It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surge in Spirals

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
You know what I find fascinating it's the fact that we have been launching rockets since the 1940s, why is there a recent surge, making crazy spirals in the nights sky?
How many rockets explanation is going to take to keep the people fooled?

C'mon, seriously - spiraling rockets!?! How stupid do they think people are?

Oh, wait.....nevermind seems the the Spiraling rockets propaganda is working.
Just wondering anybody keeping count on how many spiraling rockets have taken place so far?

[edit on 7-6-2010 by magestyk7]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
they happen all the time in test firing. should google it or something.

the only difference is they dont make perfect spirals like the norway spiral that occured.

there have been many accounts of spirals? ive seen one that actually had proof. show me a photo or video of all these spirals popping up. heard of 2...seen 1. now is that really a surge..?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Mate, epitaph.one, as much as i am totally on your side here, you best prepare to get smashed in this thread haha...

People are none too keen on considering the spirals as anything but the after affects of military rocket tests fires. At least this is the current trend. There are entire threads dedicated to debunking the spirals as nothing more than rockets.

The threads have some solid info, but it does not equate to proof in my eyes.

The Norway spiral was just one of many. We all know bout the Aussie spiral from this weekend (which i missed on seeing by a lousy 30 mins - if only i partied an extra 30 mins i woulda been walking home and seen it!!!!). There has been spirals in China and Russia as well i think. I heard somewhere that the Aussie spiral was number 12 (sorry, cant recall where i heard it)

I posted part of the below in a similar thread which i will repeat here due to its relevance...:

As for evidence of spirals being more than just rockets. Check out Kiesha Crowther. She has accumulated much ancient wisdom and has an interesting take on spirals - tho spirals do not form the basis of her work.

To quote one of her passages on spirals regarding the meaning of spirals to different cultures:

Kelts + Noors = "All universe" "Eternity" "Goodness"
Romans + Greeks = "of the gods" "the one" "oneness of the soul"
Aborigines = "all things that are glorious"
Islam = 'spiral' used to denote 'holy things' that cannot be written "holy"
Africa = "womb" "great mother" "goddess"
Orient = "beginning of all life" "where gods come from"
India = "the one" "female" "sexuality" the fibonacci sequence
Hopi = "the sacred ones" "all living things" "the journey of everything living"
Mayan = "seasons" "Solstice" "circle of life - all life"
Polynesian = "immortality"
other = "all energy" "all consciousness" "great spirit"

So were all these cultures over millennia seeing rockets in the sky? I doubt they were. Though if they were then we have a MUCH bigger story here to discuss haha

Just take ALL possibilities and stop writing things off as impossible. The only impossible thing is life is that which WE LABEL as such. We create the limitations.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Yeah rockets spiral, they just kind of tend to do that when they fail

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one

the only difference is they dont make perfect spirals like the norway spiral that occured.

there have been many accounts of spirals? ive seen one that actually had proof. show me a photo or video of all these spirals popping up. heard of 2...seen 1. now is that really a surge..?

Lol, you should google all these spiral then if you only heard of 2.

Aug 2005 China
Dec 2009 Norway
Dec 2009 Russia
Dec 2009 Utah
Dec 2009 Mexico
Dec 2009 Nebraska
Jun 2010 Australia
May 2010 Canada

What I dont get is why now?
Sure rockets failed in the past a few time here and there BUT NOW all these rockets failing and making these spirals ALL THE TIME.

It's like a new gimmick. I think the engineers who designs these things are saying. "Hey guys if this thing fails lets make sure it makes a nice spirals for the camera. It will look cool."

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If rockets did this then swamp gas reflected off jupiter and made that masive light "impact". The real mystery is this, did the swamp gas come from the swamp???? Or Obamas @$$.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I am with the OP on this one. Failing rockets..... I won't hold my breath.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hello magestky7! This issue has been thoroughly analyzed in a couple of other threads. I learned quite a bit from the info provided by maybe...maybe not, Phage, and Tauristercus. They provide evidence of this occurrence happening since the 80's.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I like Crowther's angle too, so I remain on the fence in hope of something more mystical happening, but honestly, I am leaning towards the rocket notion after objectively reviewing all the evidence.

