It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Crop Damage Threatens Hundreds Of Acres

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Mystery Crop Damage Threatens Hundreds Of Acres

www.wreg.com

A mystery is unfolding across MidSouth farms. Something is killing crops, trees, even weeds and nobody can explain why.
Farmers are scratching their heads and some are worried their crops may be lost to the mysterious plague. It's happening along a large swath of land near the Shelby and Tipton county border along Herring Hill Road and elsewhere near the Mississippi River bottoms.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
"Something is killing crops, trees, even weeds" !!?? This is something that deserves very close attention. If this "mystery" killer spreads we all may be in big time trouble and the the fact that dead birds have been found is also of great concern, kinda like the Canary in the coal mine. I do beg to question what type of seed these farmers may have used, Monsanto? Could this be chemtrail related? I sure as heck hope not....

www.wreg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
oh dear, wonder how many prophecies will spill out now.

bad news

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Bees dies,now plants. If this spread, we are doomed. The devastation caused by this would be unimaginable.

But I think it will affect only "bio" crops. I think its a disease created by monsato to impose its GM crops.

Farmer think its something in the air that cause this. I think it might be an huge conspiracy from monsanto.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Soil and air testing are in order. Those farmers should sent samples of each to their local universities. As it is occurring with pesticides and without leaves my spidey sense wants to go with air testing.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by UndergroundMilitia

I'd imagine it's related to the oil gushing out into the Gulf.

Pollutants are getting into the rain, and probably the water tables and reservoirs, and then being applied to the plant life through irrigation or rain.

I'd expect this to be a feature all around the Gulf area, if not now, soon.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by UndergroundMilitia

I don't know but this could be a result of rain from the gulf mixed with toxic oil solvent and oil.

I expect this to become wide spread with all the rain that is now falling in the gulf states and moving through the east coast recently.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
@marg & @spikey

I wonder if we are seeing first evidence of toxic rain.

Benzene is a carcinogen (cancer causing) that is in the oil dispersants that were sprayed in the gulf. Benzene has a sweet odor to it. Benzene in soil would not break down easily.

Breathing benzene causes drowsiness, dizziness, convulsions, and unconsciousness long term exposure can cause anemia and leukemia.

Benzene is carried through the air and attaches itself to rain and snow causing toxic rain.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by UndergroundMilitia

"Something is killing crops, trees, even weeds" !!??

Could this be chemtrail related? I sure as heck hope not....

Good Lord, I don't know how many signs people need. Look up. I can predict heavy storms in Kansas, Oklahoma, just from the Chemtrail activity here in Colorado the day before.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Eden

That's what i was thinking.

It goes up...then comes down...then goes into the ground water and drinking and irrigation water.

Bad news all round, and not just directly for crops.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Go back and read the comments about the dupont factory that had a leak in the area.......

MM

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I just finished watching the movie " The Road " last night. In the movie, all the plants and animals had died off, very ugly picture.

I hope the movie isn't prophetic.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
why is it [ the blight ] so geographically limited ?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissMegs
Go back and read the comments about the dupont factory that had a leak in the area.......

MM

Yep. Not much of a mystery, really. There was a chemical leak at a Lucite facility in that county in late May. That's the likely culprit.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by vor78]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This has been reported on by Sorcha Faal through the following website:

What Does It Mean

Make of that what you will, Im tired of talking about Sorcha Faal, you just end up repeating yourself over and over.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Here's a story about the chemical leak from May 25th. Note the following:

The toxic fumes were created in the sulfuric acid regeneration facility in the northeast corner of the plant

It seems highly likely that this was the culprit of the crop damage.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I’m wondering if it is “Agent White”, a Viet Nam era herbicide and defoliant. This was produced by Dow Chemical Company and was also know as Tordon 101.
Regardless of what ever it is, this is not good.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ooops, sorry.
Double post, my Mozilla Firefox with Google keeps locking up.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
There has been some speculation done on this topic in this thread.

Could be a lot of things...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
It would appear that the dispersant Core Exit 9500 has the
ability to get into air and ride with the clouds and fall in rain.

That may be some of it.

Info here.

www.eutimes.net...

www.sfgate.com...

Lets hope that is wrong, limited number of media carrying the
story at this time.

Good Luck to you all !

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join