It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from the Mid-West!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I have been reading this site for some time now and just have recently gotten more active and figured it was time to introduce myself!

I come to ATS for most of my news lately and also am very interested in all the great information on space, nature, and the crazy anomalies in our world. I am 25 years old, from the mid-west. I would say I have very different views on the world than most of the people around my town. People are very religious and pretty much believe what is told to them by the government, it's actually strange sometimes how ignorant I realize some people are. I've been told my whole life I'm "so smart but you don't apply yourself" I really think it's just that I understand the things I grew up being taught and thinking were important are very wrong.

Anyway I have moved away from that place (not far) to a smaller more open minded town but would really one day love to live more at peace with nature. Not destroying our earth because of the greed of a few. I'm sure we will get to know each other and look forward to talking with more people here!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! Glad to have you here!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NWtoHide

Ah! I was that close in being the first to greet you here! LOL I too found myself at a clash with what I had been indoctrinated, when younger. I was shocked but overcame it thanks to conspiracy theories...

I grew up in campaign and it remains to date some of the best time of my life.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Hello, I too am from the mid-west.
This is what some people would call a second line.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
MID WEST!!!!! ( in a gangster voice ) lol welcome to ATS!!!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
It doesn't seem like there are that many people on here really from this area, it's not terrible but I would definitely love to move. Somewhere remote.... with a nice little community.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Midwesteners IN THE HOUZE!!

Welcome. I'm mostly new but I've learned a lot from here. I wanted to say hi because your description reminded me of myself. Big town ideas surrounded by small town ignorance. Just because you don't apply yourself to their priorities doesn't mean anything. Many open minds here, some of them too open!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Welcome!!

Glad to have you with us, there are so many great people here!

Enjoy your stay!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
what up midwest!! welcome to ats!
lets go blackhawks!!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Hello,

Welcome aboard,

I'm glad you found a place with friends who are on the same page as you.

I'm picking up what you're putting down on the mid-western life style and totally agree with you, I come from a similar background.

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

new topics

top topics

join