Peace

[edit on 7-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
We should consider it as such;

A Spiral made the big news, the one in norway I mean. Because it made the big news people are reporting spiral like phenomena more quickly. If we filter out hoaxes and fake reporting as well as failing rockets I think there are only a very few real spirals.

Now, I wouldn't like to drift of speculating, but if I had a Rapid Particle Collider in another dimension and I was looking for null vortex (microscopic black holes that appear when the LHC is active at more then 7 TeV) then my Rapid Particle Collider would cause an inverted null vortex in the dimension i was probing resulting in a spiral for a very short instance.

Well, if that were the cause then we should see an increse of real spiral sightings from this year onward, but considering we will also see a big increase in hoaxes and false positives it will be hard to tell that someone really want to break into our dimension.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestyk7

Originally posted by epitaph.one

Lol, you should google all these spiral then if you only heard of 2.

Aug 2005 China
Dec 2009 Norway
Dec 2009 Russia
Dec 2009 Utah
Dec 2009 Mexico
Dec 2009 Nebraska
Jun 2010 Australia
May 2010 Canada

Sure rockets failed in the past a few time here and there BUT NOW all these rockets failing and making these spirals ALL THE TIME.

It's like a new gimmick. I think the engineers who designs these things are saying. "Hey guys if this thing fails lets make sure it makes a nice spirals for the camera. It will look cool."

What I dont get is why now? Sure rockets failed in the past a few time here and there BUT NOW all these rockets failing and making these spirals ALL THE TIME.

Its happening now because everybody and their brother has a camera, and most of the people owning a camera are connected to everybody else online, so when events like these take place and it is witnessed by a good number of those people they jump online to tell the world about it. News travels fast nowadays, in the past say before 2000, it would of took a few days for what happen down under or in any case in any part of the world to reach the rest of the world. The same question is being asked about earth quakes and other events volcanoes etc, its not that they are picking up in numbers, its just they are starting to be reported more due to everybody being connected. You could clap your hands in Australia get it on video and have it sent and seen around the world in a matter of minutes.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

First, the effect of fuel clouds and orbital rocket firings has been reported since -- well, since satellites began getting launched.

The early cases weren't
a) video recorded, and b) posted worldwide,
because
a) people in the 1960s didn't CARRY videocameras around with them, and b) Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet.

Pictures, sketches, and descriptions have been published since at least the 1970s, often in UFO books as 'genuine UFOs' with no attempt to 'solve' them (too inconvenient). Some spectacular ones were seen over Russia in the 1967 'wave', and over southern South America during specific Soviet space launchings beginning in the 1970's. The 1980s saw more, as new countries entered the launch business -- a Japanese rocket caused the spectacular spiral over the eastern US in 1987, the one that Dan Aykroyd claims to have received a telepathic invitation from.

The question shouldn't be 'why now?', but rather, why for decades world ufology failed to recognize the prosaic causes of this particular type of 'faux-UFO', or covered up (or mocked) the explanations if they did. People who trusted the ufologists and their TV programs and websites were saps for the coverup, and accesories after-the-fact to their own deception.

And, defiantly and stubbornly, many still are, if recent posts are any example.

Now, your tongue-in-cheek suggestion at the end actually HAS a smidgeon of reality in it, one that's worth congratulating. Since inert rocket boosters with leftover propellant were noticed in the 1980s to have an alarming propensity to suddenly explode into shrapnel swarms after weeks or months of idly drifting in orbit, 'space junk' experts imposed a worldwide standard on rocket launchers to deliberately dump all leftover propellant as soon as possible after rocket shutdown, as a safety measure. So since that time there have been MORE sightings of orbiting fuel dumps than before.

So, nobody has told you. But why should pro-UFO sites abandon a 'good thing' for their publicity and recruitment? Even the TV shows have their own commercial motives -- they clearly get funding by designing programs guaranteed to attract the most helplessly gullible target audience their advertisers could ever dream of. Folks who are willing to believe ANYthing and use those faux-beliefs to feel smarter than other people around them.

