It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surge in Spirals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NASA is ASAN
Ancient cultures were big on hallucinogenic substances. It's very possible the "shamans" of each culture took some of their brew and stared into a spiral for inspiration. I've done the very same thing myself when I was a teenager and had no education on the importance of spirals in ancient cultures.

Well that is a possibility, but not a certainty of course. Why would cultures the world over just coincidentally do the same thing? There's a chance its correct, but to me, its a further jump than spirals being significant on a cosmic level.

AT least other ideas are being put forth tho

I, personally, find that it is simpler, easier and more likely that the global occurrance of spirals in the ancient world is due to a global phenomena - ie: spirals seen in sky and documented.

We document on ATS and youtube, they documented on rocks and the like.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

It seems that at least we can agree that Zoolander is funny

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
Well that is a possibility, but not a certainty of course. Why would cultures the world over just coincidentally do the same thing? There's a chance its correct, but to me, its a further jump than spirals being significant on a cosmic level.

Of course it's not a certainty, just an idea, but how come cultures all over the world invented the wheel? What about squares and triangles? What do they all have in common?

Geometry is a universal language, it's just something that's there for anyone to discover if they choose to.

AT least other ideas are being put forth tho

I, personally, find that it is simpler, easier and more likely that the global occurrance of spirals in the ancient world is due to a global phenomena - ie: spirals seen in sky and documented.

We document on ATS and youtube, they documented on rocks and the like.

How do we know these cultures seen the spirals in the sky? Just because they drew a spiral on a rock doesn't mean they witnessed them in the sky. Even if they draw a spiral in a scene on a rock that appears in the sky, doesn't mean they saw one in the sky. It could be as simple as them thinking that picture looks cool.

I remember drawing spirals in kindergarten. It wasn't any divine inspiration, I was just captivated by them and thought they were cool and hard to draw correctly (as a 4 year old).

[edit on 7-6-2010 by NASA is ASAN]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NASA is ASAN
Of course it's not a certainty, just an idea, but how come cultures all over the world invented the wheel? What about squares and triangles? What do they all have in common?

Geometry is a universal language, it's just something that's there for anyone to discover if they choose to.

I figure the wheel was so universal because people would noticed how rocks, logs, etc roll down a hill. The rest they would extrapolate i suppose. Triangles, squares, as you say, geometry is natural - these are THE most basic and functional shapes, so it reasons that they would be common too.

Spirals though are more complicated and serve no practical purpose. Also, they rarely occur in nature so perfectly.

How do we know these cultures seen the spirals in the sky? Just because they drew a spiral on a rock doesn't mean they witnessed them in the sky. Even if they draw a spiral in a scene on a rock that appears in the sky, doesn't mean they saw one in the sky. It could be as simple as them thinking that picture looks cool.

You're right it could be that simple. But how do we explain the undoubtedly significant meanings given to spirals.

No ancient culture says spirals represent a cool thing to look at, draw or get stoned to. They always give them grandiose and spiritual meanings. Why?

THis is what i would love to know. It's what is eating away at me and not allowing me to accept the current explanations for the spirals in the sky...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
You're right it could be that simple. But how do we explain the undoubtedly significant meanings given to spirals.

No ancient culture says spirals represent a cool thing to look at, draw or get stoned to. They always give them grandiose and spiritual meanings. Why?

THis is what i would love to know. It's what is eating away at me and not allowing me to accept the current explanations for the spirals in the sky...

Good luck on your quest, if you search for an answer long and hard enough it'll usually present itself.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Srsen.....

As someone well versed on the topic, what is your take on the ancient importance given to spirals? How do you reckon cultures the world over all depict spirals as SO important and normally relating to the heavens or similar? I just think that this cant be glossed over and ignored

Seriously.....

I honestly think it's because a spiral is such an interesting shape!

Im mean, check this out.....even this simple spiral drags me in.....& in.....& in.....& in.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c6b879df1a67.gif[/atsimg]

I really do think it's just because it's such an interesting shape!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The ancients drew spirals or swirls probably for many different reasons. Spirals are found everywhere in nature, from insides of trees to your finger tips and everywhere in between where the wind blows and water flows. To say they drew spirals just from one cause (a spiritual spiral in the sky) then your just ignoring or failing to see all the facts and possibilities. IF they were in fact seeing a spiral in the sky or trying to document something that resembles a spiral in the sky, then what was it? Could be a number of different things;Stars moving across the night sky, planets in orbit, passing comet, Auroras, amber's off a fire dancing in the sky, hallucination from a plant, fungus, no sleep or fasting, maybe they saw a spiral in a dream. What we do know as a fact is the ancient people and cultures did not see a rocket, and what we do know today and what was witnessed and well documented and explained over the last few days is that we saw a rocket not a spiritual spiral.

