It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Thames Angel" Spotted while Filming for TV

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
What do you make of the following outtake? -

It doesn't look like a joke to me.

...It turns out there's some serious research gone into this. Here's the dedicated website:

Angel of the Thames

The following is taken from the 'News' section:

A conspiracy of silence?

Possibly the most important sighting to date has been filmed by a TV crew, but is being SUPRESSED by the producers for fear of embarrassing TV Start and telent spotter David Grant.

My partner Leslie has got hold of some stills from the footage, but we're currently under threat of legal action if we show any more. Why is the evidence being kept back? I have seen the footage and in my opinion it is the best documentation yet...

Very curious. Very ATS.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I don't know what to make from it, i don't see *Snip*. I'm also curious though. Must be a trapped spirit or something,...

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/7/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I don't see the angel anywhere either.

If somone finds it can they post the time on the video so I can look for it?

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

I took a look at the web site, and there is one picture where the weather is sunny, and you can see the Angel

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Think it is a hoax to be honest, if they had something concrete on film then they would sell it to the highest bidder, video evidence of an angel sighting when the world is on its knees would be worldwide news.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Just follow the link in the OP! You will see many pictures, and at least one video of it appearing!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I remember a while back I read in the newspaper about an inside joke at the BBC that involved angels.

I'll see what I can dig up!

CX

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
www.angelofthethames.com...

Thats the recent sightings blog with videos.

CX.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
I remember a while back I read in the newspaper about an inside joke at the BBC that involved angels.

I can't seem to find anything about the inside joke. I must say having looked at the link and watching the footage with the singing koreans i'm quite impressed.

I don't think its an angel though it looks more like a magnetic field of some sort.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This seems very contrived. He changes from wow did you see that to we must not talk of this ever again way to quickly.

Almost like hes playing oout a script.

Plus, there was nothing there.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
After looking at the website...

Soooo fake.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Munji]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
for some reason this screams "viral marketing" to me, even though as far as i can see there isnt any money involved at all.

weird.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by james420
for some reason this screams "viral marketing" to me, even though as far as i can see there isnt any money involved at all.

weird.

Thats exactly the way it came accross to me, its like Cloverfield meets Mothman Prophecies.

The shoddy fakes on the website really send it home though.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
DOUBLE POST

[edit on 6-6-2010 by ziggyproductions05]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Here is a video with the angel in the background. Should be easy to spot, i noticed right away, look between the the 2nd and 3rd persons heads starting from the left

[edit on 6-6-2010 by ziggyproductions05]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Looks like an "Anomaly" from the BBC series "Primeval".
www.bbcamerica.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
www.angelofthethames.com...

Thats the recent sightings blog with videos.

The second video, where the Slovak TV guy tries to interview him, looks totally fake to me. They seem to both be acting and David Grant is wearing the exact same clothes in both videos, which suggests to me they shot them both on the same day.

What for? I don't know. Some sort of promotion, probably.

[edit on 6/6/2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Firstly I'd like to thank everyone for their thoughtful contributions.

And sorry I had to go offline after posting the OP.

Nothing wrong with some healthy skepticism. Still not sure it's an open and shut case. Checking out the links from the site mentioned in the OP revealed some further leads. (It could be worth bearing in mind that the TV company may have hijacked the story for their own purposes, in which case the outtake would just serve as an intro to the phenomenon.)

Here's some food for thought, taken from another dedicated site:

On a warm but overcast sunday in may 2006 this year Jemima Waterhouse, a humanities student at the university of Greenwich, was walking by the Thames not far from Embankment tube station on her way to meet with a friend. Although she was in a rush, she was momentarily distracted by something which caught her eye across the water.

Her curiosity caused her to stop, but when she looked at it directly it didn't seem as distinct. She continued to stare in disbelief at what looked like a winged figure hovering over the Thames. With her camera phone she captured the image just before it disappeared. At this point her friend found her staring in disbelief over the river. Her friend couldn't see the apparition and the unclear display on the phone seemed unconvincing.

What was perhaps more extraordinary that what she had witnessed that day was the feeling Jemima had during and after the sighting...

"I felt a sense of calm spreading over me. It was comforting and familiar. A kind of peace that lasted for a while after.
Its really hard to put into words, but i guess you could describe it as peace of mind."

The friend remained unconvinced until they got the photo onto a computer that evening when the image became clearer and the outline of what could only be decribed as an angel became distinct.

The two set about trying to convince their largely sceptical friends of what they had seen, but to their disappointment their friends all dismissed the picture as a fake or a trick of the light.

It wasn't until Jemima wrote about her experience in a humanities essay on beliefs that the two friends gained an unusual ally. Dr. Miriam Hayles, who took a great interest when reading Jemima's essay, asked Jemima if what she had written in her essay was true. Jemima reassured her that it was indeed true, and offered to show her the image she had taken. Intrigued, Dr. Miriam Hayles agreed to take a look and when she saw the image she took Jemima straight to the university library where she introduced he to a 17th century manuscript describing The Angel of the Thames which had appeared to survivors of the Great Fire of London in 1666.

Source

The site is worth perusing.

There's even a Friends of the Thames Angel club. Good-humoured: you can even get the T-shirt!

Originally posted by Aresh Troxit
reply to post by pause4thought

Interesting. I had never heard of this before. Seeing it is in England, maybe it is a spirit of old? Do you know how long this phenomenon has been happening? It seems it has for a long time.

Check out the history by reading down this page.

(How does 350 years grab you?)

Finally I get the impression the testimonies are more intriguing than the photos/videos, as what people claim to have seen was something striking, yet rather fleeting.

[code fixed]

[edit on 7/6/10 by pause4thought]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

Turns out the "inside joke" I was talking about was an ARG. It was called Frozen Indigo Angel.

Even though its quite weird!

perplexcitywiki.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This guy works for cbeebies. A kids channel for the BBC. And to be honest the story of him not wanting to be embarassed for what he's seen sounds quite legit to me. Seeing as he spends a lot of time working with kids, making programmes for kids. Something out the ordinary could have a serious effect on his career.

Normally I take everything with a pinch of salt. Especially while browsing through ATS lol. But I do genuinely believe he seen something here!

Really interested to see more on this!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join