It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subliminal Preparedness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
As we all can see the current events that are happening in the world. The MSM seems to be preparing us for some sort of cataclysm. What I mean is that the cable networks are putting on shows like Man vs Wild, Survivorman, Worst Case Scenario, After Armegeddon, Nostradamus 2012, Life After People, Nostradamus Effect, Etc. Plus many more on the Mayan doomsday 2012.

Five years ago if I mentioned the topic of the apocalypse, I would have been laughed at. Now people everywhere are talking about some sort of doomsday scenario.

Are the fans of the Discovery and History channels being groomed to have a better chance of surviving the impending apocalypse?

Why are there so many shows about the apocalypse and survival?

Why are more and more people all becoming aware of the situation at hand?

How much do TPTB know about the global catastrophe?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The reason for all these shows being on is ratings pure and simple. A good number of people have woken up over the past few years thus giving ratings success to the shows mentioned.
Art imitates life.

I think TPTB want the masses unprepared to achieve massive population reduction and have the remaining people desperate so they willingly become surfs.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Yeah I'd say that the reason these shows are being aired is because of the increase in public interest on the subject. People are talking about the apocalypse and such and the network executives/producers take notice and capitalize on it.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It could be as simple as a cyclical interest in the subject.

Every so often, certain topics make a resurgence, and their popularity rises, then falls after a time, then rises again...

It's possibly a combination of both "programming", and the above.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It could be as simple as a cyclical interest in the subject.

Every so often, certain topics make a resurgence, and their popularity rises, then falls after a time, then rises again...

It's possibly a combination of both "programming", and the above.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Let me see if I can enlighten you about the increase of doomsday news and in other entertainment sources.

Imagine a clothing store and it's merchandise.

If the store stocked and sold the same style fashions as the past year people shopping would look for another store that carried the latest fad.

Follow the money. The entertainment industry constantly searches for new material. Golden oldies are nice sometimes but new and different sells more product.

You could say it's a circle of cash output. The industry takes the pulse of what is interesting to it's customers. Movies are made. We get new music and new reading material. This influences the buying habits of the public and one plays off the other and money is made.

No group knows the outcome of the future for the earth. There are too many variables to predict an outcome that is not fallible.

Live and enjoy life. It's really pretty good.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I think most of it has to do with the doom and gloom that floods mainstream media. It seems like every time we engage some sort of media (whether text, video, or audio) we are bombarded by stories of death and mayhem. It's seems like everyday there is a new natural disaster or terrorist attack, or some one warning us of pending disaster.(I'm not necessarily trying to say that there is more of this happening now I just think It is easier reported on with todays technology)

I think all this doom and gloom simply scares people, and by watching these programs they feel a certain sense of comfort. It's similar to the A-bomb drills they use to do in schools where the kids got under there desks. the people putting out the info that simply getting under there desks would safe them, knew that was BS, but it gave the kids and families a sense of safety they wouldn't of had otherwise.

I also think the varying topics of a survival program are diverse enough to keep the ADD ridden generation (that includes me) interested, being able to move from fire making, to bush craft, to wild edibles and who knows what else sure does keep my attention.

these three reasons keep people watching which means good ratings, good ratings mean good programing.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I shall play Devil's Advocate and Devil's Prosecutor here. Both sides
I don't get to do this very often!

1. There are NINE Freddy movies.
2. There are THIRTEEN Halloween/Jason movies.
3. Cube, The Blair Witch Project, Paranormal Activity, The Ring, Anything by M. Night Shamaylan, Wes Craven, Alfred Hitchcock, or John Carpenter.

People LOVE to get the wits scared out of them. Most of the above have at least one good scare somewhere in them. But in a world where everything's been done, Apocalypse flicks have never lost their appeal. And it's a category that transcends the box office. Television, special programming, documentaries, radio broadcasts, comic books, novels, even commercial advertisement can get into the act. There's money in it, and that's a good enough reason. You can always find a new way to destroy the world in an apocalypse movie!

-=The Other Side=-
If the goal is depopulation, coupled with subliminal messages, I'd rethink some things. If you were TPTB and you know what was coming and were going to use it to your advantage in the depopulation scheme, you'd probably depict your heroes as scared, frightened, sheep who happen to luck into a high-powered member of the gov, a detachment of Marines, a freak survival nut with a bigger weapons cache than Army Reserves and an intimate knowledge of strategy, tactics, and/or a psychic link into his evil twin brother's mind, or a kind-hearted, super-intelligent doctor who can sort the whole mess out after directing you to safety. Ahem.

Or, you could create some quasi-documentary that gives you half the facts, twists the ones they give you and spin it to think that you might actually have have a chance to survive it.. IF you stay tuned until the end of the program. That's when they slap you on the back, give you teh opposing view or just say "Nah, we're just messing with you."

top topics

join