But why do you make it so EASY for them to fool you?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

You know what I find fascinating it's the fact that we have been launching rockets since the 1940s, why is there a recent surge, making crazy spirals in the nights sky?
How many rockets explanation is going to take to keep the people fooled?

C'mon, seriously - spiraling rockets!?! How stupid do they think people are?

Oh, wait.....nevermind seems the the Spiraling rockets propaganda is working.
Just wondering anybody keeping count on how many spiraling rockets have taken place so far?

[edit on 7-6-2010 by magestyk7]

You should watch this video, it's a response to the speculation we had lest year concerning the Norway spiral

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by magestyk7

Magestyk7.....

The rocket / missile launch spiral phenomenon is well documented from times gone by. Here is a very interesting example of that, as per the thread originally established by Univac500.

A rocket / missile launch spiral photographed on the 27th August 1988 is clearly evident.

As part of Univac500’s thread, Internos & I came up with further interesting info (I note Internos removed his photos when he left ATS).

I hope this is of interest!

Old Chinese UFO Magazine & “that” spiral.

Originally posted by univac500 on the 5th April 2010:

Recently, as I was strolling through one of Beijing's gigantic flea markets, I happened upon these old U.F.O. magazines.

"Searching For Flying Saucers"

This magazine was published in the city of Lanzhou in the province of Gansu. The prices of the magazines we see here range from 0.30 Yuan (July 1983) to 1.20 Yuan (March 1991).

In China, back in 1983, if you didn't want to spend your 0.30 Yuan on a U.F.O. magazine, that same 0.30 Yuan would have bought you a pack of smokes. The choice was yours, bribe your company leader with a pack of smokes or a U.F.O. magazine.

Let's examine the next magazine in some detail.

Inside first page, table of contents:

Some of the articles:

1) "Japanese pilot sees U.F.O."
2) "Types of U.F.O's"
3) "Looking for the footprints of the aliens"
4) "U.F.O's and power plants"

The next and final magazine in today's collection is from July 1990.

Now, I would like to draw your attention to the inside back cover.

What have we here? Where have I seen this before?

Translation (as best as I can do):

"These photos were taken August 27th 1988. (August 28th 9:00 - 9:05 PM Beijing Time) Long: 124 30 Lat: 49 50. These photos were taken around Dongbei, NeiMengGu (Inner Mongolia)."

So, there you have it, a short trip down memory lane with a look at U.F.O. magazines in China (and before the time when 'bar codes' would eventually spoil the cover of every magazine worldwide.

Subsequent to the above, Internos & I came up with the following info (I note Internos removed his photos when he left ATS):

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not on the 5th April 2010:

The Jiuquan Space Launch Center could well be the source of that missile launch as shown in your magazine.

You might be able to track down some launch info

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0dd8ce4c61d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/34ab4d5895f1.jpg[/atsimg]

www.globalsecurity.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

MAP

Originally posted by internos on the 6th April 2010:

It has been posted several times here on ATS.

That video was originally submitted HERE
Title:
Unknown Object in P.D.R. CA
Description:

November 8,1997 An Unknown Object that flew over Toe`s Beach in Playa del Rey,CA. Notice the bright object right over it.

It was a Delta II launch.

On the evening of 1997 November 8, a Delta II rocket carrying five Iridium communications satellites lifted off from Space Launch Complex 2-West at Vandenberg AFB. The launch took place during evening twilight and the rocket climbed out of the Earth's shadow and into sunlight, creating a memorable display visible over a wide area. The webmaster recorded the event on film from Santa Ynez Peak in Santa Barbara County, California.
www.spacearchive.info...

The Delta II carries the Iridium 38, 39, 40, 41, and 43 satellites into orbit as its sunlit contrail is suspended in the dusk sky. The webmaster took this photo during the late portion of the first stage burn just before main engine cut-off (MECO). The bright white dot on the right is the planet Venus.

This image shows the sunlit contrail from the Delta II just after first stage main engine cut-off. Following MECO, the rocket dropped significantly in brightness and was difficult to see. The very faint white speck in the lower left may be the rocket following second stage ignition.
www.spacearchive.info...

