It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW plan for your Debit card $$$

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

I don't like the people who pay cash. They wait for the cashier to ask them for their money. Then they pull it out of their pocket and count it.

I usually try to stay ahead of the curve- I have already figured up the amount as close as possible, and have the cash READY before the total comes up.

As for the slowness, I have seen people with debit cards I am SURE are still in line, slooooooowly punching out their pin like it's a hardship remembering what numbers LOOK like, let alone the right combination.... the confusion of 'Would you like Cash Back?", and the ones who poke a button, wait, poke a button, wait....

And let's not leave computer glitches out of the mix. Oy.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by havok

I am one of those who only uses cash and i wish others would as well.
A debit card is conveniant for YOU,not the person behind you in line who has to wait for you to pull the card out and swipe it.Oops you made a mistake...clear it and try again.
Wow how conveniant it is for YOU tho right??
I wish I could slap those people.

I am glad there is gonna be extra charges.

I guess you've never been stuck behind an 80 year old woman who likes to stop and talk while writing a check at the grocery store. Who THEN proceeds to tell the cashier that she had some coupons in her purse she forgot to pull out.

Wait for manager....
Wait some more
She saved 35 Cents on Crisco!
I lost another 12 minutes of my life.
Not to mention the 9 people behind me.

I can tell many of you are young and never had to deal with the joy of grocery shopping before they had bar codes and the cashier had to punch in EVERY SINGLE ITEM. It took 3 -4 X the amount of time it does now to check out. Be glad for the improvements you don;t even know about.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

An 80 year old woman gets priority.
A sane intelligent young person who has the ability to think is not going to get that level of acceptance from me in this world of self entitled people.

When I do groceries (which isn't very often) if I have 200 bucks worth of stuff and the person behind me has 1 item...I let them go ahead for their conveniance and also just to be a nice guy.

The people using debit cards (in my opinion) never seem to worry about those behind them.If they did then they wouldn't be holding up the damn line by using them.
Cash is faster...I still say people using debit cards makes me want to smack them for not thinking of others.

Like another poster just said...have everything ready so you can be as quick as possible.
I can't count how many times I see people walk up to the cash and wait for the teller to tell them the amount before they start digging in their purses or wallets for their card or their cash.

The funny part is we are conspiracy theorists...people want to complain about a cashless society and the nwo but never hesitate to defend their sacred debit cards.
You people make me laugh!!

I also find it funny the people who bashed cashiers as unintelligent,uneducated people who can't count??
Thats quite a blanket statement to say the least.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Id get laughed out of the local marketplace or looked at like an idiot if tried using a card. Dont own one and never will. Pay cash or trade not to mention the fun of haggling price and catching up on things with the people in the marketplace here. Hope it stays that way you guys can have your cards..

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I have 2 banks; one that charges fees to use the debit card; one that doesn't. My other bank allows my debit card to overdraft which it almost did only once due to me putting cash in to that account. I used my debit card the next morning but for some reason the debit hit first. It turns out the computer made an error; it thought it was after 3pm which is the next business day. It was 2 pm when I put the money in.
This bank was going to charge me $30 for their mistake. I thought there was going to be a law passed to protect consumers from too many fees? It looks like it went the opposite way. Why is that.
This is why I have 2 banks because I use checks for one bank, have all my direct deposist and the second account I use a debit card. You can't have it all in one checking account anymore. My second bank charges $30 for checks; while the other only $14. My first bank does not allow me to pay at the pump but the second bank does. The first bank allows me to use check by phone at no charge but the second bank charges without even telling you in any form. The second bank charges $1.50 for counter checks but the first bank does not.
Banking has become more difficult. Why is that?

[edit on 7-6-2010 by dreamseeker]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Maybe you could all consider not using that sort of exchange at all. Find people with real skills and start using gift economy for a change. Why use money when it's taxed and penalized at every turn? Start thinking outside of the box. You don't have to be slaves to anything. You yourselves perpetuate this eternal frustration over time and money and old ladies and the illiterate/innumerate.

I went to the bank the other day to get an ATM card and codes for my fairly long-standing account of five years. That account was recently changed from a savings account to a disposable account so I thought I would just make it a bit more easy to access. That, and I abhor the bank where my current disposable account is situated. But I was informed that I have to use VISA D or Electron or blah blah blah but no ATM card is available. HUH? I can't just get cash? No. I can only get some form of VISA. She said it's for my own safety and protection. I launched into a lecture/sermon/tirade on the evils she was promoting.

This is madness. We're enslaved by the concept of money. It really has to stop now.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well- ALL THREE of my businesses, STOPPED taking plastic, several years ago. My bank, started telling ME, how to run MY business. So, I told them, "I'll no longer be using your plastic machine".
I am giving serious consideration, to no LONGER ACCEPTING FRN's, as payment. Just barter- "THIS is 1.5 TOZ Gold. This is 15 TOZ Silver".
Easier for me- (NOT having to convert to metal), better prices, for most of my customers. Plus- well, no taxman!!

FRACK our illegal, immoral, non-represenative government!
Its TIME for the third party- THE NECKTIE PARTY!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join