It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ailen plant life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Iv never seen David Attenborough talk about this stuff! has anyone here on ATS ever seen anything like it in your life?
www.disclose.tv...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure a lot of those are fake/CGI, however David Attenborough did a natural world program about plants and there really are some very strange, alien like plants out there.

eta: In fact I think they are all fake. Read the comments below the video.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Wide-Eyes]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Unfortunately it's nothing but CGI!

Shame really, those would be some interesting plants to have around the house!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
they are real
the filming process is called time-lapse

Edit to say, nice input of the eyes though, basic material is still normal timelapse

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Dumbass]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
can't watch the video but the comments under it suggest this was made for an advert.

What does he say in the video?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Yeah, as others have said, it's CGI.

Still, it's really well done though, except for the eye's on the poppy like flowers, which wouldn't have had the depth or thickness to support the 'eye' structures.

But most of it looked great...it was a work done for a TV advert i think, although i don't know which.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

To be honest i didn't even look at the link but i did see the comments and i think there is all too much of this CGI nowadays!

And it makes me fearful as the Computer Generated Imagery is getting more and more sophisticated and i can't see it going on much longer when we can easily tell those crappy CGI ones from the "authentic" ones.
And i say authentic lightly

Also when that happens we will be even more clueless and easily manipulated to be unsure about certain subjects. You will have to see it with your own eyes to be sure and that will please the dis-info crew supremely.

One or two generations down the line the suspect stuff will get filtered out like STS-48 footage for example, That will get remade in other form's digitally and then the sheeple will all say "oh that old STS-48 footage well it is obviously fake it looks just like that bit at the start of the new digital film Avatar part 12"

Sorry for digressing but i see this CGI stuff all too much these days and dunno how future generations will be being manipulated in what is real and what is fake

Anyway i didn't see ur link but by what comments i seen its most probably FAKE......

peace

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Cheak out the Island of Socotra if you wanna see some alien looking plants.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Very clearly CGI, I wouldn't be to worried about CG ever becoming so good you couldnt tell reality from fantasy since it just isnt gonna happen, the minds got all sorts of neat tricks to circumvent attempts to fool it and most CG is done to a time and money constrant, which means it'll always have shortcuts to it.

As aside that guy that designed all those plants must have been a big Hentai fan... (dont ask
)

Must admit I liked the Muscle shell ones on the twisted branch though... kinda creeped me out watching em since they looked the least CG.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by BigfootNZ]

new topics

top topics

join