It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Aliens Use Money?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Do aliens use money? Simple question.

If you think they do, please explain. If you think they don't, how do you think they run things? Would like to hear your best guesses...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
According to Ken Bakeman some of them get hooked on drugs, just like some people, & yes they would probably want money to buy drugs with.

Perhaps to buy off or employ humans with for the more 'establishment' types.

Money is just a manipulative element that displaces us from ourselves.

It is sort of like we think we are not [the best of] ourselves without [enough, too much] money. We become more preoccupied with acquiring money than with who we are in the first place.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by slank]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
If they are advanced enough I wouldn't see the need for any type of currency. They probably have robots doing all the work. In an advanced society there would be no poverty only equality and peace.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I've never heard any abductees, experiencers or contactees ever talk about the type of currency the beings they encountered exchanged for goods and services, nor have I had any conversation (telepathic or otherwise) on the subject with anyone that could know, so I'm going to have to say I have no idea.

I could speculate, I guess. I mean, part of me says "no, they don't use currency" and the other part says "yes, just a more evolved version". Then there's the diversity of other world cultures to take into consideration, so yeah, I'm sure a large percentage of them do. I bet the more evolved races (the ones that have conquered time-space and can actually visit us) use something else. But who knows for sure?

My answer: Yes and no

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
IMHO, they dont use money because they dont follow the concept of ownership. No entity would lay claim to a certain bunch of atoms being strictly theirs, the only thing they really own is their own body. Without ownership, why have money?
If they see themselves as one, believe in oneness. Then they realize they are just one being experiencing many different facets of themselves. Other people are other selves, they are you (infinite consciousness) having a different set of experiences through a different body. Hence one would treat others as they wish to be treated because others are a different part of them. Harming others is indirectly harming the self, taking from others is taking from the self, and helping others is helping the self.

If their philosphy was such, then all would contribute to the society for the love of wanting to help, all work would be volunteer. It would be far more efficient than competition in this dog eat dog world. Due to work being volunteer people could do what they are gifted or skilled at, or help out where they feel society needs something done not where the money is. Think about no money or effort being wasted on things like advertising, no work is done to put a leg up over other, rather all work is beneficial to the others as well as the self. Working in unison they may find long work weeks a thing of the past. Sharing of all means no rich elite and no starvation or poverty. They would be immensly wealthy with very little effort, the slackers would do little to such an efficient system, and having grown up in a world where all is given to them for free and the people are so kind they would naturally feel they want to give a little back and guilty about being only a taker, if they followed the philosophy they would see slacking is actually hindering themself.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
What kind of "aliens" are we talking about? Illegal aliens? Or outer space aliens? As far as I know, we have yet no proof of outer space aliens right? Therefore, how do we determine if an unknown being is using money or not? Help me understand please.

If its Illegal aliens we are discussing, yea they use money and it is sent down to Mexico to stimulate their economy down there. Therefore the mystery of whether or not they use money since it disappears out of the country when they get it.

Illegal aliens we are talking about right?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shine71
Illegal aliens we are talking about right?

Yes, of course he's talking about illegal aliens. On a site like ATS, in the 'Aliens and UFOs' forum, when a guy starts a thread asking if aliens use money, 99.99% of the time he's talking about illegal aliens. That's just fact. I've gone over the numbers with a team of engineers, so the math is legit.

It's the conclusion I come to every single time and I'm never disappointed.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
If they don't use money, you'd think they'd at least use a bartering system of some sort. If you want something you have to give something... Do animals use money? I had to find out.

I think bartering/money is natural in a finite world. The question is, do aliens have scarcity like us? Or do they have "replicators" that can create whatever you want out of thin air using radiant energy a la Star Trek?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Aliens are Illegal Immigrants.
You must be talking about world wide bloodline families who can change appearances from being totally human descriptions in human form pupils can change shapes some people love too wear eye contacts
long tounge sometimes sharp teeth.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
of the 3 species out of 57, I am aware of a insect like existence where
no one owns anything. but all is provided - and they have it all - but they own nothing. and like bee's if one doesn't make it back to the hive - they do not send out scouting parties or anything - its an accepted loss that was unavoidable. but I dont think they have a soul like humans do.
they seem to be missing that part of existance.

and this is all hear say from a guy who listens to that sort of stuff.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 30_seconds

If you think they don't, how do you think they run things?

