It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shocking Reality of Modern Day Extinction.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The Emperors penguin has become next on the list and is predicted by French ecologist,
Stephanie Jenouvrier, to go extinct within this century.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd714e91587a.jpg[/atsimg]

Another black page in history.

Source.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Another species in danger of extinction. It will probably not make it to the next century.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f6bf6bb013ff.jpg[/atsimg]

Did you know this animal walked with dinosaurs ? Well... not exactly the same but still...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Good post. After reading it, this song came to mind.

Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

Not mine kind of music. But still, thank you for posting.

You're welcome

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The first time I've ever heard of its existence. An almost mythical animal called Saola, last time anyone ever saw it was in the year 1999.

Unfortunately the animal died after it was captured. It could have been the last one of them.Lets hope there are still a few of them left.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2d5e0818885.jpg[/atsimg]

Source

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I hate to bring more bad news to this topic, but something that I don’t think anyone even considers about all of this is that even today, scientist are finding new spices of animals, which were never found threw out history. I say how wonderful that is, but if we are still finding new spices, how many have we never known or will never know because they went extinct before we ever even knew they existed? That is just another sad reality.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

You are right.

I did consider that before myself. It is not really a positive idea.
I hope mankind will soon be forced to alter our behavior. But I might get disappointed ...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
The first time I've ever heard of its existence. An almost mythical animal called Saola, last time anyone ever saw it was in the year 1999.

Unfortunately the animal died after it was captured. It could have been the last one of them.Lets hope there are still a few of them left.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2d5e0818885.jpg[/atsimg]

Source

They say its a relitive of the cow and you can see it in its skull structure. It’s a beautiful animal.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Weird huh ? It looks like an antelope.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Very good thread Sinter Klaas. I'd just like to say that it may seem all doom and gloom, but we do find new species too... it doesn't account for all of the extinct, it is however a small lining of silver around a dark cloud. I think it was a year, maybe two, ago that I read of an area somewhere in about south-middle Africa that had been found using satellite imagery. The area is so secluded that they were cataloging new species of insects, birds, snakes, etc. not found anywhere else.. I still can't remember what country, but from what I remember they basically turned the land into a conservancy. hard to believe this little forest in the middle of africa, surrounding a mountain, had never had recorded human contact... their own government didn't know of it's existence!

for the record I don't belive in man made global warming, it's a natural earth cycle. Man modified climate I can believe in, but this should only work on micro scales, not macro... I do however believe in pollution and un-economical use of, and lack of integration with, nature. we DO need to clean up our act, but I do believe there is time... hopefully enough have learnt and continue to spread the message.. doesn't matter what side of the line your on, we know what we need to do, it's only logical.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Another view endangered species from fellow member Anon72

in a thread called : 8 Most Overlooked Endangered Species Candidates!!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Great thread, Humans are totally responsible for these extinctions, they have created loss of habitat, pollution, and overpopulation of their race. These are the things they could have easily avoided.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join