It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Intelligence Analyst Arrested in Wikileaks Video Probe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

U.S. Intelligence Analyst Arrested in Wikileaks Video Probe

www.wired.com

Federal officials have arrested an Army intelligence analyst who boasted of giving classified U.S. combat video and hundreds of thousands of classified State Department records to whistleblower site Wikileaks, Wired.com has learned.

He said he also leaked three other items to Wikileaks: a separate video showing the notorious 2009 Garani air strike in Afghanistan that Wikileaks has previously acknowledged is in its possession; a classified Army document evaluating Wikileaks as a security threat
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
So this is the guy who submitted the Collateral Murder video from Iraq. Bradley Manning is his name and you have to read the article to believe some of this stuff that was going on. He gave wikileaks a lot more than just the Collateral Murder video too.

He claims to have given them the private Embassy cables or e-mails from around the world that depict a very disturbing foreign affairs policy. I have to quote from the article what he told the guy who ended up ratting him out. Take note that wikileaks has the private cables he is referring to.

The following is from the source article about the information that Manning gave to wikileaks in addition to the video that we all know about.

“Everywhere there’s a U.S. post, there’s a diplomatic scandal that will be revealed,” Manning wrote. “It’s open diplomacy. World-wide anarchy in CSV format. It’s Climategate with a global scope, and breathtaking depth. It’s beautiful, and horrifying.”

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
What a sham, I have talked to several intelligence analysts and all of them know better than to pull this sort of garbage. Kids, this man has to, has to, completely be getting framed for this.

The story even reads like propaganda.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Somebody had to give it out.

I'm still looking for more info on the "Torpark" connection too.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I am very interested in these cables...could they possibly be the "history making" stuff that Assange claims to be sitting on?

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
If he did leak the docs to wiki
then he is a true Patriot of epic
proportions for having a conscience
and wanting to see evil stopped.
I applaud him and wish him the
best of luck as I'm sure he's gonna
need it in the coming days.

I'm all for keeping secrets of a National
Security sort but when it comes to illegal
criminal activity, that is another whole
ballgame.

Now, something about the article
confused me. The article states that
Brad was stationed in Iraq, so how did
he get total access to the Pentagon
from Iraq????

Also, remember Julian's last claim that
the next release was gonna be "History making".
Well it may be the fall of the criminal
US Gov.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbomb456

Yeah he needs to hurry up and release that stuff before he gets himself assassinated seriously....I wanna see the leaks!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
A great hero has listened to his conscience and told the truth to the world. He is going to get the book thrown at him for doing what is right. This guy might save the world. The media reports this story omitting the things about it that would fuel the anti-war movement. Screw the media.
www.wired.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Arrested and held without charge...
thats freedom baby...
the hacker probably SOLD him
your credit cards and pin numbers are fair game to some of those bozos.
honest work is not their forte. ahem

on the other hand there seams to be a concerted effort to get the rest of the world to be totally disgusted with the US and its allies
Israel and Britian
prep for WWlll IMHO
so there is a slim chance this leak was an black OP
like Mcvay and Oklahoma.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The Murdering Gangster Criminal elites don't want you to know what is really going on.

They don't want Americans to see the atrocities they commit on a daily basis.

The congress had to write a special law to keep you from seeing rapes by US military in conjunction with 'contractors' of young men & women at Abu Ghraib that they had the nerve to film. Now just think of all the things that weren't filmed or the film was destroyed like CIA TORTURE tapes.

I haven't delved into the diplomacy intel,
but certainly the helicopter Wikileak video is in NO WAY risking 'national security' [code for government criminal actions].

This young man is a hero for getting the truth out to the people.

The Pentagoons are treasonous mobsters & criminals.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by slank]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Its probably a quiet threat by the government.

Don't show what we actually do over there, or this will happen to you.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Give this man a frigging medal of Honor instead, after all, telling the truth is an heroic act, and is also backed by most belief-systems as the highest virtue

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

Bingo!

But they must have a hero/victim in this to legitimize wikileaks.

It may work, people are easily manipulated.

The charade continues...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
WoW!
Can this be real or is it a "conspiracy" to block wikileaks from posting anymore "classified" docs?

The US state dept can and most like will get a court to block wikileaks from posting any information deemed classified or else they will be prosecuted along with this guy on an espionage charge.

They have their wittness against wikileaks. I think the show is over for wikilieaks...checkmate.

Hacking a "Chinese hacker" was a great way to deflect possible prossecution. The US can't reach into China. However, Austraila is another matter alltogether.

Indictment and extradition of Julian Assange in days I would bet.

I do support the leak though. The world government's evil deeds should be brought under srutiny of the population and those leaders supporting this evil arrested.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I am sure he's being used as a scapegoat and a scare tactic. He might not have anything to do with the leaks at all as he's being kept hostage without charges. TPTB will sacrifice him to discourage others from standing up for truth. What a sham.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

This is a tough one for me.. On one side, he DID breach several laws regarding Classified Information.. so what he did, especially regarding the foreign policy documents, is on par with possibly espionage.

However.. what he has done is show a bright light onto the corruption (especially regarding the politicians) on the war and perhaps it's over all purpose (to make people rich at the cost of many lives) .. and showed the devastating cost of this war by posting the videos, which I can relate to the corrupt politicians as needless, senseless deaths for the sake of the elite few.

Overall though, the most important aspect is the fear the military and government have of sites like Wikileaks, and, imo, gives the site a massive boost in credibility, if the Government is scared enough to arrest someone, it makes me take things posted on the site much more seriously. Before this arrest, I never held wikileaks with much regard, but now...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Recent posts from the Wikileaks twitter:

Allegations in Wired that we have been sent 260,000 classified US embassy cables are, as far as we can tell, incorrect.

If Brad Manning,22,is the "Collateral Murder" & Garani massacre whistleblower then, without doubt, he's a national hero.

Statement: Washington Post had Collateral murder video for over a year but DID NOT RELEASE IT it to the public.

Adrian Lamo&Kevin Poulson are notorious felons,informers&manipulators. Journalists should take care. http://(link tracking not allowed)/chFsGC

Did Wired break journalism's sacred oath? Lamo&Poulson call themselves journalists.Echoes of Olshansky shopping Diaz?

It seems as if Wikileaks believes that the alleged 260,000 transcripts that Manning has supposedly sent to them have not been received, sounds as if they're putting the blame on Wired journalists for misleading reports.

[edit on 7/6/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's so sad man
When our parents were growing up they had great stories to tell

And now all we have is corruption to talk about

It's just so damning that a few elites are trying to make the world a horrible place to live in when if we really evolved, we would be living in a truly beautiful technologically advance world right now.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Very very good news .I was so happy when someone emailed me about this a couple days ago ..
He is a Danger to all American Soldiers .I hope he fries .

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It'll be too sad if they try to make an example out of him to keep others in fear of not doing anything like this in future.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join