life so what might be valuable for all dimensions and "places" where life is present except that which causes a positive impact on that life?

Sometimes, especially lately, I have thought that all the bad or evil in the world is just a great lot of opportunities for human beings to gain salvation by drowning them all in pure love, faith and kindness. Hardship is opportunity to help others BECAUSE this is the only way you will get into heaven.
Instead of complaining and locking your doors - get out and repair the injured in the world.

Aliens might be transcended earthlings.
So the currency would be the same.

Good deeds (selfless acts of kindness) may very well be the universal currency or else God doesn't exist at all the way a great many religions portray and depend upon.
Indeed they have already invested time, lives and blood in a heaven lined with gold. I hope they are right - at least it would make a cruel world make sense.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 30_seconds

If aliens are physical beings they will likely need some kind of economy to manage their resources and work (if they are non-material its hard to say). But will they need to use money? Perhaps not. If they have sufficiently advanced technology to travel to our star system (or cross over from a parallell universe) it seems likely that they will have reached a state of post-scarcity (en.wikipedia.org...) and may therefore have no use of money.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join