It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Thames Angel" Spotted while Filming for TV

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Many thanks for the up-front retraction.

Mind you, that's some pretty weird stuff you've dug up — maybe deserves some further research...

reply to post by Lee_K

Thanks for sharing those reflections. Hope the links in my previous post help.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Many thanks for the up-front retraction.

Mind you, that's some pretty weird stuff you've dug up — maybe deserves some further research...

Your right its weird and it deserves some analysis.

Regarding your last post the account of "the angel of the Thames" has me intrigued.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
A whois on angelofthethames.com yields a registrant named Marksteen Adamson. A look at his profile on LinkedIn reveals he's a branding and marketing expert. His company is ASHA (www.ashawebsite.co.uk...). On their website, in the 'about us' section, one of their specialities is listed as 'viral marketing'.

So this looks to me very likely a viral marketing campaign.

If anyone can find any references on the web to this supposed piece of folklore that date back to earlier than 2006, then I'd be interested to hear!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Why would the cameraman not pan sooner... fake.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The website, at least, is a hoax or viral marketing.

There is a claimed etching from 1865 showing the construction of the Thames Embankment showing an angel sighting. You can find it here on the website.

You can find the original etching that has no angel and some more info on the hoax here : Angel of the Thames Hoax & the Brockley Connection

[edit on 6/28/2010 by eaglewingz]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I agree doesn't look like an angel

Link to videos

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee_K

He sure didnt seem to have the commonly reported "feeling of calm and happiness" though. He looked quite shaken.

The second video did look rather fake.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
This is a refreshing thread. I had never heard of this before and I find it quite interesting.

From reading through the links provided, this is an old phenomenon. From the videos and pictures, I don't know if I would have thought what I was seeing was an angel. It kind of has the appearance of an energy vortex or field of some sort. Perhaps a type of wormhole that isn't much visible in the normal human spectrum.

I would like to see a study conducted on this using infrared and thermal imaging. I am not sure if the sighting are taking place in the same spot or near it, but most of the evidence, including old paintings of the 'angel' show a bridge.

I will definitely be looking more into this one.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
When viewing a video such as this - first thing I do before I watch it is turn off the sound.
Then, take a look and see what I catch without being influenced in any way by the audio.
So, this is the only thing I saw.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b8978b0d35f.jpg[/atsimg]

The statue flicked by the screen for under a second and was really hard to pinpoint it again for the screen shot - it took lots of clicking to get it in frame.

So, I'm not sure what the statue is - but - it looks like an angel to me, or a big what? Eagle or something with wings. (No I'm not going to go research monuments on the Thames to find out either).

Point being it flashes by so quick - yeah - it seems like an angle - but...
I don't even know if this is what others are seeing, but it's what I came up with.

peace

[edit on 28-6-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

that looks like a statue to me too

something was shown in the video with the singing women

Image Previous Post

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan

That is not the 'angel.'

It's best to check the op link and see other photos and video. The 'angel' appears somewhat like a reflection or mist above the water. There is no definite head or limbs, but something of a 'body' as well as up-stretched 'wings.'

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

It's best to check the op link and see other photos and video.

I did - but I didn't see anything in the video posted in the original OP vid.

Will go back and watch it again, thanks.

peace

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Ugh. That was pretty bad. Nothing of substance.

And looking at the website - sheer rubbish. The video of the Korean singers was terrible! It "flashes" and seems to move out of synch.

Waste of time, people

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The video (with photo capture a few posts up) of the korean girls was the best video I saw of the 'angel.' There are photos of the site showing the same thing from other points,like this one...

Here is an older photo of the same thing...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

The first picture you linked is a known hoax. Even the website itself says so.

On this same page, another poster, Eagle something, posted a link to this.

transpont.blogspot.com...

It now seems pretty clear that the whole thing was a planned hoax, part of an attempted 'viral marketing' campaign for a charity event last year. In fact the basic story was largely debunked on a sceptical forum in November 2006, which demonstrated that:
- an alleged Slovakian TV interview with TV presenter David Grant about a supposed angel sighting was false - the STV logo was incorrect, the reporter had a made up name and the title picture was actually of St. Basils in Moscow, not a site in Slovakia.

Apparently, it is an already debunked viral marketing campaign for a charity that has "Angel" in its name.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I know how it feels to see something and yet no one else present can see it. To me it is obviously there, but I cannot explain it to anyone, because they cannot see it. On another occasion it worked the other way. A woman walking down the road into town stopped and was animatedly talking to thin air. I stopped and observed to try and establish who or what she was talking to. She obviously was talking to a real person, but I was unable to see him. I presume that I was invisible to him and to her as well ? In order to understand these paranormal phenomenon I recommend that you read THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE by MICHAEL TALBOT published in 1991 by Harper Collins ISBN 0-586-09171-8. Also I highly recommend that everyone get to watch the movie THE FOURTH KIND.

