It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the media just one big advertisement?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/72e173b9eac6.jpg[/atsimg]

sorry to subject you to the scowl on this womans face, but I can't believe that "Breaking news" is a new Iphone. Breaking news is a plane crash, or bombing. Breaking news is not how Sam Sly saved a bunch of money on his car insurance. Media bought and paid for. You are shown what you are supposed to see. It's not news, it's propaganda.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It inst one big advertisements, its thousands of small, medium and grossly huge ones. The ONLY propose of having TV shows is to fill time between car commercials. The same theory could be the main reason of why Most things like facebook and myspace are still free.

Think about why MTV blurs almost every label or trademark. its because other companies spend their ad dollars with them to blur it out, meaning. company A provides funds for a show, but they don't want the people at home buying Company B's stuff, which coincidentally enough, is apparently good enough for the actor, star or character in the show. -

[edit on 7-6-2010 by drsmooth23]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
all fed to us by the buildabears

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Generally, if you have to ask that question, you already know the answer.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The reason "Apple Products" are news is because of the Mac Love of the MSM for Apple. If you read up on Apple's history, back in the 90's Apple was in dire need of help. They were on the verge of complete collapse so they tried a new business model. They basically set up their model on half truths and heavy propaganda and made a "cult" following. They even had an appointed (what they called) "evangelist" that would bombard people on the mailing list with propaganda. That cult model has lived on until today and continues to thrive.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yes! Did you just notice this? That doesn't mean there is nothing of value in media: it means we live in a capitalist economy.
By the way ATS is no different!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
you kind of always know it's there. It nags at you and you try to push it out. Then one day you get tunnel vision and it's all you can see. I stopped watching TV because of it. I think I will start an all news site, yea. All I need is a little funding to pay for the bandwidth..........

maybe the solar flares will cause enough mess that we will have to go back to only worrying about what we can see and walk to. Horse and buggy. I will coin the phrase "Devalution". I am all for it.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Everything needs money or want to make money, so everyone needs to advertise.
And those mainstream news site need clicks, they generate money through clicks so of course they only talk about things the majority is interested in and that isn't what is goind on the world, what # is happening in the middle east but rather a new apple design or which celebrity have sex. It has been this way since basically forever.

And i won't go on and say something about Apple, i hate them, i hate their products, i hate the fact that i was forced to buy on of their #ty laptops

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This reminds me of the other night. I was watching one of my all time favorite movies. As I watched it, I noticed that much of the movie had been cut out. Many of the scenes were gone that I liked. Then I rememberd what they said at the start of the movie. It had been edited to fit this time frame.

Oh yea, that`s right, cut the scenes but not the advertisements. What good is showing a movie that`s been ruined? Why not just start an advertisement channel, and stop cutting up good movies that people may like? It`s all in the name of profits.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Here is some more proof of their advertising.

www.foxnews.com...=1

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

The media is a brainwashing of the entire planet, dictated by those who own the media.

Time we all woke up.

top topics

join