Another reason the ancient cultures may of drawn spirals,

It is perhaps this never-ending quality of the spiral which intrigues and draws us so greatly. When a spiral is drawn or made using paper and then turned, it creates the illusion that it is twisting forever away or towards us. The repetitive animation of a twisting spiral also evokes deep relaxation and calm, which accounts for the spiral's close association with the art of hypnotism. In some cases, people even create spirals themselves in order to ease the constantly active mind. If a person is left to "doodle" on a piece of paper in a relaxed state, it is very likely that they will draw spirals and swirls as their subconscious mind controls the pen.

www.ancientspiral.com...
There are other examples and reasons why ancients would draw spirals on that link.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The latest Australia spiral COULD be a rocket.

The Norway Spiral? Mathematically perfect... No way.

Someone's playing with HAARP or scalar or whatever.

They've only had the tech since the 30's....

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

I can agree with this post and have thought the same myself.

Just because we find spirals carved into rocks doesn't mean it was seen in the sky... there could be a number of reasons for the spiral design.

Of course, there IS still a possibility this is an example of something seen in the sky. If I'm not mistaken, some carvings clearly describe a spiral in the sky, no?

It could have something to do with our recent visitors. Maybe they are signaling their coming after all...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Is it a bird? Is it a plane?

Hard to decide. Certainly rockets sometimes but all the most recent ones seem more mysterious, almost too perfect. I'll be sitting on the fence for now, because there is evidence to suggest rockets have been launched prior to the times the most recent spirals have been seen. But my fascination in the spiral phenomena is growing, so I'd like to keep an open mind about the possibilities.

I will also note this: UFO's have seemed to take a different twist (pun intended!) Maybe I'm just not catching the right stories but there has been a severe lack of major UFO accounts in recent years, mass sightings etc. Now the mass sightings are the spirals.

Put aside all the "glowing lights" or "three lights making a triangle" videos and reports. What about when people used to see football pitch sized vehicles over their head? Maybe this is the new agenda.

Many rockets are undoubtedly launched every year, we've had video cameras in more places since the late 90's and from the middle of this decade (funnily enough when the China spiral occurred) we've had mobile phones with camera function at the least. And still cameras have been around forever.

Last year's spiral was far out! This year we've had the mysterious Canada spiral and within a month the Aussie one. I can understand if they've been newer rockets (like Arse 1) & that they have been designed to spin out at some point, (as someone above speculated) but I'm having trouble believing this has been happening since the dawn of rockets and we just haven't seen/reported it in any frequency...

But hey I've only been reading for 2 years. I'm sure those who've been following the UFO scene for many a year has seen their fair share of them? Well as I said I'll stay on the fence. I love this spiral stuff though, I want to see one! Whatever it is!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Hello magestky7! This issue has been thoroughly analyzed in a couple of other threads. I learned quite a bit from the info provided by maybe...maybe not, Phage, and Tauristercus.
[edit on 7-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

Thanks for the links I already looked at those before.
As for those 2 guys and those who drink their milkshake....I find them like Data from Star Trek. They believe they are right because of facts but facts cant explain everything. Data learns that very well in the TV show.
With them It's all about facts. The problem I see is that facts can be false(False Facts) but it takes Years to prove that it was wrong.

For example take the war in Iraq, we wage a war because Bush said there was WMD's. They provided Proof of all these thing and facts of events taking places. Another would be when Everybody believed the world was flat and it was a Fact back then. Why because there were maps, articles writen about the fact, BUT It took several people to sail away on a ship to prove them wrong and EVERYTHING CHANGED.
Earth is not the center of the solar system either It was a FACT back then but over the years it was proven to be false.

I dont believe ALL Spiral are rockets. These guys whip out Facts of rockets failures that have taken place or events related to that and they think it pertains to every spiral out and people eat it up because they cant believe in other possibilities.

Take this guy - Nassim Haramein. It's gonna take years for people to accept his theories but I think he's on to something or MANY things.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-6-2010 by magestyk7]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandwiches
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

I can agree with this post and have thought the same myself.

Just because we find spirals carved into rocks doesn't mean it was seen in the sky... there could be a number of reasons for the spiral design.