Delta II Rocket Launch, Vandenberg AFB, CA
November 8, 1997, 17:35 PST

Exposure: 1/30 sec.
Film: K-Mart Imation ISO 400 color print
Lens: Tamaron 28mm-200mm f/3.5 at 28mm.
The top frame shows the rocket's exhaust plume illuminated by the sun, about 20 minutes after sunset. Venus can be seen below the rocker, Jupiter is off to the lower left of the rocket. The bottom frame is a close up of the rocket approaching Jupiter. The exhaust plume is now in direct sunlight. Notice the difference between the white plume in the top frame and orange exhaust in the lower frame.

www.dosgatos.com...

I bet it has been some unforgettable spectacle

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Yeah rockets spiral, they just kind of tend to do that when they fail

Zaiger.....

Yeah, well.....

That's just a teensy weensy little bit less epic than the Norway spiral, but I guess it works!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Even the TV shows have their own commercial motives -- they clearly get funding by designing programs guaranteed to attract the most helplessly gullible target audience their advertisers could ever dream of. Folks who are willing to believe ANYthing and use those faux-beliefs to feel smarter than other people around them.

But why do you make it so EASY for them to fool you?

You know what, it comes down to beliefs. No-one here is 'gullible' or easily fooled. We just have our opinons... I personally make MY OWN judgement, I am my own influencer. I do not believe 'anything' as suggested.

Yet i still consider that the rocket explanation is not an across-the-board explanation as many are trying to pass it off as. As i posted previously, ANCIENT CULTURES documented these sprials and gave the most honourable and majestic descriptions/meanings for them - can somebody on the 'rockets' side please explain that to me.

It is something which people are ignoring and I am genuinely curious as to what such thoughts would be on the ancient perspective of spirals.

reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thank you for the post - i am aware of the information posted. Please note that no-one is saying that ALL spirals are MORE THAN rockets.

My main point is that you cannot lump EVERY spiral sighting into the category of rockets because you give a few quality examples (which they are) and quote a Chinese mag from the70's.

We should be discussing the bigger picture - which is not that they are rockets, but instead, that some of them ARE NOT>!

[edit on 7-6-2010 by srsen]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Srsen.....

We should be discussing the bigger picture - which is not that they are rockets, but instead, that some of them ARE NOT>!

The problem is.....

There is absolutely no compelling evidence to the effect these spirals are something other than rocket / missile derived spirals.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The spirals are creepy, weird and spectacular all at the same time. It's no surprise that people are getting all up in arms about them when they have had no prior experience with them.

Luckily in this day and age, there are a lot of resources available to us to get to the bottom of them. A quick lesson in how missiles and rockets actually work (trajectories, fuel dumping, rocket stages, etc...) and the phenomenon loses its mystery.

You guys do what you want to do, but I'm going to go ahead and declare them solved.

Originally posted by cripmeister

Wow, now this guy is a dick. I bet he thinks he's really clever and funny, too. I get the feeling while listening to his voice that he wouldn't dare be this brash and/or insulting in real life.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
The problem is.....

There is absolutely no compelling evidence to the effect these spirals are something other than rocket / missile derived spirals.

This will likely go round in circles (or spirals
) but i will say this -

There is absolutely no compelling evidence that these spirals are ALL rockets / missile derived.

As someone well versed on the topic, what is your take on the ancient importance given to spirals? How do you reckon cultures the world over all depict spirals as SO important and normally relating to the heavens or similar? I just think that this cant be glossed over and ignored

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
As someone well versed on the topic, what is your take on the ancient importance given to spirals? How do you reckon cultures the world over all depict spirals as SO important and normally relating to the heavens or similar? I just think that this cant be glossed over and ignored

Ancient cultures were big on hallucinogenic substances. It's very possible the "shamans" of each culture took some of their brew and stared into a spiral for inspiration. I've done the very same thing myself when I was a teenager and had no education on the importance of spirals in ancient cultures.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NASA is ASAN

Originally posted by srsen

Ancient cultures were big on hallucinogenic substances. It's very possible the "shamans" of each culture took some of their brew and stared into a spiral for inspiration. I've done the very same thing myself when I was a teenager and had no education on the importance of spirals in ancient cultures.

NASA is ASAN.....

Look out for those spirals!!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8f10d8448e54.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join