Money is only useful in a system based on scarcity, and in which individuals are not able to procure for themselves the things they want.

For example, do dolphins have any use for money? No. If they want food, they simply swim around and eat fish. If they want to play, they do. Money serves no purpose. There's nothing to buy, and other dolphins aren't producing things they they want but won't give them.

So, if aliens have a society in which individuals are easily able to provide for themselves what they want, there would be no need for money.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

If you watch the sequel to "What the bleep do we know" called Down the rabbit hole it makes a strong case that we have souls and animals don't, based on our brain structure... But I doubt that, because I know animals love... You can see the spark of life in them, so I think they must have "souls".

On the fence here on that one.. and terribly off topic.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I very much doubt aliens have money. It seems fairly acceptable to assume that any alien culture that has developed enough to travel throughout the stars has moved beyond the stage of wanting to anihilate their fellow aliens, and grab anything worth hoarding.

My assumption is that aliens have long since discarded the need for money, and have evolved a sense of community. Whereby they work for each other, and share the fuits of their labour openly and freely.

Now that would truly transform our world into a much, much better place.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
TextI think that aliens would have no need for money, considering that if they made it here they would have some pretty serious tek! So then they would probably have everything they needed on these ships. That or they are visiting us to use us as barter. They started in with the cows, then abducting us, and next they may just want our water......opps, they are to late for that one! (BP)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This thread has changed my thought pattern.

When I think of aliens, lets use greys as an example, I think of a unified species all on the same wave-length traversing the cosmos for information or resources for their whole race.

It is quite possible that greys are similar to humans. Their society is fractured like ours and is ruled by seperate governments with different culture, ideas, language, etc than their brother and sisters on other parts of their home world. Perhaps the greys that visit earth represent a government or an idea then rather an entire race.

It's actually quite facinating to think that maybe their society mirrors our own. Different classes, perhaps the lower classes are labor'ers who actually build and assemble their space craft that the government employed greys use to come here. Hahaha perhaps there are slacker grey's on some community talking about the "pinks" "blacks" and "yellows" and their societies.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by zealotus mask]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Shine71

start quote (sorry, quote feature not working on sisters computer!)

"What kind of "aliens" are we talking about? Illegal aliens? Or outer space aliens? As far as I know, we have yet no proof of outer space aliens right? Therefore, how do we determine if an unknown being is using money or not? Help me understand please."

end quote

The OP has posed a very interesting question which requires you to think outside of the box. I have to help you out of the box to help you understand. Hold my shoulder and put your foot on my knee. You can get out that way! lol

Me, I have no idea but if I were to give an answer I would say money is only a placeholder for "things" and has no value on it's own. Any advanced race would devise a way to skip this useless step to obtain desirable objects or experiences...I tend to think.

*spell check is on the blink too

[edit on 7-6-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I'm going to go with yes.
Theyve been using money to rule and control humans for all of recorded history.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think maybe they use a credit system. Not like ours, where you have to pay money plus interest back. But perhaps they get credit just for doing things. Playing sports, making music, art, maybe all of these of some sort of credit value to go towards progressing whatever they want to do. I would also think a lot of trading, actual trading of physical goods that is, goes on, as well as many services being available for absolutely nothing.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
No, they are not. And they are not "bartering" either. At least the ones who are capable of coming here....

Let me clarify: Aliens who might be coming here are advanced to a point where energy is free. No, that doesn't violate any laws of physics ;-) Quantum Physics discusses openly the amount of energy that seems to be contained in the vacuum. Tapping into it wouldn't violate anything

The Aliens will also be highly advanced in other areas. Over all, they will have the ability to create things for free, because the energy is free.

Abundance is the result. No need for money. Everybody gets what they need. Everyone enjoys life and contributes whatever they can.

Unfortunately, too many humans are just not ready to accept something like the above, for various reasons that could spawn an entire thread right there...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I would said no they wouldn't use money.

If they do, they probably handle it better. Depending on the ET civilization I guess I'd have to suppose.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join