Of course, there IS still a possibility this is an example of something seen in the sky. If I'm not mistaken, some carvings clearly describe a spiral in the sky, no?

It could have something to do with our recent visitors. Maybe they are signaling their coming after all...

Sandwich.....

I refer to the video you just posted by the appallingly dishonest & dangerous hoaxer, Alison Kruse.

Your support of Kruse is disingenuous, as per the extensive information in this thread:

The Dishonesty & Danger Inherent In The seeingUFOsPA Hoax

Regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one
they happen all the time in test firing. should google it or something.

the only difference is they dont make perfect spirals like the norway spiral that occured.

there have been many accounts of spirals? ive seen one that actually had proof. show me a photo or video of all these spirals popping up. heard of 2...seen 1. now is that really a surge..?

Norway Spiral was indeed a unique event. I also believe obama was a part of this event. Just too much coincidence with the nobel peace prize and the spiral event too be coincidental. Plus, I don't believe in coincidences.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestyk7
The problem I see is that facts can be false(False Facts) but it takes Years to prove that it was wrong. ....
For example ....when Everybody believed the world was flat and it was a Fact back then. Why because there were maps, articles writen about the fact, BUT It took several people to sail away on a ship to prove them wrong and EVERYTHING CHANGED.

You still swallow and regurgitate the old fact-challenged myths to support your new fact-challenged opinions. Sigh.

Sadly (but ludicrously) it's you who s fundamentally wrong in your mythical non-history.

When Columbus wanted to sail west to reach Asia, the scholars in the Spanish court knew full well that Earth was round. Like learned people since the time of the Classical Greeks, they accepted the notion of a round Earth and even had a good idea of its true dimensions.

Columbus was the one who was wrong. His estimate of the circumference of the Earth, and the distance to Asia heading westward, was off by about 8000 miles.

The royal scholars knew from real experience and good science that his ships couldn't carry enough provisions to make it even halfway across the great ocean gap. That's why they advised Isabella against funding the voyage -- you can read their actual report.

And on the actual voyage, their estimate was proved correct. Columbus was on the verge of turning around because his supplies were running out, only one fourth of the way to Asia, exactly as the scholars had expected.

Running into a new continent saved Columbus' reputation (and probably his life), but that was dumb luck. He later proved his navigational skills by using knowledge of winds and currents to sail back and forth across the Atlantic and deliberately return to the same points he had originally found by accident.

The scholars had pondered the possibility of new undiscovered lands but could think of no reason they wouldn't have already been discovered -- that was their only scientific error. It was NOT because they thought the world was FLAT.

Consequently, when you argue for the acceptance of UFO theories because
we can 'learn from [history], the 'history' and 'science' you base it on is phony.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The spiral "rocket" explanation is debunked. It was Norway who first blamed russia for shooting up rockets. Russia had no clue what norway was talking about. What it is have been explained
so abit old news really,but i understand people gather information at different rates,some faster than other

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Hey, there are other than the Norway Night Sky Spirals.

On Wednesday, May 26, 2010, I was driving in Santa Ana, Orange County, California towards the West. I noticed what appeared to be the smoke from what had to be a huge fire since I could tell the distance of what appeared to be a stream of smoke seen through the breaks in between trees as we drove down a street.

Finally, I said something pointing this stream of smoke behind the trees at a distance. As we looked, I stopped half way through my statement because as we looked I noticed that the "stream" was a rectangular spiral comprised of what looked like a black smoke ribbon originating in the clouds over the Pacific Ocean miles away.

I then noticed there was another shorter spiral way North over Los Angeles County. But, it was very short. Probably 20 links to it rather than maybe 50 on the one over Orange County. They were not dissipating like a stream of smoke or CONTRAIL might. The longer one and nearest one was very clear cut and not dissipating at all. It was like a party streamer hanging from the cloud and extending outward towards the East and downward towards Earth.
If it was some new fangled Jet trail, it would be dissipating. These were not. I watched them for about 20 minutes but unfortunately I had to cell with me and I had to return to work.

When I say rectangular....just imagine a Slinky,collapsed is a rectangle instead of a circle. If you were to extend it in the air, what would the spiral look like....it would have RECTANGULAR SEGMENTS, right? The lines were as if they were made of a black smoke ribbon not dissipating at all.

Any ideas on what these WIERD rectangular streams could have been at 8:30PM still daylight in that area? Has anyone ever heard of these? Nothing was in the papers or news.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join