This video which I have inserted is illustrating the kind of phenomenon which people report seeing. Obviously if you were to be witness to such a manifestation you would be a convert. However, until you witness such an apparition personally you might just carry on being skeptical. I have experienced paranormal manifestations, but not yet an UFO. Thus I suspect that the ubiquitous UFO are a paranormal manifestation ?

The man who saw the "Thames Angel" probably saw her out of the corner of his field of vision, but as soon as he moved his head to look with his central field of vision she was nolonger visible to him. People often report seeing things with the periphery of their eye sight. However, using their central retina the apparition is invisible.

The Thames River is known to the colloquial indiginous [such as myself] as "The Waters of Isis". This might be reference to the apparitions observed in London. "Isis" be an umbrella term used to encompass all manifestations of the feminine angellic kind, including the "Blessed Virgin Mary" seen by the Catholic faithful. My opinion is that the apparition in London is a manifestation of what we call "guardian angel". London is home for literally millions and it is comforting to see that London is being watched over by a Guardian Angel. Without her presence London would probably be a nightmare.

The part of the Thames River that I know is where the River Kennet meets the Thames, in Reading in Berkshire, just up river from Runnymead in Sonning, where Prince John was forced to sign the Magna Carta. Back in those times Reading did not exist, but was merely an Old Roman Villa, and a big very old Catholic Scriptoria. Both destroyed by Oliver Cromwell during the Parlimentary Civil War. It is believed that the Reading Scriptoria contained documents that were as old as or even older than Stonehenge, which is situated not too far away in Wiltshire on Salisbury Plain. All documents destroyed by the fire. Oliver Cromwell hung the Abbot and many of the nuns and monks died with the scriptures as it all was set on fire. Berkshire at that time was a prehistoric virgin forest often used for hunting wild pigs. No proper roads so the Thames River was used as the main road.

> SHIMONO <
> JOURNAL <
> MY SPACE <

The text included with the inserted video above is as follows >>>

This amazing video were sent by pastor Igor Shvedov.

Amateur video has unexpectedly photographed angels. On the screen, visiting angels of one of the apartments of an apartment house is visible. Afterwards, we found out it appeared at the time in the house a child has died. Angels are behind the soul of the child.

Video is taken in the city of Semipalatinsk (Kazakhstan).

See & believe!
Jesus is the Lord!

ATTENTION №1
For those who would like to watch in better quality ... one can download this video here:
www.riverflow.ru...
(at the foot of page - 468КB)

[edit on 28/6/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

It doesn't say it is fake, the person who runs the site says,

The more I look at this picture, whcih has been posted on another Thames Angel website (yes, I know him!) the more I think its a fake. One reason is the fact that the angel seems to be overlapping the people in the foreground. It is also anonnymous.

The person just thinks it is fake.

Even the site you quoted doesn't say it is a proven hoax, but that they believe it to be. The charity organization hasn't claimed it as a viral campaign. Could it be, yes. I honestly wouldn't be surprised. However, if it is real, then it is an interesting phenomenon to look into. I don't get the impression that it is an 'angel.'

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Well, they also show that clearly faked etching. I know it isnt the definitive scientific "hoax' label. But catching the reporter out in all the ways listed on that blog is pretty telling.

I am all for paranormal, if it really IS paranormal. But people faking stuff for marketing and pretending its real does offend my principles. Both as someone interested in the paranormal, and someone opposed to making money at any cost.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The River Thames is called Isis in Oxfordshire. Some say Thames is an abbreviation of Thame-Isis and should only be called Thames beyond these two rivers' confluence at Dorchester.

Could he have seen the world virgin?

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Robert Reynolds]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Thanks for broadening the discussion. Do you know anything else about that particular video?

reply to all posters

Some great research & analysis.

When I posted this it was new to me too & I was hoping other evidence (either way) might come to the fore.

As I mentioned on p1.,

It could be worth bearing in mind that the TV company may have hijacked the story for their own purposes, in which case the outtake would just serve as an intro to the phenomenon.

and the second video which shows the TV witness fleeing an interviewer does lend weight to this, even without the additional evidence in that direction that people have brought in.

I still hold to what I said after that:

Finally I get the impression the testimonies are more intriguing than the photos/videos, as what people claim to have seen was something striking, yet rather fleeting.

I too don't find the Korean video convincing. But if a) a marketing company has jumped on the bandwagon and b) the photographic evidence leaves a lot to be desired, does that still mean the phenomenon itself is debunked?

Personally I don't mind what is dug up — I just thought it may be a stimulating exercise to get to the bottom of this.

There may still be more to this than meets the eye.

To be really thorough eye-witness testimony perhaps needs a little more weighing up. I starred eaglewings' post for presenting new evidence. Nice going. (Nevertheless the debunking of that appalling etching suggests to me someone clutching at straws in an attempt to bury the subject.)

I did contact a prominent member who lives in London in connection with this topic, and she said she had heard about it. She may well come by.

Meantime perhaps others might U2U any members they know are based in the area.

I'll do a little more digging on the 'net (& perhaps others more adept at investigating such phenomena might see what else they could find...)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join