It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Navy reserves officers: Allow external Gaza flotilla probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Israel Navy reserves officers: Allow external Gaza flotilla probe

www.haaretz.com

A group of top Israel Navy reserves officers on Sunday publicly called on Israel to allow an external probe into its commando raid of a Gaza-bound humanitarian aid flotilla last week, which left nine people dead and several more wounded.

In a letter to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Israel Defense Forces Chief of Staff Gabi Ashkenazi, the Navy officers denounced the commando raid as having "ended in tragedy both at the military and diplomatic levels."

"We disagree with the widespread claims that this was the result of an intelligence rift," said the officers. "In addition, we do not accept claims that this was a 'public relations failure' and we think that the plan was doomed to failure from the beginning."

"First and foremost, we protest the fact that responsibility for the tragic results was immediately thrust onto the organizers of the flotilla," wrote the officers. "This demonstrates contempt for the responsibility that belongs principally to the hierarchy of commanders and those who approved the mission. This shows contempt for the values of professionalism, the purity of weapons and for human lives."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/6/2010 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The officers are reaffirming what many others around the world have observed. It is shameful that the UNSC through US pressure, rejected an independent probe of the incident.

If Israel truly has nothing to hide, then they would be wholeheartedly supporting an independent probe. This is not the case.

Where there's smoke, there's fire. . .

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hello,

Thanks for that good find OP.

Now to read from your link.

Hmm. Link found on your link; www.haaretz.com...

Do I sense a bit of level-headedness? Maybe it's too soon for the big show-down?

[edit on (6/6/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
it certainly was a 'public relations failure' and has galvanised the world, not just muslims against iserail and the zionist controlled media can spin all it likes but ships will not stop arriving until iserail backs down, makes a mistake or a serious conflict is started.

People can see Iran is being lined up but after this incident i'm not sure they are going to be fooled quite so easy.

Must say i was exspecting a thread that went down the lines that the military had nothing to hide as if people would fall for that bit of propaganda so in that respect i was wrong.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

There has been much analysis that this was a poorly planned operation. .

In my opinion, it is one of three things:

1. It was a botched operation

2. The Israeli leadership simply doesn't care about political fallout.

3. There were secondary objectives that were achieved that took precedence over casualties / public opinion.

The third option is where I start wondering. .

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

I'm going with Door 3 ...
Wonder whats behind it???

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Good to see a few isreali reserve naval officers call for an open external investigation into events.. They should be commended for standing up for the truth to come out.. Especially as speaking up as they have has most likely ended their careers as naval officers..

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Let us hope that they are close to retirement.

It takes cajones to stand up against the questionable actions of your government. . Especially so when you are in the military!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Good to see a few isreali reserve naval officers call for an open external investigation into events.. They should be commended for standing up for the truth to come out.. Especially as speaking up as they have has most likely ended their careers as naval officers..

I was thinking the same thing.
I hope not though as it is Officers
like this that Israel needs to keep.
It's the hierarchy that kills at will
that needs to go.

I applaud these officers !!!

[edit on 6-6-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
It takes cajones to stand up against the questionable
actions of your government. .
Especially so when you are in the military!

damn
wished we could find some of them
in the US !!!!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

I too would go with option 3

There's a bigger scenario being set up/ played out here... Is it an effort to elicit some sort of action/reaction from Iran? ... Is it to deflect attention from something happening elsewhere? ... Is it giving biblical prophecy a helping nudge (Some top Israeli military bigwig said everything they do is guided by it)?

Who knows
... I guess time will reveal all

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

damn
wished we could find some of them
in the US !!!!!!

There are but you wont see them on MSN and then something is always dug up to disscredit them or they die in a car/plane crash.
Maybe commit suicide by shooting themselves in the head, 3 times...

new topics

top topics

join