It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early 1900s in Colour

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Badfish,

Thank you for sharing your find with us. The photos are amazing and provide a very uncommon look into the colorful history which shaped the 1900's.

It makes me happy to see such photos but it also brings some feeling of sadness. How unfortunate it is that there are no more firsthand stories of this era. It makes me wonder what kind of stories we will all have for our grandchildren.

Who knows, perhaps at the dawn of the 2200's people will be looking back at digital photos of ours marvelling in the beauty of non-holographic visual representations of life.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

What i want to know is..who the hell is that dude in black at the bottom of the sphinx? He reminds me of Oded Fehrs character in "The Mummy"

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I loved looking at these photos. Thank you so much for posting the link.

This century, this generation is our coveted time to live on earth. The years we are here have their own look, their own feel and are defined by the consciousness and ideas of everyone who is alive right now. This is our small window of time to shine, before we pass the baton to the next generation who will indeed define another century.

The people in the pictures from those years are gone now. If anything, in looking at the photos we should be evermore reminded of how fleeting and precious time is.

I'd like to believe I am trying to leave this world a little bit better than I found it, whether by a kind word, a good deed, love for my children or...just the mere appreciation I have for my own life.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
in color those photos look more scary...when i see photos like mongolian prison or 'A Mongolian Woman Condemned to Die of Starvation' i realize i live in paradise

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Thank you for the pictures, they were beautiful. It doesnt mean though the world is worse now, as I am sure they didnt take picture of the bad stuff then, but all the same wonderful images and thank you.

S&F

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Thank you for the pictures, they were beautiful. It doesnt mean though the world is worse now, as I am sure they didnt take picture of the bad stuff then, but all the same wonderful images and thank you.

S&F

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
very nice pics im glad to have a break from the harshness of the oil spill and isreal and just look at some beautiful pictures for a few minutes

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Take a look to the right of the tower....Tell me I'm not the only one that think this looks like a saucer! I zoomed in on the object and it seems to have some kind of wave coming out of the top and bottom from the center.
Also, on the left of the tower another strange object that looks like a dark meteorite. Could be damage on the photo caused by age?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

I agree i see what you see, the 1 on the left seems to have a shadow coming off it!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Funny how it has the perfect saucer shape! I'm still trying to zoom in and clear it up. I'm not having much luck however

Could this be the 1st ever color picture with a saucer in it?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Could be! they say there are no such thing as coincidences maybe it's really a UFO just taking this long for anybody to notice it, congratulation's

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
A ufo!?...maybe not. France was a hot bed for early airship design and racing. They flew around the tower often. Look up "alberto santos dumont".

B&W photo from 1901.
en.wikipedia.org...:Sd_num6_rounding_tower.jpg

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join